Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: One week old, and my new baby vandalized!  (Read 6354 times)

Rogzy

• Rogzy
  • Full CVO Member
One week old, and my new baby vandalized!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »

Hey Barney, I am really sorry for the loss. It must really piss you off to get your new ride damaged that fast. There is just no way to understand why those morons do what they do. Why dont you get one of those leather fairings bra to fiver up the damage until new fairings arrives. Just a thought.....
Keep safe man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Four Wheels move the body. Two Wheels move the Soul

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: One week old, and my new baby vandalized!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »

Sorry to hear that.....you know that there are a lot of people outside that they are a$$h*^@#!! and pice of chit.....

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 01:59:50 PM »

I would like to catch someone doing that to anyones bike and be able to hold my 9mm in his ear until he peed his fricking pants! :soapbox:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »

If you did see this occurring in person, Crimson may not be too far off on his comment......with a lot of riders that do carry and see something like that happening you may find it necessary to protect yourself from someone with a knife ??  However, that will create a MUCH larger problem...
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:45 PM »

Barney,  

Very sorry to read your post.  We'd all be pissed off at this.  Three thoughts that were not mentioned above:  If you're ordering through your dealer, have them designate the part order as a "bike down."  This should expedite the process and worked for me when a shipping company damaged my SERG's inner fairing.  Next, find a dealer who will give you the 20% discount or at least negotiate with your dealer.  They should help you on the price.  Finally, your scratched fairing has value and you can sell it.... Just my $.02.  Good luck!

GK

PS:  good time to think of any mods requiring fairing removal!  

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

jettjocky

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 0/B 09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:32 PM »

I have a carry permit & as such usually do carry, I guess I'd better rethink carrying as if I would have seen him do it I really don't know if I could resist shooting him,    (of course I think I would just beat the cr*p out of him instead ) (at gun point),  WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE TODAY??????
10.5 SE pistons, roller rocker arms, Headquarters  575 cams, SE push rods. 100 HP. 119 lbs. torque Progressive F/R

10SE5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
    • CVO2: non CVO 2007 FXDWG Scorpion Blue/Scorpion Silver 109hp/111tq
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »

Call insurance company and have them come out and appraise it. They will write it up at full price for parts and labor. They will subtract your deductible and give you the rest. It will come out to more than the $200 you are coming up with. Your dealer should still give you the 15% off. Vandalism is not chargable to you. I would seriously look into it.
Fullsac X-Pipe, 2.0 baffles, TTS. Dyno tuned by Dave at JD's Cycle works. 96 HP/110 TQ

Harley Guy 5

• Full CVO Member
  • Hard Work will get you everything
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 04:10:12 PM »

You have parts and Labor for insurance,

But i'm thinking it was some kid that did this to your scooter,
I know how it feels to get someing new and have this kind of thing happen, IT's  a Bitch :-[ :jack:
2011 FLHTCUSE6
Do I Need To Say More
Aspen Classic Camp Trailer
Bushtec Turbo II
Looking Forward To Counting the White Lines

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 05:13:41 PM »

:furious2:
Barney.......Sorry to hear about your incident.  I lived for 20 yrs in Raleigh and am now retired and living at the beach,  (sunset beach).

I still have lots of friends and old neighbors in that area and will be riding up there on my SE Ultra once the weather again gets reasonable.  I would assume the azzhole causing your problem did so cause he couldn't afford a nice ride of his own......one never knows how these lowlives do what they do.

Can you identify the bar where it happened so I don't by chance go there myself.???

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »

Shouldn't have gotten rid of the SERG. Just kiddin, sorry for your headache!!!!

He's right, you know!   :carrot:

Seriously, sorry to hear that.  Tough way to break in a nice, new, sweet ride.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »

Man that goes beyond SUCKS! You can't fix stupid and some people are beyond stupid. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we would all have been arrested if we saw someone doing that to your bike or anyones bike. Sorry for your trouble. Good Luck maybe the part will come in sooner.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

RDWEAVER

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 06:50:32 PM »

Most places have security cameras on parking areas. Might be worth checking into somebody had to of seen this or heard about it. I feel your pain and hope you get some satisfaction.
RD

scottieb

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »

I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Like GregKhougaz said, don't let the dealer keep the old fairing, it does have value. I bet you will be able to sell it right here.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 08:04:32 PM »

1st off why not repair the damaged fairing ? You're talking a top notch shop that can color match ; a very small amount of fine body filler, sand,paint and color sand plus clear over paint work.

Beyond that we live in an age where the super rich flaunt their wealth in the faces of everyone. How many shows are there on the tube about people who have so much and are so arrogant. It's no wonder to me we've got people walking the streets with a chip on their shoulders who do stuff like key or in this case take a Buck to a new $40k H-D or those who simply take (steal) whatever it is they want. It would seem there is a whole generation (if not two) that have not been exposed to solid middle class people who get a yearn for something nice, work hard, save and finally aquire whatever it is they wanted. You certainly don't see a reality show about honest hard working middle class folks. Even the shows the feature the goings on in Sturgis, Daytona etc don't spend even one second of air time discussing how the average H-D owner aquires his bike.

Lastly, I am sorry for this. Sorry because of the way you felt when you discovered it. Sorry about how it makes you feel about people in general and sorry that as a society we've gotten to where something like this isn't an anomoly, it's fairly common. I hope you get everything worked out and somehow manage to hang onto your faith in - - -if not your fellow man, then at least your H-D brothers and sisters

B B

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 08:11:32 PM »

Well that just plain SUCKS!

Keep your head held high in knowing that somewhere,someway,somehow payback is going to be a bitch for that punk. Call it Karma or whatever you want but I'm guessing somebodies probably kickin his punk @#$ right now.

Best of luck!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.