Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: CVO Pet Peeve  (Read 15979 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: CVO Pet Peeve
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »

My peeve is having a fresh and total polish heading out on a day with 0% chance of rain and the bloke in the car ahead of you sprays windshield cleaner all over you. :confused5: :huepfenlol2:
That's right up there with getting a cig butt flicked into your face. I get right hostile when that happens.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Arwyn

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2011, 04:11:13 PM »

The cig butt is why I wear full face. Along with watching a buddy of mine capture a hornet with his face. :)

My personal peeve? Early mornings. Taffic is slow, and someone the a$$ goblin in front of you decides dumping his coffee out the window at 30 is somehow ok.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2011, 06:20:35 PM »

CVO Pet Peeve ?

. Now here is the clincher , he tells me " If you didn't want us to blow dirt on your bike, you shouldn't of rode it in today" .  I almost punched him right there, I swear to you I have never held myself back that hard. This world has changed a lot from the day of respect others.

If he did that to a couple of guys in our group, he would have been dropped.

We had all we could do to keep a guy from dropping a pool boy, because he placed some clothing on or near a trash can.
We had to explain that we did not have enough money to get out of jail. (took 3 of us)
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

gunlvr

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »

The cure for the leaf blower idiots, jerk on the bike who parked too close, bozo service manager and clowns who scratch, dent, or throw cigarette butts at your bike is simple. Whack em in the collar bones with a ball peen hammer. Complete satisifaction will be granted, just walk away before the cops get there, and have no witnesses.hahaha.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 02:00:37 PM »

Yesterday I got in a quick ride during the lunch hour and fearing rain later I headed to the house. And AGAIN the guy in the truck in front of me sprays the windshield cleaner. He knew I was there so it was on purpose to be mean or so ignorant and stupid that he never thought it would impact the biker. Either way he is a poor specimen of a human being.

Oh I could  have taken the bike to the office since it did not rain till after I got home. SOB it was a biggun! What a storm! Knoxville utilities had 60% of the total population out of power and up to a week to get everybody back on line

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »

good topic and funny thread. 
Sure is interesting hearing all the things that get your goat. 
I chock it all up to the riding experience. 
Life is too short and after all, they're just a motorcycle. 
enjoy the ride! 
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »

good topic and funny thread. 
Sure is interesting hearing all the things that get your goat. 
I chock it all up to the riding experience. 
Life is too short and after all, they're just a motorcycle. 
enjoy the ride! 
  Sooiee....agree 200% !

Leaf blowers, rain, service managers, other motorcyclists, windshield washer spray, bird poop, tar, stereo won't play, etc., etc.,..................are you sure you've got what it takes to ride a motorcycle?........mabey you should stick to the mini-van.......dress up in your leathers and watch 'Easy Rider' again.....?   Softtails?........again, just guessin'....... :P
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....
'91 FXRT.....113 S&S...6 speed

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011, 06:37:31 PM »

Yeah it's all real funny when it happens to someone else...   

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 07:28:19 AM »

Yeah it's all real funny when it happens to someone else...   
.....just a little insight for you, mrmagloo.......it happens to everyone at some time........it's part of the 'package'..... 8)
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »

Little insight back - you are certainly entitled to your laissez-faire attitude on the subject, but suggesting folks have to put up with strangers mounting their bikes, inconsiderate jackasses soiling and/or scratching them, or anyone otherwise them causing harm, purposely or not, somehow makes you a real biker is just retarded thinking. Imho, if you don't give a crap about your chit, that's your business, and it's fine with me, but please dispense with the manliness crap, OK?

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 11:22:22 AM »

Well on a more light hearted vein I hove found that some things are more humorous after a period of time. I do care if my bike gets dirty and there is an initial irritation but in the big scheme of life it's a small matter to be laughed at later. ;D

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 11:54:04 AM »

I have no pet peeves. My peeves cannot be domesticated.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 12:47:43 PM »

Well on a more light hearted vein I hove found that some things are more humorous after a period of time. I do care if my bike gets dirty and there is an initial irritation but in the big scheme of life it's a small matter to be laughed at later. ;D
Time always tends to dilute the severity of situations.  Failing memories help too!

lucille

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »

Little insight back - you are certainly entitled to your laissez-faire attitude on the subject, but suggesting folks have to put up with strangers mounting their bikes, inconsiderate jackasses soiling and/or scratching them, or anyone otherwise them causing harm, purposely or not, somehow makes you a real biker is just retarded thinking. Imho, if you don't give a crap about your chit, that's your business, and it's fine with me, but please dispense with the manliness crap, OK?.....

You make some interesting assumptions.........and they're funny too.... 8)
'92 FXRS Lowrider.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »

I have no pet peeves. My peeves cannot be domesticated.

Hey Jim?  Where do I find my peeve?  I really don't want any more pets.  But if I had one and didn't know it for darn sure wouldn't want a feral peeve.  So hope it could be domesticated.  I'm all for keeping the pets clean though.  Do my best to get the dog to stick his head out the window everytime the car in front uses its windshield washers as it's a free bath for the mutt and it's funny because the stupid dog can't figure out where the light rain shower is coming from. 

But back to the peeve....  If I had two (or more) would they be peeves or peevers or peevii or just a hell of a mess of peeve?  Am really worried about this now that you brought it up.  Concerned the ASPCP will show up and get me when I didn't even know I had them.  And if it's not a pet after all ain't no way some animal cop is going to do a short arm inspection to see if my peeve is ok (unless she's cute).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 20 queries.