Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Bought this today  (Read 26206 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Bought this today
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »

So how was the ride home????
Bike runs like a dream and rides like one as well.  as it should with only 1200 miles, it is like a brand new bike.  faster than I ever thought a V Rod could be, pulls two up no problem whatsoever.  Minor issue with a small leak down on the legends air ride, but I can fix it myself.  Only other issue was not wanting to start after gassing up seems battery was or still is weak from sitting, even though it is only 6 months old.  Easy to scrape going through the curves as it leans over very easy.  All and all I am happy as I can be with the bike, sure is a lot quieter than I am use to.  Back up camera is great in the daytime. lets you see cars coming up on you, you have to turn it off at night do to the lights.  Would not hesitate at all buying another, HD just needs to water cool a bagger and they will have a home run for sure.

Will update as I get more miles on it, it has been raining here and I have to work tomorrow, hope to get it out on Sunday and put some miles on it.  One last thing, the small gas tank sucks due to the low milage the V Rod gets, going to have to go to a 5 gallon soon.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:00:33 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2010, 11:12:10 PM »

Bike runs like a dream and rides like one as well.  as it should with only 1200 miles, it is like a brand new bike.  faster than I ever thought a V Rod could be, pulls two up no problem whatsoever.  Minor issue with a small leak down on the legends air ride, but I can fix it myself.  Only other issue was not wanting to start after gassing up seems battery was or still is weak from sitting, even though it is only 6 months old.  Easy to scrap going through the curves as it leans over very easy.  All and all I am happy as I can be with the bike, sure is a lot quieter than I am use to.  Back up camera is great in the daytime. lets you see cars coming up on you, you have to turn it off at night do to the lights.  Would not hesitate at all buying another, HD just needs to water cool a bagger and they will have a home run for sure.

Will update as I get more miles on it, it has been raining here and I have to work tomorrow, hope to get it out on Sunday and put some miles on it.  One last thing, the small gas tank sucks due to the low milage the V Rod gets, going to have to go to a 5 gallon soon.

Chains, if memory serves, your new ride has about a bazillion watts of sound system packed into it. It's gotta be a drain on the electrical system unless Randy at Cycle Visions put some Caps into it somewhere. Still I'd be wanting to check the charging system and put in a 50amp rotor/stator if there isn't already one in it. Also, while some may disagree, I think I'd be looking for an Optima or Odysey battery as well. Sorry I couldn't find the pics of when Brad Pitt had it for sale at CV on consignment. Perhaps they were on the CV website. Anyway, Randy at CV is a great guy and given the history of that bike, I am sure he'd fill you in on anything you'd like to know about it.

B B

Wanna ride

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2010, 11:51:08 PM »

Oh and by the way, there is no good way to get to Missouri from Gadsden Alabama.  
Yes there is... on THAT bike! Very nice looking, and what a deal! Good for you! ;)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2010, 08:49:14 AM »

Chains, if memory serves, your new ride has about a bazillion watts of sound system packed into it. It's gotta be a drain on the electrical system unless Randy at Cycle Visions put some Caps into it somewhere. Still I'd be wanting to check the charging system and put in a 50amp rotor/stator if there isn't already one in it. Also, while some may disagree, I think I'd be looking for an Optima or Odysey battery as well. Sorry I couldn't find the pics of when Brad Pitt had it for sale at CV on consignment. Perhaps they were on the CV website. Anyway, Randy at CV is a great guy and given the history of that bike, I am sure he'd fill you in on anything you'd like to know about it.

B B
You are 100% correct on the stereo, it may be my problem, the battery has to power a lot of stuff.  I will see if Randy put a higher out alternator in it, if not that will be my job.

Thanks
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2010, 11:22:30 AM »

You are 100% correct on the stereo, it may be my problem, the battery has to power a lot of stuff.  I will see if Randy put a higher out alternator in it, if not that will be my job.

Thanks

You may still want to add a couple capacitors (Caps) . Aren't there some big subwoofers in the front of each saddlebag ? Those consume electricity like fat man at a buffet. The Caps build up a charge in between when the woofers are "punching" which they don't do constantly. If you've ever been beside one of these kids with a Megawatt system, whenever your windows rattle from that kid beside you that's the woofer punching. The amount of punch should also be adjustable. I'm sure Jim (HD_Dude) could explain this better

B B  (Henry to Twolanerider  :P)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2010, 12:22:44 PM »

You may still want to add a couple capacitors (Caps) . Aren't there some big subwoofers in the front of each saddlebag ? Those consume electricity like fat man at a buffet. The Caps build up a charge in between when the woofers are "punching" which they don't do constantly. If you've ever been beside one of these kids with a Megawatt system, whenever your windows rattle from that kid beside you that's the woofer punching. The amount of punch should also be adjustable. I'm sure Jim (HD_Dude) could explain this better

