Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2003 FLHRSEI2 SEAT  (Read 3069 times)

bow1340

2003 FLHRSEI2 SEAT
« on: July 18, 2003, 01:40:15 AM »

Hello 2003 FLHRSEI2 owners,

I wonder if you could help me with a quick question.  I have the opportunity to buy a 2003 FLHRSEI2 seat for use on my Road King Classic and was wondering if you feel it is a comfortable seat.  Have most of you kept them or made the trade to Corbin, Mustang, etc?  I was thinking of a Mustang or Harley Sundowner seat when I saw the SE seat and fell in love, but comfort is important as I take several 1000+ mile trips per year.  Positive or negative feedback from passengers?  Do you know if a mustang backrest will work with this seat?   Thanks so much, Bow

dickie

Re: 2003 FLHRSEI2 SEAT
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 02:40:08 PM »

I've had my '03 S.E. R.K. for almost 8 months now, and I am very pleased with the stock seat it came with. It is actually more comfortable than a Mustang seat on a 98 Road King I recently sold. I also purchased a Badlander seat H-D Part #53311-03 mainly for a lower profile look for short trips, and it turned out be very comfortable! I sit further back and can stretch my legs out more.

RP

stihlone

• if you cant cut one then stihlone
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 09:34:08 PM »

FIRST OF ALL THE DASH IS DIFFERENT,,,,GO TO CORBIN .COM FOR THE PART NUMBER OR A PARTS PERSON A YOUR HD...........I HAVE TRIED A CORBIN ELECTRIC SEAT ON MY SE AND LIKE THE WAY IT SETS AND FEELS BUT THE SE SEAT IS VERY SHARP...THE BEST ALL AROUND SEAT IS THE STOCK SEAT IN MY OPINION
BUT WE ALL KNOW ABOUT OPINIONS SINCE WE ARE SPEAKING OF OUR ASS ANY WAY...ALSO A PIC IS POSIBLE IF ANY ONE WISHS
2003 ROADKING SE,,BASSANI,SE MUFFLERS,POWER COMMANDER w,SE AIR CLEANER,
2005 BANANA SCOOTER calibers and rhineharts power commander w/freedom mapp, 2007 KZ TOY HAULER,2006CHEV SILVERADO 3500  DURAMAX AND A DOG NAMED JACK...JACK DIED,,,GOT RUN OVER BY A DAMN COW TRAILER

Shadow

• Harleys Rule!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 11:04:18 PM »

bow1340,

I have put about 3000 miles on my '03 SERK since I bought it back in August of last year.  I have no complaints with the seat.  It is very comfortable and I plan to keep it.  I have no intentions of replacing with an aftermarket seat.  I bought a Corbin gel seat for my '96 FXDL and never was happy with it.  My butt killed me after about an hour of riding.  I would definitely take the stock '03 SERK seat over a Corbin any day of the week.  I have been on a 6-7 hour ride with the seat with very little discomfort.

My two cents,
'03 FLHRSEI2
Hooker Slip-ons
SE EFI Chip Upgrade
SE High Flow Air Kit
Kuryakyn Switchblade Highway Footpegs
Kuryakyn Longhorn Offsets
Passenger Chrome Footboards
Chopped Tour-Pak w/ Quick R

Skooby

• Full CVO Member
  • Have you kicked your tires lately?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 11:45:58 PM »

I tried to make a 875 mile trip in 1 day.  Needless to say,  I only went 650.  I had a case of sore azz!  In my opinion..hehehe... I'm looking forward to a custom seat!  (_x_)  :o
'03 FLHRSEI2

Jim

• Full CVO Member
  • One Day At A Time
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 10:37:28 AM »

Still looking for some input on seat selection for my bike. it seams like if you ask 6 people what seat is best you get six different answers. Our bikes have been on the road for over 2 years now and I would be interested in hearing what seats you have been using and you opinion. I would especially like some input about passenger comfor (Yes, I mean my wife, she's the one having a problem with the stock se seat) . Thanks in advance, Jim
SE A/f
SE Mufflers
SE Race Tuner

Glave

• Full CVO Member
  • There is no substition for Cubic Inches!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 01:05:54 PM »

I would especially like some input about passenger comfor (Yes, I mean my wife, she's the one having a problem with the stock se seat) . Thanks in advance, Jim

I put a mustang touring seat on my '02 SERK.  Did this mainly for a lont trip with the wofe as she was complaining that the new bike was not as comfortable as our '97 Ultra.  Well about 3/4 months after putting on the mustang me and bud took a ride to the races and I decided I wanted show off the sotck seat (has the stingray cover).  Well got back that day, put the stock seat BACK in the mustang box, put mustang back on and never looked back.  I don't think you know what your missing till you've tried one.  Just my 2 pennies.  BTW had a local appolsterer put the stingray into my mustang.  Very cool indeed.
'02 FLHRSEI,  Thunder Header,K&N Highflow  Air, Power Commander III

Sir_Nuke

• I ride it like I stole it!!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 08:25:19 PM »

I thought my stock seat was just fine untill I took my first long ride.....after the first 150 miles the seam in the seat felt like a knife cutting into my legs.....I yanked that sucker off the second I got home and I ran across a brand new seat off of an Ultra Classic and put it on....fits fine....and the wife likes the back of this one better anyway...more cushion. I find it much more comfy for the long rides...which is what we tend to do more often than not.
'03' SERK, SE slip-ons, Stage 1 air cleaner, King Tour Pak, and an honest to goodness HD Quick Detachable Batwing Fairing.

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2004, 11:59:01 PM »

I put just over 20,000 miles on my seat before I had to get rid of the bike (don't ask), several of these were 800+ miles. Anyway, I loved it, especially since I had Back surgery back in 1981. I'm very picky about the seats I use, and the way this backrest was and how low the seat was really helped. My wife on the other hand hated it. I kept a spare ultra seat whenever she was along for a long ride (200 miles or more), I'd swap it out. While it was great for her, I sat way higher, and my back would get sore after a couple hundred miles. I'd have to get off the bike and stretch more offten. She on the otherhand was great with the damn ultra couch. Go figure [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. Hope this helps to add to your confusion. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 20 queries.