Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56689 times)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »

So far after 9 visits for the same problem this is what has been done.

1) All connections, plugs, pins and ground have been inspected and checked-ok.
2) Ipod sent to an Apple store and inspected and tested-ok.
3) Wiring harness from Ipod to where it connects by the right side of the rear fender replaced. Original was ok.
4) Amp. replaced.
5) All speakers and tweeters inspected and tested-ok.

Next week the head unit/radio will be replaced.

I will update when the new unit goes in.
Manolis just play some Greek music and the Bazookia will chase all the Gremlins away  :2vrolijk_21:  OOPA  :bananarock:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

Manolis just play some Greek music and the Bazookia will chase all the Gremlins away  :2vrolijk_21:  OOPA  :bananarock:

16GB of music and 11 GB is Greek.......I think that's what did it in....lol.

nbomar

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »

So mine only cuts out in auxiliary mode or iPod mode. Fm doesn't cut out no matter how loud I turn it... Ideas?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2011, 11:48:53 PM »

So mine only cuts out in auxiliary mode or iPod mode. Fm doesn't cut out no matter how loud I turn it... Ideas?

---

i don't have a CVO but a 10 limited. i did the boom audio  system last year bout this time. lately  it has issues.   it will only only turn up the violume up till bout the halfway point. then al that happens is the bars move to the right and no extra volume.. this is the  boom audio tha thas  the faring  speakers and the rear sppeakeers plus the holes drilled in the  tour pack witha  amp under the tour pak..   it used to have lots of volume but now its  still somewhat loud but not anything like it was. also the thing will want to kinda distort or  even cut in and out real fast. anyway not sure if this systme is or has any of the junk  that is on the cvo bikes or not?   
also does customer service have a 800 ##
thanks

happy

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2011, 11:36:32 AM »

---

Ya...just give it some time and it will be doing it all the time. I believe the internal parts just start to get weaker the more you use it.

Mine will only stay on for about 2 min. now. Turn it off...wait about an hour then it cuts out again.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »

Ya...just give it some time and it will be doing it all the time. I believe the internal parts just start to get weaker the more you use it.

Mine will only stay on for about 2 min. now. Turn it off...wait about an hour then it cuts out again.

It will stop working all together shortly....Mine went out in Sturgis ...same symptoms

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2011, 12:37:39 PM »

It will stop working all together shortly....Mine went out in Sturgis ...same symptoms

its a same the cost of this setupa nd junk quality..    rode it this morning for a little 120 mile run .   get the volume to halfway and that is all the louder it goes   the bars you can see move to the right but no more volume after mid point..     wonder if the   handle  bar control  puked?            the extra volume is nice when the wind is strong and ya want to listen to something besides wind noise. .     my dealer  ordered a volume control and the lever as he says they are not easy to change without  screwing um up  we will see.  think i will find out late next week if indeed that is the fix.   

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2011, 12:25:45 AM »

Same problem as most posts here.  At around 13,000 miles, left channel started to fade in and out, cutting off completely when pushed past half volume.  After half volume, my "Not So Boom" cell phone sounds better than the Boom Sound System.  Taking it in on Tuesday, with a copy of this forum.

On a positive note, just did 4,500 miles to Sturgis, and the bike purred the whole way, never really had to down shift to pass.  It ran flawlessly, but for the aforementioned problem above, which was liveable as compared to breaking down in the middle of nowhere.

Typically, I would write the amp off as a light bulb -- it could last for years are blow out tomorrow -- that is just how electronics are -- at least that is what my father taught me, and he was a TV repairman with an ultimate set of tools (and no that is not a joke). 

Thank you all for providing a valuable service to your fellow human being.
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »

BTW:  The left fairing speaker has cut out all the way, and the fading is just in the lower left speaker.  Its not your volume control.  Its the amp or the head unit, but either way, there is no doubt that this a major problem which I will be monitoring very closely and keep you all informed -- trust me, I'm the government.  j/k
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2011, 08:04:19 AM »

Really too bad that HK can't get these systems right.  After 5 years in these bikes, they should have the problems all figured out by now.  :nixweiss:

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »

BTW:  The left fairing speaker has cut out all the way, and the fading is just in the lower left speaker.  Its not your volume control.  Its the amp or the head unit, but either way, there is no doubt that this a major problem which I will be monitoring very closely and keep you all informed -- trust me, I'm the government.  j/k

What is the head unit??   i do know my radio was replaced early last fall also  ot sure its workig right either.
the volume just shut down  a couple times all the wa,y but has never done  since.  my original radio had a volume issue a lot before we got in a new radio..     the volume was going wide open or shutting all the down  and it could also be anywhere in begtween.    so far this radio is or has only screwed  three times.  am going to tell the dealship  so they can make a note or standing ro onit so i may ge twarrantty if it pukes again too.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »

i don't have a CVO but a 10 limited. i did the boom audio  system last year bout this time. lately  it has issues.   it will only only turn up the violume up till bout the halfway point. then al that happens is the bars move to the right and no extra volume.. this is the  boom audio tha thas  the faring  speakers and the rear sppeakeers plus the holes drilled in the  tour pack witha  amp under the tour pak..   it used to have lots of volume but now its  still somewhat loud but not anything like it was. also the thing will want to kinda distort or  even cut in and out real fast. anyway not sure if this systme is or has any of the junk  that is on the cvo bikes or not?   
also does customer service have a 800 ##
thanks

happy
Happyman,

HD Customer Service: 800-258-2464
Ann S. "Customer Service Direct Line": 414-343-4056
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »

thanks  for info..
 the lady at  customer service, told me she was not aware of any issues with the boom audio systme  we purchase separately for our  bikes. she did say  they do have, or have had issues with the navagation interface volume module puking. i called the dealer bout  that part and there is a part  # change,  i got my system bout this time last year. i have not seen any issues with that part of it yet.    i do have the  665 gps and rest of system that lets it cut in on the radio to tell direction.   anyway so far so good. 
also stated there is only a  90 day warranty on this system.  for all that money  spent that suystem should last a lifetime.  but then ya got to use quality parts and not use slave labor. that  would prolly fix  it.
happyman 

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:16 AM »

When mine went out, I asked them to not replace it with the same POS amp.

It came in with a new part # (I didn't write it down)  and so far so good but it is too early to tell for sure.  MTF

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »

so  what amp did you use.  a harley one with differant part # or another brand?  that is what i may do if they want to charge me.   a 90 day warranty  is pure and simple  BS. for all the money spent on a system  that is known junk.
the radio's and this  boom audio  should be a replacement no matter how many  months it takes to get it right.       
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 25 queries.