Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: gov signs bill to quiet hogs  (Read 5027 times)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: gov signs bill to quiet hogs
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 10:58:26 AM »

I question whether the politicians do it for what the majority want. I don't recall any of my neighbors discussing or even knowing about this as an issue. Just another politician making the public think again that motorcycles are a public nuisance and that they are the public heroes for standing up and rescuing the public from this nuisance.

I hear 9 out of 10 of the public complaining about road funds being diverted for uses other than road repairs and that Cali roads are some of the worst in the nation. Got a real issue here impacting 99% of the population. Where is our hero in regards to roads. She is the head of transportation. Nowhere. But wait, now when she runs for office again she can brag on her real accomplishment, getting smog and sound on motorcycles after 2013. She can add this to the fact she pushed through a bicycle helmet law requiring people under 16 years of age to wear helmets when cycling. Maybe she'll request that all bridges be painted blue so that when we see the color blue we'll all drive friendlier and not cuss when we have to drive on roads in such bad condition that our exhaust wants to fall off.

Thank you heroic politician for looking out for the public interest. These are the type of Politicos that erode away the public freedoms one little bill at a time. This one got our attention because it involved motorcycles. What about the three other bills she got pushed through? Does everybody agree to those?

I prefer the mellower more performing exhaust as well. Though I hated my stock (Volkswagon sewing machine) sound.

I whine when the public freedoms slowly get eroded away by nanny govt. When I look in the mirror I see where the politico just took a crap on my head and got away with it. Why? Because somebody else thinks that because this time the law negatively impacts others (louder pipes) and not them (quieter pipes) so it must be okay. Next law the tables might be turned and people will say it's okay if you're negatively impacted because they are not.

Pussification of America by pussifying motorcycles. People will have more respect and be more in awe of motorcycle riders once we get rid of the rough element and get more pussified by putting on training wheels. Pink riding gear is friendlier than black and the public will like that as well. I hope someday the govt requires the industries to modify the computers in all vehicles to sync with a GPS controlling a governor so that nobody will be able to exceed the speed limit. We will never have an accident again because we are all govt protected.

Can you believe those dumb-asses in Boston started a war with the British over taxes the colony of Georgia didn't have to pay?

God Bless America and our freedoms!   :nixweiss:

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Preach on brother.  :2vrolijk_21: This crap has nothing to do with noise. Eff 'em all.    :smilie_daumenneg:

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »

So tell us how you really feel Don? 

I think I stay up too late watching shows about Thomas Jefferson!  :bananarock:

We should now have a motorcyclist saying for Arnold "Hey Aww-nold, is my bike too loud Girly Man?"  :coolblue:

We could have a CVO protest at the Capital Bldg in Sac. Get on the news, maybe the cover of Rolling Stone. We could sell T-Shirts across the state! We Can Raise Hell and show the world that NorCal CVOers don't F$%&* Around!

Can we put that on our GTG shirts?

Gotta go now to get my wife at the airport. If I'm late she'll kick my ass!
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »

Hey Don, if we ain't laughing with you......we're laughing at you. You got way to much time on your hands.......you need to find a job to keep you outta trouble.  :huepfenlol2:

You better hustle and go get Carol.!  Hope you two are able to make it to the Cali GTG......or the MITM as it is being called.
 :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:15:15 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Ralph

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 01:58:05 PM »

Now there's a novel idea a politician doing what their constituents want.
Motorcycles are subject to the same noise levels by law as any other car, truck, etc. Your politicians make the laws so why not drop a note to your congressman instead of us who can do nothing but repeat :" F'em ! Pay the fine and ride LOUD and PROUD !!!!!" ," That will set all of the car alarms off and keep the police busy. Maybe they'll ban car alarms next " ,  "What a beautiful state, too bad the polititions are so screwed up there. How do these people get into office out there?"----Uhhhhhmmm,I wonder how ?

