Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56694 times)

EvenFlo

Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

Well, got bad news for everyone.  After going thru 3 amps (original part#) the new replacement amp (new part#) finally came in.  The new amp is just as big a POS as the original ones.  No improvement at all.  Still dropping a code indicating a bad amp.  Instead of the left side speakers dropping out, now the right side drops out and has all the same symptoms.  Dealer doesn't have any answers and has suggested that i write HD and complain. 

Moral of the story.....Don't get your hopes up with the new replacement amp.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2011, 01:10:45 PM »

Well, got bad news for everyone.  After going thru 3 amps (original part#) the new replacement amp (new part#) finally came in.  The new amp is just as big a POS as the original ones.  No improvement at all.  Still dropping a code indicating a bad amp.  Instead of the left side speakers dropping out, now the right side drops out and has all the same symptoms.  Dealer doesn't have any answers and has suggested that i write HD and complain. 

Moral of the story.....Don't get your hopes up with the new replacement amp.

If you read this thread you can see what i have been saying which is what you just said.

I take my ride in tomorrow and will be picking it up on Tuesday night. So far 8 visits for this problem.

rodgersd

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2011, 09:39:36 PM »

hi guys, i have had my amp drop out a couple of times but only for a split second so i'm waiting for it to quit working before doing something about it. Has anyone inspected the actual connector from the amp? is it possible pin connetors can bend slightly and cause intermittent connection, this has happened to me once with a car ecu & female connector  was splayed open too far, had to close it a little with small flat blade screw driver. if it was possible for this to happen it would explain the guys with multiple amp replacements having the same problem. i have not yet viewed one of these connectors to test if this theory is possible. hope we can get to the bottom of this frustrating problem.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »

hi guys, i have had my amp drop out a couple of times but only for a split second so i'm waiting for it to quit working before doing something about it. Has anyone inspected the actual connector from the amp? is it possible pin connetors can bend slightly and cause intermittent connection, this has happened to me once with a car ecu & female connector  was splayed open too far, had to close it a little with small flat blade screw driver. if it was possible for this to happen it would explain the guys with multiple amp replacements having the same problem. i have not yet viewed one of these connectors to test if this theory is possible. hope we can get to the bottom of this frustrating problem.

The cutting in and out will start getting worst as time goes on till it finally quits working. When you turn off the radio it will come back on after it cools down. If it was the connectors they would not be replacing the amps and in my case keep asking me to bring it the bike back. They are hoping to fine something minor than to replace the amp.

Take it back ASAP and keep a paper trail of all visits and what they find. By not going back and doing nothing is wrong. The more of us that report this defect the quicker HD will realize they have a problem.

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2011, 10:25:43 AM »

I just had mine replaced at 10,000...after having a CB installed 2011 SESG....  Does anyone know what the issue is with the Amp itself?? Why is it failing so much
2018 CVO StreetGlide

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:31 PM »

I just had mine replaced at 10,000...after having a CB installed 2011 SESG....  Does anyone know what the issue is with the Amp itself?? Why is it failing so much

Maybe because it says MADE IN CHINA on it. :nixweiss:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »

If you read this thread you can see what i have been saying which is what you just said.

I take my ride in tomorrow and will be picking it up on Tuesday night. So far 8 visits for this problem.

Well I dropped her off and had a 20 min. discusion with the mechanic. Nice guy and he feels my pain......hopfully this will be the final and last time the bike is analyzed and repaired for this problem........I am not holding my breath though. One of the things they talked about is that the navigation could be causing this problem.....I said no way only because of the symptoms.....we will see what they come up with tomorrow.

Just wondering though who is having problems with there amp and do you have nav. or not?

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »

Picked mine up with the new amp and put about 100 miles on it.  Nice to have the tunes back.  I'm hoping it doesn't shut itself off again.

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2011, 05:48:11 AM »

With stereo's they need to check all the wiring, power and grounds to really find out the issue.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2011, 07:54:27 AM »

Well I dropped her off and had a 20 min. discusion with the mechanic. Nice guy and he feels my pain......hopfully this will be the final and last time the bike is analyzed and repaired for this problem........I am not holding my breath though. One of the things they talked about is that the navigation could be causing this problem.....I said no way only because of the symptoms.....we will see what they come up with tomorrow.

Just wondering though who is having problems with there amp and do you have nav. or not?
Mano,
No NAV! Original amp failed. New one being installed tomorrow morning. We'll see.

I'll see if my local HD delaer has any thoughts.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2011, 08:42:25 PM »

Mano,
No NAV! Original amp failed. New one being installed tomorrow morning. We'll see.

I'll see if my local HD delaer has any thoughts.

Thanks for the info. willy.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »

So I picked up my ride today and i was told that they believe the the head unit/radio is no good. :nixweiss:

They had another bike beside my and they by passed the head unit and ran the rest of my system. It did not fail. I will have to wait about a week and i will be taking her in for the replacement.

Hopfully this is the problem and this will be the last of this but something is telling me................not. :-\

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »

So far after 9 visits for the same problem this is what has been done.

1) All connections, plugs, pins and ground have been inspected and checked-ok.
2) Ipod sent to an Apple store and inspected and tested-ok.
3) Wiring harness from Ipod to where it connects by the right side of the rear fender replaced. Original was ok.
4) Amp. replaced.
5) All speakers and tweeters inspected and tested-ok.

Next week the head unit/radio will be replaced.

I will update when the new unit goes in.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »

I had my NEW amp installed this morning at St. Charles Harley Davidson. Took less than 45 minutes and that included them cleaning my bike. Wow, Fast!!!

On the way back home, about 45 minutes, I stopped for gas. When I started the bike back up NO SOUND!!!! Turned bike back off, turned it back on (did not try starting), turned off radio, turned on radio and believe it or not SOUND....

Stopped for lunch, about 20 minutes later. When I started the bike NO SOUND!!! On/off again SOUND.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like either an amp issue our a head unit issue. I'm going to ride it for a week and see how fast it completely fails.

I'm so happy right now. >:(
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

samule

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2011, 08:35:06 PM »

Mine started cutting out a couple of months ago. I was reading on here about the problems and armed with info when I took mine to the dealer for an amp. Three months later after swapping the head unit, the amp, all new pins and speakers we thought we had a fix, New and improved amp with the new part number. They called and said the amp was in it should take less than an hour to install. I got there this morning and they had me walk into the office where a MoCo rep was there. She had just left a dealer where they had put the new amp in and within a week it was cutting out just like before. According to her the amp is not fixing the problem. They are suggesting dealers  not waste their and the customers time installing the new and improved amps. Complaints are filed with customer service of the MoCo. The response of the rep and the dealer is  " we know it is a problem , but dont have a solution".  I have 6500 miles now. It doesnt do it if I keep the volume at 1/2 or sometimes 3/4. It does it on all modes, no discrimination. I will just listen 'softly' for now

Sammy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.