Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: REDSHIFT 575 CAMS & OTHER PRETTY PARTS  (Read 80975 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: REDSHIFT 575 CAMS & OTHER PRETTY PARTS
« Reply #345 on: February 13, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »

Check out the Dealers tech area for Zippers they posted the 575 dyno for the 110 there.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,10775.0.html
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Rhino

« Reply #346 on: February 13, 2007, 08:49:03 PM »

HeY Harry,

After taking a look at the dyno numbers on the 110 for the 575, is it still an option, or is the curve too dramatic, while the top end looks lesser than a stock version after 4K or so.

Rhino

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #347 on: February 13, 2007, 09:24:13 PM »

Check out the Dealers tech area for Zippers they posted the 575 dyno for the 110 there.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,10775.0.html
That's not too bad of a dyno result.  The torque is up about 90 lbs at 2700, and really busts in between 3-3.5K  Peak horsepower comes in around 5.5K.   Those a nice numbers.  They used the Rhineharts on that run, so I would suspect that the torque would come in a little earlier with my Vance and Hines, and peak HP might be down a tad from that.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2007, 02:10:27 AM »

Ron,

If you were buying on numbers you would probably buy the FCC14, but you have to look at riding style in this case
If your looking just for low end grunt the 575 has the edge till 3800 rpm, some guys just don't go much above that.  Guys that want to play a bit more aggressively may choose the FCC for the 110 engine due to the run out of the cam.   They may or may not be playing catchup to the 575 depending if it is a rolling start or an off the line run.   Off the line its going to be more of a how much rpm are you going to have already there when you pop the clutch.  If you come out of the hole at 3500 rpm how much have you given up.... very little, but remember these are touring bikes not FXR's.  Torque gets em moving.

Comparing whats been posted:   1 post by a vendor and the other by a member.

Numbers of 115tq, 100hp on the 575 and 119tq, 108hp on the FCC 14.   There is a give away at the beginning on the FCC14 to the 575.  At 3000 rpm the 575's are at 105 and the FCC is 90 at 3500 its about 114 on the 575 and the FCC is about 112, at 4000 575 is about 113 and the FCC is about 119, but in the upper end say north of 4000 rpm the 575 is dropping off a lot more in torque than the FCC14 and the horsepower on the 575 just doesnt climb quite as high based on the dyno sheets posted.

The other thing that is not noted on the 575 is there is no fuel curve to go along with the dyno sheet so no idea if the motor could have been richened up more or not or what it was run at.   It would be a question for Kitz.   Overall, "I" think based on the information given that this is a toss up depending where your willing to give up a few whether its in low end grunt to start or overall torque or higher end horsepower and riding style. 

side note: Personally I am also interested in seeing what is delivered by Andrews here as they were supposed to announce a cam for the 110 at V-Twin show last week.  (anyone talk to them about it?)

What's interesting is in the 103 that we have seen 117/105 with the 575 and the 110 isn't pushing out quite as much.  It's another good question to ask Kitz about it, maybe he can help people understand the differences / perspectives based on head differences and throttle body differences. 

I think it is going to be interesting to see some more of these combinations dyno'd and get peoples opinions on the cams and maybe even a few will run the bikes together or swap em to get both sides opinions on likes / dislikes from the butt dyno.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2007, 08:53:55 PM »

Looks like it's from Woody's wallet!  There's a whole lot of wallet wear on that package!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] ;D

:nixweiss: :confused5: :o
WOODY

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2007, 07:42:40 PM »

Harry,
         What about the Mackie DM590G ? This is for what Beagle's asking about. Stock 05 103 with a Doherty Power PACC, Hooker True Duals and a PC. No head mods, just change the cam to ????? Freedom, Zipper or Mackie ?????

Thanks

B B

Rhino

« Reply #351 on: February 19, 2007, 08:26:29 PM »

Hey Dawg,

A few days have passed since your post on this topic.... Any word on the 110 cam options? I hear 575 is not a formal from Zippers yet. No News?, or maybe a newer surprise in the wings?

Rhino

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #352 on: February 19, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »

I have never seen the 590 used in a situation where the heads havent been worked thus I would have to say to talk to Mackie about it.   

Generally the flow of the stock heads on an 04/05 are poor and since they are I doubt you would be able to take advantage of the air flow that that cam (590) would really like to have.  The FCC and the Zippers are bolt in.  You would have to ping Mackie on how he feels about the 590 being used as a bolt in in this situation.   I have not yet seen anyone use it in a bolt in situation with no headwork.

My suggestion would be the Freedom due to your comment that your bro likes to run them top RPM's and the Zippers cam would probably bore him after 5000 rpm.  As you said he likes to use 5990 of that 6000 rpms.  Take a look at the dyno sheets posted and you will see the horsepower on the FCC carry out a bit further which should suite Beags well.
Lets face it if Beags was racing he would not be coming out to the hole at under 3000 rpm which would nullify and advantage given by the 575 and the fcc would give him a bit more on the top end in torque and hp using that as a guideline.   Day to day he would probably not notice much difference in the overall low end of the numbers.

