Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Some should just not ride/  (Read 5076 times)

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
Re: Some should just not ride/
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »

WOW!
Any speculation on the speed it takes to do that? 150...175...200????
Supershooter

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »

Unreal! Amazing no one in the van was hurt!

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »

Wow!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »

These dumbass kids do some stupid chit >:( >:( >:(

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 12:56:43 AM »

Wow, dead on center. The left side and right side damage mirrors the other. Bizarre how it turned out.

Didn't see those big tail lights or the license plate relection?

Sometimes we all wish we could just control our stopping better and a whole lot quicker.

We sometimes do foolish things to learn our limitations and boundaries especially when it comes to horsepower and adrenaline.

Best hopes for him and his family.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 01:17:32 PM »

Regardless of wishing we could control our stopping better, that is completely ridiculous and stupid travelling at such a rate of speed...I do hope he lives to regret his unfortunate decision to risk his life and the lives of others...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 07:15:52 PM »

HAd to be going over 150 to put it through the van like that.  Man it is a miracle no one got hurt.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 08:17:49 PM »

HAd to be going over 150 to put it through the van like that.  Man it is a miracle no one got hurt.

When you figure the van was moving at around 65 miles per hour, the bike must have been at redline in sixth gear to do that kind of impact. I guess that is why most crotch rocket riders wear helmets, for situations such as this. I have zero simpathy for the rider, but feel very bad for others involved in such a stupid wreck (not an "accident" IMO). Most likely all of us that are reading about this will also be paying for this, as I doubt the rider will have insurance to cover his medical bills.

My Bagg

• Ferguson, Harley Ferguson
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Red FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 09:36:28 PM »

When you figure the van was moving at around 65 miles per hour, the bike must have been at redline in sixth gear to do that kind of impact. I guess that is why most crotch rocket riders wear helmets, for situations such as this. I have zero simpathy for the rider, but feel very bad for others involved in such a stupid wreck (not an "accident" IMO). Most likely all of us that are reading about this will also be paying for this, as I doubt the rider will have insurance to cover his medical bills.

x2

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 07:32:12 AM »

X3
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Randylee

• Full CVO Member
  • RN; USAF Medic ('97-present); USMC ('88-'92)

• CVO1: FXDFSE - Fat Bob (Black & Fire Quartz)
    • CVO2: aka 2002 Yamaha V-max (commuter bike)
    • CVO3: aka 2008 XL1200L (wife's Sportster)
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 03:56:10 AM »

UN....FREAKIN'...BELIEVABLE!!!   Would it do any good to have the DMV require people under X of age to attend a class that shows them that stuff like this happens?  Something to pierce that shield of thought that we're invincible at that age.

I'm just so incredibly greatfull that no one in the minivan was seriously hurt.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 12:20:50 PM »

The rear doors on any minivan aren't structurally much.  The bumper below the door is the structure to the rear of the vehicle.  He didn't have to be going that fast when you consider 600# hitting a thin sheet of metal.  95-100 would do just that.

No, I'm NOT saying he's not an idiot or anything of the sort.  Just that it doesn't take that much impact when you consider WHAT was truly hit by how much mass.

To put it into perspective, look at Jorge's F250.  There's a whole lot more metal that got really beat up there than the back of that van.  And Jorge wasn't flying down the road.

The downside is "it's those damn motorcyclists" that's been put into MORE cagers minds.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 08:17:05 PM »

The rear doors on any minivan aren't structurally much.  The bumper below the door is the structure to the rear of the vehicle.  He didn't have to be going that fast when you consider 600# hitting a thin sheet of metal.  95-100 would do just that.

No, I'm NOT saying he's not an idiot or anything of the sort.  Just that it doesn't take that much impact when you consider WHAT was truly hit by how much mass.

To put it into perspective, look at Jorge's F250.  There's a whole lot more metal that got really beat up there than the back of that van.  And Jorge wasn't flying down the road.

The downside is "it's those damn motorcyclists" that's been put into MORE cagers minds.

I doubt that the bike went airborne before hitting the van, which would lead me to the conclusion that the bike DID hit the main structure of the van. I think the van AND the bike crumpled up like an accordion and was stuffed into the cargo area, after hitting the main rear structure of the van. Also remember the van was on a highway and was probably travelling over 65MPH when hit.

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

Located some updated info at Ocala.com

http://www.ocala.com/article/20101204/articles/101209838
By Austin L. Miller
Staff writer

Fundraiser helps crash victim's family
Robert Kelley remains hospitalized after surviving a motorcycle crash that sent him head-first into a minivan.

Kelley, who was wearing a helmet, was flown to Shands at the University of Florida in Gainesville after the crash.

He broke both of his legs, ruptured his bladder, suffered severe head trauma and had multiple cuts and bruises.

"He did not have any insurance, he has mounting medical bills, and (he) has a 1-year-old daughter

Drake said her son does rehab work three hours a day, seven days a week. His rehab is to rebuild his muscles so that he can walk and talk.

Drake said her son knows he was in an accident, but he doesn't remember it.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.