B B  (Henry to Twolanerider  :P)
Yes there are huge sub woofers in the bags.  Someone would have to explain it as i am clueless.  However my neighbor does a lot of stereo work so maybe he can take time from building his new garage and give me a lesson.  I am also going to contact the guy that put the system in in California and see if he can shed light on the entire install.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »

Yes there are huge sub woofers in the bags.  Someone would have to explain it as I am clueless.  However my neighbor does a lot of stereo work so maybe he can take time from building his new garage and give me a lesson.  I am also going to contact the guy that put the system in in California and see if he can shed light on the entire install.
Talked to Randy at Cycle vision today on battery running down, he told me to never turn the stereo on without the bike running as it is 500 watt and will eat the battery, he also said with the GPS on the unit, the gyro is constantly on and that alone will run the battery dead in 3 days.  Glad it came with a battery tender.  Will monitor for now, never had a problem at all yesterday rode a little over 100 miles, never failed to start if I stopped.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:40:09 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »

Talked to Randy at Cycle vision today on battery running down, he told me to never turn the stereo on without the bike running as it is 500 watt and will eat the battery, he also said with the GPS on the unit, the Gimball is constantly on and that alone will run the battery dead in 3 days.  Glad it came with a battery tender.  Will monitor for now, never had a problem at all yesterday rode a little over 100 miles, never failed to start if I stopped.

That sounds like progress!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »

looks good !
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »

That sounds like progress!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

Never fails, you ask the right people the right questions and you get the answers you need.

B B

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »

Never fails, you ask the right people the right questions and you get the answers you need.

B B
Thats what makes this site "The Best Site"  :2vrolijk_21:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2010, 09:30:33 PM »

Another update, spoke to the owner at Streetnoyz in San Diego, California today, he is sending me the original invoice for the sound system and all the components so I can identify everything in case there is an issue someday.

Reconstructing it on paper one piece at a time.  Will update as I find out more things of interest.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:15:45 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »

Hooked up the XM today and added the radio to the list of XM's we currently have, wow, man can you really get some great sound out of this system.  Will probably end up getting a ticket for anti noise next.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »

Another update, spoke to the owner at Streetnoyz in San Diego, California today, he is sending me the original invoice for the sound system and all the components so I can identify everything in case there is an issue someday.

Reconstructing it on paper one piece at a time.  Will update as I find out more things of interest.

Chains,
           Saw your post on another thread that if you ever sell it'll be via Barrett-Jackson. Couple comments on that. Barrett-Jackson sells everything No Reserve so you could get screwed big time. To be honest, I am shocked you got it for what you did. Obviously the seller on E-Bay had a very low reserve on it. In any event, if you do go to auction, you'll want to look for well known auction house that allows a reserve. Watch "Chasing Classic Cars" sometime, you'll see what I mean. Having said that however, documentation is the thing that separates the fair price from the high ticket items. If you can show that the bike cost say $75k to build, you'll have an easier time getting $30k from some guy with a pocketful of money that takes a shine to the bike. On that note, have you gotten the orginal invoice that was given to Brad Pitt out of Cycle Visions yet ? Randy plays it real close to the vest with his celebrity clients, so I doubt he'll offer it, but you never know.

B B

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »

Chains,
          Saw your post on another thread that if you ever sell it'll be via Barrett-Jackson. Couple comments on that. Barrett-Jackson sells everything No Reserve so you could get screwed big time. To be honest, I am shocked you got it for what you did. Obviously the seller on E-Bay had a very low reserve on it. In any event, if you do go to auction, you'll want to look for well known auction house that allows a reserve. Watch "Chasing Classic Cars" sometime, you'll see what I mean. Having said that however, documentation is the thing that separates the fair price from the high ticket items. If you can show that the bike cost say $75k to build, you'll have an easier time getting $30k from some guy with a pocketful of money that takes a shine to the bike. On that note, have you gotten the original invoice that was given to Brad Pitt out of Cycle Visions yet ? Randy plays it real close to the vest with his celebrity clients, so I doubt he'll offer it, but you never know.

B B
As you say Randy plays it very close to the vest on his clients and I don't blame him at all.  I would never give up a client's information to some unknown person on the end of the phone or an e mail either, let alone in person.  Great to here about another option if I ever decide to sell the bike.  I have to tell you it is so much fun to tool around on and my wife loves it, I doubt seriously if it will ever get out of my hands unless someone walks up and just has to have it and makes me an offer I could not refuse.  The one thing that I really would like to have for my own pleasure is the magazine with the article in it. 
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.