Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: My 110 is DOA  (Read 24929 times)

Darkstar

• NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHTSKE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
    • CVO3: 2005 FLHTCSE2
Re: My 110 is DOA
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »

Got me there...after 6 years I thought it might be nice to have a new ride. Most of my friends are riding 110 upgrades and have not had reliabilty issues. Never gave it a thought to see if the factory 110 was giving folks a bad time.

Back to the question....does anyone know if the factory has done anything to address the reliability issues?

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2011, 09:37:16 PM »

Got me there...after 6 years I thought it might be nice to have a new ride. Most of my friends are riding 110 upgrades and have not had reliabilty issues. Never gave it a thought to see if the factory 110 was giving folks a bad time.

Back to the question....does anyone know if the factory has done anything to address the reliability issues?
I talked with a number of techs and they tell me in 2008 the cam section of the motor is revamped with much bigger cam bering diameters and something about plates or end plates the three I spoke with had not seen a 08 or newer cam bering failure, got my fingers crossed we picked ours up on the 27th  :bananarock:
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

hdandrc

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2011, 07:58:41 AM »

One of my riding buddies has a 2010 and his front inner cam bearing gave it up after 23,000 miles. He had a 103" Stage 4 kit installed at 10,300 miles. We don't know if new cam bearings were installed at that time since the tech has moved on. Stock caged bearings not a full compliment needle bearing. It is the 1st one I have seen since the bigger bearings came out.

cmecatchu2

• CVO1: 2009 Screaming Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2011, 11:02:29 AM »

Well just a word on warranty and ESP-- I have a 2009 SERG it loses oil consistently and it keeps getting worse. I am glad I found this thread because I am starting to lose power. My bike doesnt have a leak nor does it burn oil. As it sits now it has 15,000 mileson bike but oil consumption started and was noticed by my dealer at 1k service. HD MOCO says that it is acceptable to lose 1.5 quarts every 1000-1500 miles. MOCO wont even authorize a dealer who has documented this all along to determine the issue-- I went from 1 quart every 1800 miles to now over a quart every 1000 miles.
Thank God the dealer I am dealing with now is honest and reputable. They are going to take bike and fix it and cover all costs. MOCO told them to see if I would just go with another bike. Trying to steer me to pay more money out of my pocket--Glad it has worked out for alot of you with warranty but every trip I take on the bike I have to bring 2 quarts of oil just to have oil register on the dip stick. I am going to point dealer in this direction on this thread but once it is fixed I will be selling the bike.  Thanks for posting this thread, hopefully it will help dealer and they can fix it.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »

if a new tc 88 or 96 uses up any oil between inspection intervals something is wrong.

MoCo tries to cover up as usually,
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2011, 12:44:52 AM »

Just so all you guys know, you can extend your extended warranty if your warranty is still in effect and you have under 75K miles on your bike. And you can buy an extended warranty with an inspection if you are still under 75K miles. From what I've seen on our bikes, the warranties are very worth it. I've used the warranties many times for much more than the warranty cost. I don't have enough miles on my '11 FLTRUSE yet to know how it will be (due to an injury, I haven't been able to ride all summer, just now starting to ride a little), and my wife just bought her '09 FLTRSE3 with 11K on it. I'm thinking I need to find some reason to at least have the cam bearings replaced and maybe even a new oil pump on the'09.
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

cmecatchu2

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »

I am a fan of extended warranties BUT when they want to deny there is a problem and a dealership is telling you there is definitely a problem it doesnt matter what warranty you have its still no good!! Also Harley's extended warranty does not pay or reimburse for diagnosis of a problem, so unless it is a visible issue you will be sitting in the same boat with me without a paddle!!!

Thank God the dealer I am dealing with is reputable and wants to correct the issue and they are doing it and not charging me nor are they getting reimbursed from the MOCO!!

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2011, 05:49:31 PM »

I got the extended warrenty on my 09. At 24,000 miles it just came back from the HD dealer with a new SE compensator and a transmission overhaul replacing output shaft and all bearings. It cost me $25 so I won't go anywhere without one, LOL...

jb

cmecatchu2

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »

GteetSlide-- glad to hear that the warranty has worked for you.

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2011, 06:37:14 PM »

GteetSlide-- glad to hear that the warranty has worked for you.

Yep, my expierence is it's all about the dealership. Rapid City HD always goes out of their way to help me out. Some other dealers have let me down in the past. The HD dealer in Whitehorse stayed open after closing time because I was travelling and my face shield got so bad I could not see thru it. They loaned me a cleaner and special cloth to wipe all the shields protective tint off so I could see again. it's always nice when the dealer backs you up.

Hear that HD? You can hire me to travel around to all the dealers and test their commitment to service. And all I need is a new bike every 6 months and a fat salary, LOL...

jb
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.