Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Button  (Read 9646 times)

gator

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Bu
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2006, 11:36:31 AM »

Been looking into adding the ride-str8 to my black & slate. Spoke to the dealer regarding the "wobble" at 90mph and over and told them of this ride str8 that keeps the swing arm and trans from moving left to right only up and down with the rubber mounts. He states that if there was a breakdown and the cause was determined to be from the rubber mounts not working as desinged by HD there could be warrenty issues. Could adding ride str8 effect the warrenty???

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2006, 12:36:27 PM »

Been looking into adding the ride-str8 to my black & slate. Spoke to the dealer regarding the "wobble" at 90mph and over and told them of this ride str8 that keeps the swing arm and trans from moving left to right only up and down with the rubber mounts. He states that if there was a breakdown and the cause was determined to be from the rubber mounts not working as desinged by HD there could be warrenty issues. Could adding ride str8 effect the warrenty???

Mine was on when the dealer replaced my front motor mount, they said it helped when they were aligning the motor afterwards, the mech wanted to know where to get one for his......

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2006, 01:21:46 PM »

It makes a guy wonder what in the heck these dealers are thinking.  The MoCo certainly has them terrified of the warranty process.  Seems like if you wash the thing the electricals may not be warranted since they were exposed to water.

JCHAROS

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »

read my post earlier true trac worked great for me call will and speak to him
A GOAL WITHOUT  A PLAN IS NOTHING BUT A DREAM

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2006, 04:15:15 PM »

Mine was on when the dealer replaced my front motor mount, they said it helped when they were aligning the motor afterwards, the mech wanted to know where to get one for his......

Mike, how many miles when the front motor mount replaced?  What symptoms did you have?  Thanks!  Jerry  [smiley=banana.gif]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 04:15:40 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2006, 04:21:21 PM »

Mike, how many miles when the front motor mount replaced?  What symptoms did you have?  Thanks!  Jerry  [smiley=banana.gif]

Bout 10K or so, no symptoms was just lookin at it while doing maintenance on the bike and saw it was torn......got a little over 15K on it now and it's in gettin a pretty major inner primary leak fixed, with a chrome inner and automatic adjuster while their at it.  Was easy to see this leak, went out to the bike and there was a quart of oil on the garage floor..... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2006, 09:05:44 AM »

I had to replace front motor mount at 2k...noticed a lot of extra shake in it.
Was checking under bike and saw big rip in rubber mount.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2006, 01:16:37 PM »

After the weekend trip with the Ocean to Ocean group, riding two up, and hitting speeds up to 90MPH on a couple of occasions, and 80MPH fairly often (not with them, but later, after leaving the group), I report no problems with wobble.  However, I do notice how this bike is effected by turbulent air, cross wind gusts, etc.  The fork mounted fairing is the culprit for that.  I was running 40 PSI in the rear tire, 15PSI in the shocks...I weigh about 180 and the GF is about 115.  The only time I felt a little "wiggle" was taking a left handed sweeper on an interstate "ramp" changing from I-20 to I-75 in Atlanta...it's a pretty tight curve...was probably going about 65 and noticed a little "shiver", but it felt like it was related to the suspension.  Maybe one up will be different...I'll soon find out, I'm sure.  I did remove the little smoked "wings" that are attached with three thumbscrews on each side of the fairing...seems to improve the aerodynamics considerably.  I'm sure they'll be nice in cooler weather, but for now they're staying off.  A little thing like that made a big difference in how the bike felt at speed, IMO.

Honestly, I am shocked at how well such a large bike handles, at all speeds.  The only time I get nervous is when I'm about to stop...the beast is heavy!!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2006, 02:48:12 PM »

TC,

One tip......keep as little weight in or on the tour pack as possible. The added weight has a tendency to make things feel top heavy.

Fatboy

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2006, 05:45:04 PM »

Thanks FB...When I packed the bike, I tried to keep that in mind, putting the heavier clothes, jackets, tools, etc down in the bags, and put the rainsuits, hats for the helmet hair syndrome, etc in the tour pack.  Space wasn't really an issue for that trip as it was just an overnighter, but I can see I'm going to have to get some more compact, yet effective, rain suits, as the ones I have now (leftovers from hiking/fishing) are more bulky, even though light, and eat up a lot of space in the TP.

TTS Mastertune

Pap

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »

Logged a few hundred miles on my Haze this weekend and NO WOBBLE.  Finally got my wife on it and she loves it.  Previous ride was a 2002 Road King Classic and she was squirmin' after 50 miles even with the HD Sundowner Seat. [smiley=banana.gif]
There are risks and costs to a program of action.  But they are far less than the long range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 06:14:14 PM »

That's some good news Pap!!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  And my GF likes it back there too...calls it her "Throne"  ;)  After 400 miles Saturday, my butt was doing fine, as was hers, so no complaints so far with the seating arrangements.  It's a fine ride!!

TTS Mastertune

need4speed

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2006, 11:07:42 AM »

My 06 starts to wobbles around 75 to 80. My 03 doesnt start wobbles until 100. What can be done to fix this. I typically ride 80-95 range on trips. This bike will not be going on trips. I will take the 03.
11 SE Street Glide Black/Crimson
10 SE Ultra the Black one #991
2 - 06 Destroyers

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »

There's a bunch of things to check from what I've read on here...if you've still got those little wings on the fairing, that's a place to start...it makes a differerence. Steering head bearing tightness/looseness is another likely culprit. Also, making sure the air pressure in tires and shocks is correct.  It' really a safety issue...have you spoken to your dealer about it?

TTS Mastertune

Hawgwash

• Junior CVO Member
  • Wife called it male menopause ... Whatever.
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2006, 11:40:02 AM »

I'ne been reading this thread. It's very interesting. I'll just say I ride in the 80-90 mph range alot and have absolutely no problems with wobble - with & without 2-up. I live on the coast where we get alot of gusty wind which does, as I would expect, affect any bike. A little more so on the SEUC because of more surface area. I've only had it up to 110 on a straight road and had no problem. I check my tires & rear suspension pressures about weekly. I love the way it rides. I find I have a giant  ;D on my face after every ride.
06 SEUC, SE 2:1 Pipes, SEAC, SERT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.