Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: I Will Buy A New Harley When...  (Read 33990 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: I Will Buy A New Harley When...
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2010, 02:46:13 PM »

I don't get Red Devil's reasoning.  Why should paint issues be looked at any differently than repetitive engine, electronic, or other problems? :nixweiss:

They shouldn't.  If it's a repetitive problem that affects a majority of the product sold, then it is a design flaw that needs to be corrected in the manufacturing process.  Like the initial head gasket issue was addressed.  But where at what percentage of failure it is considered a basic flaw?  10 failures, 100 failures, 1000 failures?  I don't know.  I'm sure there is a percentage somewhere in the minds of designers where they accept a certain percentage of failures as not being a design or complete product failure.  I'm sure there have been problems out there, besides the head gasket problems, that have happened to more than one or two people, or even 10 for that matter, but does that make it a design flaw and immediately condemn the whole line?  I don't know the answer to that.  Mechanical failures, for the most part, are internal, and won't be discovered until the vehicle gets some mileage on it.  
On the other hand, cosmetic issues, one would think, should be caught right away.  I can see a bad paint job right now, but I can't necessarily see a part that may fail in 5K miles, unless I've seen that same part repeatedly fail in the same time frame.  Like I said earlier, I think if we look back at the postings for 95 and 103 engines, we'll find complaints about them.  The 110 is no different.  There are those that have had problems and there are those that haven't.  Has the MoCo been totally vigilant in catching all the problems, obviously not, and shame on them for not.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »

The only thing that would make me buy a new one is if my BSR decides she wants her own bike, or if something comes out that catches my eye more than the 09 O/B SERG I have.  There's not been a stock bike I've seen that I like better; RG is the best road bike I've ever ridden; and I am generally satisfied with performance on mine after the minor mods I've made.  But, of course, once I do everything to it I want - then it just might be time to start over...  :orange:

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »

But, of course, once I do everything to it I want - then it just might be time to start over...  :orange:

Ain't that the truth.. :coolblue:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.