Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: 2011 CVO SG Curved License Plate Frame  (Read 58172 times)

Terra

• OINK1
Re: 2011 CVO SG Curved License Plate Frame
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2011, 03:39:52 PM »

If you're laying on the ground behind my bike, you can see it.  The trick is to mount the frame so that it's not visable from the normal standing position. :2vrolijk_21:
THanks!So barely cover holes at top to keep edge of plate over rivet CORRECT?
OINK1 @
The Summit in Indiana

captdave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson SESG
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »

Update for everyone since I haven't posted for awhile:

The rubber company I was corresponding with, after almost a full month of stringing me along, told me they cannot cut the rubber as per my specifications.  Why, I don't know...they are a gasket company and claimed to be able to do custom work.  Maybe it's just as well...people who contacted me by email couldn't spell worth as damn anyway, which makes me wonder about their professionalism (among other things).  

I'm currently researching more companies.  I'm going to need probably another month between work and what's going on at home to try to find another vendor.  I'll start contacting a few companies next week.  Sorry this is taking so long...

Dave

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »

THanks!So barely cover holes at top to keep edge of plate over rivet CORRECT?

Yes, exactly. :2vrolijk_21:  I can snap some pics tonight, if you need me to?  Let me know? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Terra

• OINK1
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »

Yes please do my dealer service manager thinks it would look bad with rivet exposed but he may of had bike up on rack and from that level would be like being on the ground! Did you use the rubber gasget off original plate also?
OINK1 @
The Summit in Indiana

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »

My wife's bike is a lighter, brighter color so it shows up a little better.

This pic was taken at about 12' back, standing.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »

This one is taken from the same distance but on my knees.  You can barely see the bottom of the rivet under the center of the license plate frame.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »

This is about 6' back and eye level with the exhaust (actually a bit below the frame).

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »

same distance but zoomed in.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »

Standing.....looking down over the top of the frame.  You can barely see the black plastic hole plug (bought at a local hardware store) in the fender behind the top of the license plate frame.

**NOTE**  Hind sight, I wish I'd of had the plastic hole plug painted when I had the inner fairing and fender, tail light frame painted to match.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:01:11 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »

Same position....zoomed in.

Hope these help you and your tech.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:14:09 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »

Update for everyone since I haven't posted for awhile:

The rubber company I was corresponding with, after almost a full month of stringing me along, told me they cannot cut the rubber as per my specifications.  Why, I don't know...they are a gasket company and claimed to be able to do custom work.  Maybe it's just as well...people who contacted me by email couldn't spell worth as damn anyway, which makes me wonder about their professionalism (among other things).  

I'm currently researching more companies.  I'm going to need probably another month between work and what's going on at home to try to find another vendor.  I'll start contacting a few companies next week.  Sorry this is taking so long...

Dave

I really appreaciate your dillagence, I bought one of those plates a year or so ago from a member here on this fourm, but have'nt mounted it yet hoping to come up with some sort of backing plate for it!!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2011, 08:21:25 PM »

Any update on gasket?  I really want to order a palte frame.

The rubber gasket comes with the Kuryaken license plate frames that's depicted on my wife's bike in the photos above and my bike here.....

**NOTE**  for those that saw our bikes in Ariz. last week......these pics were taken last afternoon.  They really came clean. ;D  For those that didn't notice in the Ride Report photos, the fairing and leg fairings on my bike were one solid mass of bugs. :nervous:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:25:56 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

What part number are you using? Is it Kuryakyn part number 9182 and where did you purchase it from?  Thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2011, 10:43:44 PM »

What part number are you using? Is it Kuryakyn part number 9182 and where did you purchase it from?  Thanks

Kuryakn #9182.  Bought it from Jim (hd-dude on this forum).....the guy that did all the work on our bikes.  Here's his info: 

Metal Dragon
22336 Meekland Ave
Hayward, CA 94541 -4992
 (510) 885-9471

West Coast GTG   

captdave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson SESG
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2011, 10:37:46 PM »

An update on the rubber 9182 gasket I am looking into having made for mounting against the fender (see earlier posts):

I believe I've found a supplier.  I'm in the process now of having a prototype made so I can test-fit it.  It's coming from overseas (mainly to try to keep costs down) and I should have the test piece in about 3 weeks.  As soon as I receive it and can find the opportunity to test fit it (translation: it's warm and I wanna ride, not work in the garage), I'll take some pics and post them here to get feedback.  After that, it may take another month or two before I can get the rest made up and recieved by me.  This is just an estimate on my part.  We all know anything worth having is worth waiting for, huh?   :2vrolijk_21:  At this point I think I'll be able to keep each gasket around $20-$25.

While we're on the subject of fitment, can anyone tell me how to get the nut off the cover inside the rear fender that houses the license plate light plug??  Hopefully WITHOUT taking the rear wheel off??  I can reach it from underneath, but not sure there's enough room to get a wrench up there to turn the nut off.  Haven't really tried that hard yet.  

I want to just be clear on one thing though before I go any further.  I'm not in business doing this.  As such, I will not be liable for anyone's bike being damaged by incorrect installation, someone wanting to go back to the stock setup later and finding that the gasket rubbed scratches into their fenders over a period of time, or their paint faded due to water (or anything else) underneath.  This solution is meant to be a permanent installation...meaning no going back to stock and expecting an unscathed fender underneath.  You also drill holes at your own risk, preferably using the frame as a guide, not the gasket.  Every one I send out will have this warning enclosed and I will ask that I receive at least an email from all buyers saying that they release me from any future damages.  

Best regards,
Dave
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:40:40 PM by captdave »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.