Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Napa Valley, Redwoods, Lost Coast and Ca Hwy. 36  (Read 24205 times)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Re: Napa Valley, Redwoods, Lost Coast and Ca Hwy. 36
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2010, 03:53:11 AM »

Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2010, 03:53:45 AM »

Arriving just outside of Red Bluff. The end of our CA-36 ride. I-5 then takes us South and home.

What an adventure. The wet foggy slickened curves had me skittish about the skittle skidding out. The winding roads were awesome. My cameras not working correctly so missed some great shots, and messed up some of the 500 or so I took. But I did get some great shots that I hope reminded the other riders of the trip.

And I got to explore new areas. I've lived in California for half of my life and I always find something amazing around the next bend or over the crest of the next hill. Dry golden rolling oak covered hills, vineyards growing in the valleys, mountain foothills with flowing rivers, giant redwoods naturally dark and damp, rocky coastlines of the cold pacific waters that naturally creates the foggy drizzle, the low hanging clouds where the weather patterns converge at the peaks of the coastal mountain ranges, the bright blue sky over the inland valley with the snow covered Sierras in the far distant skyline. No desert this trip but it is always there for tomorrow.

It was great to ride with John, Jeff, Andy, Lonnie, JC, Terrie, and Dave. Some pushing some pulling some flowing along. Andy snores and JC talks in his sleep.  ;D

JC and Terrie, great people who are awesome riders and lead fun rides. Thanks for the weekend, I'm glad I got to do the tour. One of the things I like about JC is his inquiring about how I like the areas and the rides. Then he'll reply "If you liked the winding roads here then you'll really like the roads up in ??? county and the scenery there." then he'll ask if I've ever done it and then say "We'll have to do that." Terrie will then say "Or what about place B instead because of ..... and we'll say yeah" And we will do that......

Lots to see in the U.S.A. just got to get out and do it.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:22:38 PM by D31960 »
Semper Fi

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #182 on: November 17, 2010, 08:41:02 AM »

as riding season is about done here i think i equally hate and enjoy this thread. thanks for sharing, i think....
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #183 on: November 17, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »

Looked like an awesome ride. Cant wait till the West Coast GTG in June. I wanna see that on my bike... :2vrolijk_21:

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #184 on: November 17, 2010, 10:36:21 AM »

Great pictures  :2vrolijk_21:
I always look forward to your ride pictures. I sure wish it was still summer and we could come down and ride that area again. I'm afraid the bike has been put up for the winter..we'll see you never know what tomorrow brings.

JC you should do motorcycle tours for a living.  :2vrolijk_21:

Was Andy feeling festive and brought out the pumpkin?  ;D
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #185 on: November 17, 2010, 10:41:53 AM »

Looks like you guys had a great ride and took some really good pictures!  Karen, it's a pumpkin and it is fall... ;D
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #186 on: November 17, 2010, 10:43:43 AM »

Great Pic's everyone!

Brings back lots of great memories of riding those roads.  The road up through the Redwoods & out to the Lost Coast was one of our favorites.

Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2010, 11:28:24 AM »

Great pic's JC sorry we couldn't make it, so you went up hwy 101 to Fortuna then back to hwy 36 over the hill to I-5 been that way alot when I used to work up north. Samoa cook house is a great place to eat you'll never leave hungry or it's your fault. Did you have dinner at the Eel River brewery?? 

It was the Eel River Brewery.  The best tri-tip dinner I've had in a long time. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2010, 11:31:10 AM »

Great pictures  :2vrolijk_21:
I always look forward to your ride pictures. I sure wish it was still summer and we could come down and ride that area again. I'm afraid the bike has been put up for the winter..we'll see you never know what tomorrow brings.

JC you should do motorcycle tours for a living.  :2vrolijk_21:

Was Andy feeling festive and brought out the pumpkin?  ;D

Andy's been trying to convence me of that for a few years.  Who knows......may be my retirement plan. :nixweiss:

But I'll take it as a complament, either way!  Thanks a bunch, Karen :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:38:29 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2010, 03:42:33 PM »

Great pictures  :2vrolijk_21:

JC you should do motorcycle tours for a living.  :2vrolijk_21:
as Andy feeling festive and brought out the pumpkin?  ;D
    Karen- I was planning on taking roadglide cause i had 9,300 miles on rear tire( most mile i,ve ever gotten on tire, i,m changing tires at 7k most all the time) On friday i had my bike at my office. Checked out rear  tire and i was into the wear bars so at noon i rolled my bike out of my office and did a burn out down the block so as to give the hi tect workers ,in the new high rise building across the street a little smoke and burnt rubber smell for there lunch break.  The 04 O/B was up with best rubber and fresh oil change. Glad  i didn,t take roadglide would have fallen down on the Lost HY.   For those wanting to know the lost HY can stay Lost
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »

For those wanting to know the lost HY can stay Lost
;D

Definitely had a clinch factor in the high numbers especially the wet cattle guard in the curves. Glad I was solo as Carole can manage to claw me right through the leather. Wet winding roads, great experience but not my preference either.

Semper Fi

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32:13 PM »

Nobody wanted to ride behind me because I would slow down when taking a photo moment and then speed back up. :o

I wouldn't have minded being in the very back, but felt safer with someone behind me just in case.  Besides, being just in front of you, I got to be in most of the pictures.  ;D
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

johno

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 1994 Electra Glide Classic
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited
« Reply #192 on: November 18, 2010, 01:02:40 AM »

Great pics JC and Don.  Forgot my camera or I would have posted some too. :)  Look forward to the next ride!!

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2010, 08:45:37 AM »

Wow!! Some great pics of a beautiful ride!! Looks like you all had a blast!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »

Looks like a great ride!  Will try to make the same run next time we get out that way!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.