Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how many softail convertibles coming to australia  (Read 3716 times)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
how many softail convertibles coming to australia
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »

looking forward to collecting my red convertible in two weeks  app, from what i can gather about 2400 have been made for worldwide distribution, with the majority in  the US, how many have been allocated to australia, and from the 2400 is there an even distribution of the three colors :jack:

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: how many softail convertibles coming to australia
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:48:03 PM »

are you kidding me???  2400 '11 models for the whole world??  and divide that amongst 3 colors??? Like 800 red ones for the whole world???   And youre getting a red one in australia in 2 weeks?  good for you!  It will rock!!  Pork

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »

saw the red one  in a photo my friend sent me from milwaukee when she test rode one, and itb was the red , fell in love with it and had to have one, lucky i found one red one available, and myfriend bought the maple one,
always been a softail man , and fell for the cvo:s when i visited york in 98

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:56:10 PM »

Must admit when i testrode them at Sturgis this August, I really liked the maple one and could see myself on one.  but I saw the red one also and started thinking about the red one.  GF liked the maple but after I probed the inner sanctum of her mind, she relented and thought the red one really exploited and exhibited the CVO example.......and it does.  Have had lotssssssss of people that really think it is all that and the bag of chips as well.  In the sun it really comes alive.  Otherwise, it just sits there, patiently, waiting for the sun to appear.  You will love it.  Do you  have a complete Hd dealership in AUs complete with tons of bikes, t shirts, parts, and the like?  and salesmen who look at you and see past your personality right into your wallet$$$$    I imagine that is worldwide............ :-)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:00:58 AM »

we have that of course , but i am lucky where i bought mine , the dealer is first class and looks after me as well as all his customers very well, hw has serviced my softail for years and picks it up from my home and delivers it back,

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:33:01 AM »

Might that be Harley Wales???  If that is the case, that is true customer service.  here in the good ol' UsA that is almost unheard of.  In my case, the dealer delivered the new one to the inside of my garage and loaded the trade-in and took it back to their shop.  3 times have had that done and sort of like it.  I'm not planning on there being a 4th time for quite a few years now.  Had the Heritage fort 5 years and the last one only 1 year because this one was so much more advanced than the '10 and didn't want to get lost in the past, so to speak.  I figured last year was the closest Moco would come to a cvo Heritage.  So bought it.  Now watch, next year they will come out with a CVO Heritage (I mean a true-blue Heritage with all the glimmer and superlative leather it deserves........could happen.  and honestly, if is gonna happen, it is happening right now.  But I won't bite because this is close to the Heritage and has the added feature of being a convertible as well.  the heritage wouldn't be.  But I sure will test drive them at Sturgis.  they have never made the heritage but they aren't listening to me eitherl.     ha!  go figure.  this is a fine bike.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »

update on number of 2011 softail convertibles allocated to australia
19 in total, 7 red, other two divided equally

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.