Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: OCC Foreclosure  (Read 4131 times)

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
OCC Foreclosure
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:04:16 AM »

Well, our sensational friends in the media are falling for yet another ploy for ratings;
The following are two different news source quotes...

Just in case you needed further proof that the custom chopper craze is officially over, there’s word that Orange County Choppers, the Newburgh, NY custom bike builder is in foreclosure. Word is that the company defaulted on the July 2010 mortgage payment for their new (and over the top) headquarters, but a lawyer for OCC has a different perspective. The non-payment, it seems, was a strategic move to get the lender (GE Commercial Finance) to renegotiate the terms of the loan. When the new facility was built in 2007, it was valued at some $12 million; today, the property’s value has fallen to about $7.5 million.
The company has multiple loans with GE Commercial Finance, and their monthly nut for all loans is over $110,000. In the best of economic times, making that kind of payment would have been a stretch, but today that hardly seems possible. I’ve never been a fan of the prime time soap opera, and I’ve been critical of the rolling sculpture turned out by the Teutels on more than one occasion, but I wish them the best and hope they find a way to keep the doors open. Love them or hate them, OCC was the best thing to come along for Newburgh’s economy in a long, long time.

Orange County Choppers and GE Renegotiate Mortgage -- Trouble looming? Orange County Choppers in trouble? The company is trying to renegotiate mortgage. The company was founded by Paul Teutul, Sr. and Paul Teutul, Jr. in 1999.
Orange County Choppers has two mortgages through GE Commercial Finance Business Property Corp., one for $11 million and one for $1.5 million. The foreclosure action claims that the Choppers missed mortgage payments of approximately $96,400 and $14,000 due on July 1. The Choppers stopped making mortgage payments in order to put pressure on the lender to modify the terms of the loans.
Mahon said that when the headquarters was built in 2007, it was valued at about $12 million. Because of the economic downturn, the building is now worth between $7 million and $8 million, he estimated. "This is just a bump in the road," Mahon said. "We believe the parties will reach a resolution and the headquarters will continue in this location."
GE Commercial Finance spokesman John Oliver declined to answer questions about the suit, citing confidentiality. "We worked very hard to try to come up with a better outcome, but in the end we had to make a business decision based on our agreement, and we did," he said. The Orange County Industrial Development Agency is also named as a defendant in the action.

I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: OCC Foreclosure
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »

Deadbeats...
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:32:24 PM »

It will be a great day when they are gone.
Bill

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »

It will be a great day when they are gone.

Tell us how you really feel!
 :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:51:39 PM »

Don't watch the show.  Definintely can't stand Sr.  But one is probably safe to assume assets are protected separately.  So likely just a first step toward yet another recession induced Chapter 11 to restructure all costs.  In other words business as relatively usual today.

DOOFUS

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 01:58:22 PM »

Losers.  I hope it is physically, mentally and emotionally painful for them. Dirtbags, liars, opportunistic manipulators. I dealt with them on a military charity.  They are phony thru and thru.  May they rot in hell.  DOOFUS

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »

Senior was suing Jr for his share in the co. Jr might end up paying Sr to take them at this rate.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »

What, is there Gas & Oil on that property?  What am I missing?  12 Million for that?  Somebody "Watered the Stock."  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »

I don't feel one bit sorry for either Jr. or Sr.  I don't believe that forclosure is good for the lender either. No one wins
kb

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »

:alcohol: :zHole: :zstupid:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 07:06:39 PM »

Deadbeats...

I agree!!  Banks are in the business of lending money to those who agree to repay. Banks do not ever want what the borrower purchases with the money they just want the interest and principle repaid on time.

You can bet that GE Capital will go after Sr's personal properties and assets to get their money!!

So get ready for a auction!!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 11:42:52 AM »

GE can only go with what is collateralized and owned by the entity they loaned the money to.  I have no doubt even these morons had the common sense to set up various layers of LLC's to shield their assets.  It's advantageous to put the building as itself, then rent/lease it to another entity and keep compartmentalizing accordingly.

I would think GE is probably over a barrel or these jackasses wouldn't be pulling this stunt. You know they've got the $12M to pay it off, so they obviously think they are in a position to strong arm GE or they wouldn't risk it.  Unfortunatley, GE make a mistake and they are going to pay for it one way or the other. Either they renegotiate, or they get suck with a building that is probably worth way less than the $7 to $8M they are talking about.

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »

GE can only go with what is collateralized and owned by the entity they loaned the money to.  I have no doubt even these morons had the common sense to set up various layers of LLC's to shield their assets.  It's advantageous to put the building as itself, then rent/lease it to another entity and keep compartmentalizing accordingly.

I would think GE is probably over a barrel or these jackasses wouldn't be pulling this stunt. You know they've got the $12M to pay it off, so they obviously think they are in a position to strong arm GE or they wouldn't risk it.  Unfortunatley, GE make a mistake and they are going to pay for it one way or the other. Either they renegotiate, or they get suck with a building that is probably worth way less than the $7 to $8M they are talking about.

GE Capital is not very happy about being in the motorcycle business anymore, they went in it pretty deep; however they're not getting burned nearly as bad as all the loans they made to the restaurant business.  Also, when you borrow from GE Capital you sign personal guarantees, so GE will be going after their personal assets.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 01:39:59 PM »

I hope GE takes everything they can get from them.  I own some GE stock,  and my wife works for GE as a field auditor.
you'd be surprised how many businesses try hard not to pay back loans.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »

Also, when you borrow from GE Capital you sign personal guarantees, so GE will be going after their personal assets.
That might be a recent tactic, but I never did so. My building isn't worth near $12M, and they eventually sold off the note, but it's just under the LLC, and I rent the property back to myself (different LLC) and depreciate the whole thing - with no personal liability other than the accumulated appreciation at any given time.  When the economy comes back, I'll refinance it again to the hilt, pocket the money and start over again. Finance 101. Surely they can afford better accountants and attorney's than I can.

Either way, they will probably work it out before anything gets seized.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 20 queries.