Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Rear suspension  (Read 4043 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Rear suspension
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 04:36:28 PM »

I surely hope so. The mountain roads in Korea are great for all out performance runs and testing new suspensions.

:worthless: :worthless:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »

Remember our last PM. I'm getting old but will be sure to back up my claims with pics.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 05:15:48 PM »

Remember our last PM. I'm getting old but will be sure to back up my claims with pics.

Oh yea.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Rogzy

• Rogzy
  • Full CVO Member
Rear suspension
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 05:33:43 PM »

Not yet Skillet. Still waiting for it. I am thinking of changing the rear suspension to progressive anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Four Wheels move the body. Two Wheels move the Soul

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 05:40:38 PM »

I have the Progressive 940's and monotubes on the front on my 08 RK and its handles great. I am anxious to ride my new SESG and test the new shocks. Hopefully I won't be spending on suspension.

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »

HD is working towards mono shock.  Now the Sport Bikes put one good adjustable shock right in the middle & at the swing arm, it works.   HD, in their attempt to save design & manufacturing money is getting you use to only one shock actually working, then for next year they will just leave off the other one.

Kinda like the 2 into 1 into 1 muffler they tried

:nixweiss:
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

jcd520

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 12:53:19 PM »

I was convinced I was going to replace the stock suspension immediately when I got my bike , both front and rear with a "Traxxion Dynamics " kit. I crossed that off my mod list pretty quick after I got the bike and put some miles on it. I must say HD did a good job with these shocks and forks. Best I ever saw on a stock Harley and I am really liking them on this bike so far. Fact is there were a lot of things I was going to do to this bike that I crossed off the list after I rode it.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 03:15:45 PM »

JCD...I'm right there with ya'! Got the bike 26 Aug and put 6K on her before I deployed on 25 Oct...the suspension is the best performing stock suspension I've ever ridden on a Harley!

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 08:22:55 PM »

JCD and DOC, real happy to hear that on the suspension. We have too many mountain curves over here not to have a great handling bike. And I have pics to prove it, just got to get them posted.

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 02:29:47 AM »

I'm finding that the rear suspension set up is a little to soft and the rear end bottoms out quiet a lot, I wound the knob up all the way and still it bottoms out on the real harsh bumps and there are plenty of em here in Oz.
I'll pull the right bag and check the spring preload on mine now that you have alerted me to it.
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

jcd520

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »

I'm finding that the rear suspension set up is a little to soft and the rear end bottoms out quiet a lot, I wound the knob up all the way and still it bottoms out on the real harsh bumps and there are plenty of em here in Oz.
I'll pull the right bag and check the spring preload on mine now that you have alerted me to it.

You have a problem if you have it turned up all the way and it still bottoms unless you weigh ----------well never mind. Anyway these new shocks are awsome and there are many posts on this site proclaiming their performance . Something is amiss with yours I am afraid.

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »

Thanks JC, 110 kilos for me and 60 sumthin for the lady and some gear packed into the bags and I find it bottoming out, maybe just the harsh road conditions we have or you might be correct and something may be amiss. It would be nice if we could get our Manuals with our CVO's so we could set the thing up properly.
So far so good

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 10:50:25 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with jcd.....sounds like there's a problem.

I'm 220 lbs. and even when I have my bike fully loaded for the out of state rides, I've never bottomed out, not even hitting huge pot holes.  And I rode my bike for several weeks with the setting at 0.......it still didn't bottom out.

You might want to have it checked at your dealership. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 11:23:03 PM »

Thanks for the heads up fellas, I will have the dealership look at this when it goes in for it's 8,000km service next week.

Has any one had any probems whith indicaters not cancelling after negoitiating a street corner?

JT
So far so good

Rogzy

• Rogzy
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »

Got the bike back from the dealer's  :pepper:
I am still waiting to try it on Friday to see how it is.
Technician told me that something was wrong with a rubbery part that caused metal on metal sound  :nixweiss:
We'll see when I ride it and will keep you posted  :orange:
Four Wheels move the body. Two Wheels move the Soul
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 24 queries.