Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Button  (Read 9612 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Bu
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »

:o Is this something True-Track was designed for :nixweiss:
True-Track and Ride-Str8 devices were designed to reduce rear steer, which is a result of the combination of rubber mounting of the powertrain and swing arm pivot along with flexing of the swing arm itself.  If the "wobble" you feel is in fact rear steer, then yes, those devices will help.

A true speed wobble, resulting in rapid side-to-side oscillation of the bars (tank slapper), is normally more front end related.  A True-Track or Ride-Str8 would have little or no affect on a front end induced wobble.  The E-Glide front end, with extremely steep rake angle and excessive trail, is not the most stable setup for high speeds.  It was designed the way it is (27 years ago) to improve low speed handling, back when 100 mph was but a dream on a stock bike.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

charlie

Re: SE Wobble, Windshield, Tour-Pak, Seat, Fuel Button
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »

I know this is a old post but, i have a 06 cvo and have know  issue with wabble i put the 12inch windshild on i keep the tire presure at 40psi and have know wabble at any speed. and hopefuly after writeing this it will still be that way.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.