Once again :
"Let Someone Else Do It ---- is every intelligent person's philosophy of life. There are plenty of things that if we stop doing them for a long enough time, some other sucker with less patience and a greater sense of responsibility will do them instead. This is an established law of our social reality, and it is our obligation to uphold it."( Inadequate but Soooooo true !)   ;)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »

AT LEAST WE CAN STILL SPLIT LANES . BIG PLUS DURING RUSH HOUR MORNING AND EVENING
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 03:03:17 PM »

AT LEAST WE CAN STILL SPLIT LANES . BIG PLUS DURING RUSH HOUR MORNING AND EVENING

The video of the guy splitting lanes in Russia just how big of a plus lane splitting is. :huepfenlol2:

I can't imagine sitting in 110F weather dead stop during the rush hour.  The motor wouldn't take that for to long.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »

the pussification of america- thats a term i dont think ive ever heard

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:58 PM »

pussification(noun): the state in which a society becomes less and less tough. This noun's originator is the famous comedian George Carlin.
"We are undergoing a pussification of our entire society."
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Ralph

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 11:26:19 PM »

Ever heard of "The dumbing down of America" ? :
********Too many would rather believe what their Mega-Church pastor or Fox news spouts. They easily vote for candidates who vote against their own best interests because the candidates today do not like individual thought because it is too hard to control.
ie......http://www.rockypatterson.com/DUMBING/index.html
It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a problem in having 'In God We Trust' on our money and having 'God' in the Pledge of Allegiance. Why don't we just tell the 14% to BE QUIET!!! --Andy Rooney
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:43:07 PM by Ralph »

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 09:45:35 AM »

You know, I like setting off car alarms!!!!  :bananarock:  Especially in car garages!!!!!  :pepper:

Another reason to stay out of  8)  California!!!!!  :nixweiss:

napalm
napalm

CBW

• 1K CVO Member
  • HOG,AMA,ABATE
    • PA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDFSE
    • CVO3: 1984 FXE,1964 FLH
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 07:52:40 AM »

I don't blame the politicians, they are just doing what the majority of their constituents want will get them votes.  Perhaps if the "Loud and Proud" minority hadn't been so obnoxious, this would be a non-issue.  But we all know, and some obviously are, biker's who just love to run the loudest pipes possible and then rev 'em up to impress the bystanders.  Well, many of the bystander's are fed up with the juvenile behavior, and I can't say I blame them.

I know taking responsibility for one's actions isn't part of our culture these days, but I personally don't care to hear a bunch of whining from the very same people who caused all the negative attention in the first place.  Time for some folks to grow up, suck it up, and move on.  And if their next bike sounds like a Singer sewing machine, they need to look in the mirror and place the blame squarely where it belongs.

Jerry

Edited for those who would rather bitch about the "politician doing what the majority wants" statement than deal with the real issue.

I really think it's more along the lines that the cagers can't hear them selves talking on thier cell phone while driving
that really has this issue going.
RIDE SAFE and Never RIDE faster than your guardian angel can fly.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »

There's a lot of small towns in the northern part of Calif, that already has a noise law, going thru them you better coast thru or Johnny Law will ticket you! all it is Money! Money! Money!

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »

Certain people in the Bay area seem to be able to thier voices heard even if they are a little scratchy, speak up, there are enough motorcycles riders is California that should be able be heard?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:33 AM »

There's a lot of small towns in the northern part of Calif, that already has a noise law, going thru them you better coast thru or Johnny Law will ticket you! all it is Money! Money! Money!
We do 2 trips a year to california and down to 1 based on the B.S., the state is broke I will no longer spend my money on vacation waiting for a ticket while riding up and down the coast! We are going to go through with other plans for more bike freindly states. Don't get it?   
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 10:47:10 AM »

What a beautiful state, too bad the polititions are so screwed up there. How do these people get into office out there?

We do it to ourselves......yep we vote the screwed up politicians into office (and we're the only state that has screwed up politians).  And, we create the ideas for these obnoxsious laws by putting obnoxious exhausts on our bikes and then the bone heads blast through quiet areas twisting the throttle to intentionally annoy.  Who do we have to blame? :nixweiss:   

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 20 queries.