If he plans on not being outdone then I would expect him to be doing some headwork and following in Alan's footsteps on that roadking I would say the 590 or the 630 will end up being his poison.   

The deciding factor is going to be headwork or not.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2007, 05:35:47 AM »

Red Devil he has toooo much pipe on that bike. If he restricts his exhaust a bit the TQ curve will come in much faster . His peak TQ might suffer a bit and his H/P WILL drop a few but the would perform at lower RPM's better. Now remember he is on a fat bot and not a dresser so don't let those numbers fool you.

That bike is over 200 lbs lighter and would blow your A$$ away on the short hop. JMHO

Be Safe

THE DAWG

The Dawg,

I realise my pipe is not the ideal pipe for my set up but for now I like the look & how it sounds & it is going very well. I will be running on the dyno with my V& H big shot staggered at some stage to compare them, but first I want to see if my bigger 48.5mm TB changes things. Also considering the new V & H 2 into 1 big radius when it is released next month.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2007, 08:58:16 AM »

Spiderman any cams out there not specicfully made for the CVO CC chamber you should stay away from. PERIOD!!!!!!!

The problem with the CVO heads are the CC chambers and the very low compression. The Zippers and FCC cams are designed to make the motor think it has a higher compression ratio. Hence they work!!!!! They add more lift and change the valve opening and closing events.

If you are going to do head work. Zippers Red Shift TC 647's or S&S 640's. You want as much lift as you can get for that motor. Don't forget to add a 50mm throttle body.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »

Just to clarify.....getting ready to do the 575 gear drive on my 06 SEUC.  Case clearance appears essential, but what about crank runout and rockerbox clearance.  Opinions seem to vary on the 06s.   Thanks!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #356 on: January 26, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »

Just to clarify.....getting ready to do the 575 gear drive on my 06 SEUC.  Case clearance appears essential, but what about crank runout and rockerbox clearance.  Opinions seem to vary on the 06s.   Thanks!

I only remember two that had to gain a little case clearance for the 575s.  I count mine among them even though I can't say with certainty it was required.  It was just so very very close I couldn't not do it.

Runout issues seem to crop up with the changes after the 06 model year.  Though it's simple to check and can't hurt to do so.  Rocker box clearance issues were commonly with the following year also.  Though if you're making the change to rollers while doing the other work you'll very likely have some grinding to do.  Again, easy enough to check for and do a little clearancing if need be.

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #357 on: January 26, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »

Been doing a lot of research on cams for this 110's. From what I have found out these motors need a lot of lift and a little less duration than you would think, @ 244 ( no more ) will work the best on a mild build and very few mods due to the design of the combustion chamber, compression, port design and air flow. If you don't do some headwork, up the compression by changing pistons and few other mods, you will not get a good power band from low end torque @ 2000 to good pulling power to 6000. A so called bolt in cam moderate lift and no other mods will be disappointing. It will only move your torque curve up to come in later and that's not what you want for these 110's in heavy bikes.  ( unless your looking for big high end power at higher RPM's ) And then you will need more mods to ensure they will hold up at these higher RPM's. If you are serious about changing cams for more torque and a longer power band, then I highly recommend upping your compression to @ 10.1 to 10.5 by changing pistons, do some cleanup work on your heads at the least, add a 51mm TB, good 2 & 1 exhaust ( D & D ), Hi Flow air filter goes without saying and then you can go with a good lift cam. A 625 lift 244 duration with @ 44 overlap would be and excellent choice !! This will work with your stock heads, after changing valve springs ! I'm sure there are good builders like Cycle-Rama or T-Man Performance that offer these cams.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #358 on: January 27, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »

To my knowledge ( I may be wrong) there are only 2 companies out there with specific cam grinds for the CVO combustion chamber.

Freedom Cycles and my favorite Zippers. I have seen the Red Shift 575's in action. They work and work well. I for one am not much on DYNO NUMBERS. They can be fudged by anyone. I know Dan over at Zippers DOES NOT play the number game.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #359 on: January 27, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »

Wes Brown , CycleRama makes cams specifically for a 110. So do others. I use his CR 595 and it makes over 100 ft-lbs at 2000 RPM, climbs to 126.2 at peak, and never drops below 100 up to redline, with 9.8:1 CR. The flow characteristics required a much larger TB (62 mm) and a large exhaust (Performance FatCats). But this thing pulls like a mutha'! A larger lift cam causes more wear and tear on the valvetrain. There are good options and compromises out there. I'd think hard about using high lift cams on long mileage touring engines. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Page created in 1.566 seconds with 21 queries.