Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56688 times)

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2011, 07:55:41 AM »

Well my amp finally failed. I brought it in and they are also replacing the speaker grills since they are fading/scaling. Unfortunately all the parts are on backorder and they have no ETA when they will arrive.

Welcome to the club.  Waiting 2 weeks for me and am still 4 th in line

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2011, 11:10:11 AM »

So far after 9 visits for the same problem this is what has been done.

1) All connections, plugs, pins and ground have been inspected and checked-ok.
2) Ipod sent to an Apple store and inspected and tested-ok.
3) Wiring harness from Ipod to where it connects by the right side of the rear fender replaced. Original was ok.
4) Amp. replaced.
5) All speakers and tweeters inspected and tested-ok.

Next week the head unit/radio will be replaced.

I will update when the new unit goes in.

Dropped off the bike on Thursday and picked it up yesterday. The new headunit was installed as you can see that it has the "new" look to it. Got my paper work as i am holding on to everything for a paper trail and made my way to my bike as i can tell the boys wanted to close up and go home. I turned on the radio and there was sound. While i put my helmet on and let the bike warm up i let the music play. Got on and turned up the volume about 3/4. Started riding out of the parking lot. Made a right turn onto the road and went less than 100 feet to the first light and...... >:(......yes you all guessed it.....it started cutting in and out. I just kept on going. Unbelievable the amount of time i have spent on this problem. I had to be somewhere so i plan to call Monday morning. I did about 200 km and it would cut in and out when i turned it up. It was ok from about half volume and down. These where the symptoms i had the first time around. Bottom line it will get worst till it quits. H.D. obviously did not think this system out very well or the parts are just plan old cheap.......UNBELEAVABLE. Just wondering how long it will be before we start hearing about radio problems with the 2012's.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2011, 11:11:37 AM »

Got the call and the new head unit has arrived. I will be taking my ride in next week for the re and re.....fingers crossed...hopfully this will be it but again something in my gut says.....NOT.

I guessed right. :(

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »

Welcome to the club.  Waiting 2 weeks for me and am still 4 th in line

I am getting the radio head hopefully only 3 weeks more to wait

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2011, 04:30:17 PM »

So far after 9 visits for the same problem this is what has been done.

1) All connections, plugs, pins and ground have been inspected and checked-ok.
2) Ipod sent to an Apple store and inspected and tested-ok.
3) Wiring harness from Ipod to where it connects by the right side of the rear fender replaced. Original was ok.
4) Amp. replaced.
5) All speakers and tweeters inspected and tested-ok.

Next week the head unit/radio will be replaced.

I will update when the new unit goes in.

Forgot to add to the list that after the new head unit was replace they reset my computer to set everything up. By doing this they also reset my ECM. So now i have to re-flash it to accommodate the Fullsac exhaust system.

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2011, 11:59:52 PM »

I've been reading this thread for a while now and sympathizing with all you guys with failing stereo's and was just hoping that my stereo was the one in one hundred that wasn't to go on the blink,ahhh but that theory was to prove me wrong and as I was out enjoying a ride yesterday and listing to a bit of AC/DC
at about half volume I notice more noise coming from the left speaker than usual  followed closely by all noise cutting in and out then silence (no more AC/DC).
I guess at this point you can welcome me to the club of the failing AMPLIFIER PROBLEM.

I'll keep you posted with what the dealer has to say.  Hope it not going to take months to fix.
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »

I've been reading this thread for a while now and sympathizing with all you guys with failing stereo's and was just hoping that my stereo was the one in one hundred that wasn't to go on the blink,ahhh but that theory was to prove me wrong and as I was out enjoying a ride yesterday and listing to a bit of AC/DC
at about half volume I notice more noise coming from the left speaker than usual  followed closely by all noise cutting in and out then silence (no more AC/DC).
I guess at this point you can welcome me to the club of the failing AMPLIFIER PROBLEM.

I'll keep you posted with what the dealer has to say.  Hope it not going to take months to fix.
I have been following this thread as well and sure hope they have come up with a fix for future releases.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2011, 07:36:19 AM »

I have been following this thread as well and sure hope they have come up with a fix for future releases.

Sorry.  Welcome to the club.  Sounds like you will need a new radio

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2011, 08:52:20 AM »

Are you all sure this is not an ipod connectivity issue.  I noticed that my music will occasionally cut out when using an ipod.  I thought it was the amp issue but then I switched it to radio and it worked fine.

Duff

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Dyna CVO
    • CVO2: 2011 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »

My dealer says the radio is OK. But I don't get the new amp for another week. So i post when I get the replacement install. However, I'm doing my research right now on putting in a Sony head unit with Biketronic's amp's and speakers since they have a lifetime warranty. I listened to one at a bike night on Friday and it puts the CVO system to same.

UPDATE!!!
My dealership replaced my AMP on Saturday and it sounded great. It might just be paranoia but I think my left speakers started going in and out again with my volume at 3/4. But it might have just been the wind at 80MPH. Doesn't matter I'm about to upgrade my system anyways...

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2011, 08:58:40 PM »

Are you all sure this is not an ipod connectivity issue.  I noticed that my music will occasionally cut out when using an ipod.  I thought it was the amp issue but then I switched it to radio and it worked fine.
I wish it was that simple,not any of the functions work on my Audio system.
So far so good

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2011, 09:07:13 PM »

I wish it was that simple,not any of the functions work on my Audio system.
Have you been in to see Phil about the issue or are you dealing with HH?

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »

Dropped off the bike on Thursday and picked it up yesterday. The new headunit was installed as you can see that it has the "new" look to it. Got my paper work as i am holding on to everything for a paper trail and made my way to my bike as i can tell the boys wanted to close up and go home. I turned on the radio and there was sound. While i put my helmet on and let the bike warm up i let the music play. Got on and turned up the volume about 3/4. Started riding out of the parking lot. Made a right turn onto the road and went less than 100 feet to the first light and...... >:(......yes you all guessed it.....it started cutting in and out. I just kept on going. Unbelievable the amount of time i have spent on this problem. I had to be somewhere so i plan to call Monday morning. I did about 200 km and it would cut in and out when i turned it up. It was ok from about half volume and down. These where the symptoms i had the first time around. Bottom line it will get worst till it quits. H.D. obviously did not think this system out very well or the parts are just plan old cheap.......UNBELEAVABLE. Just wondering how long it will be before we start hearing about radio problems with the 2012's.

Was at the dealership yesterday and soon as they seen me you could tell they where not surprised to see me. Before i could say anything they told me that they had the ipod harness on order........this is the last thing that has not been replaced and they are hoping this is it.......I think it is the amp.....again.

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »

Have you been in to see Phil about the issue or are you dealing with HH?
Dealing with H&H at this point, still havn't got an answer yet however they ashore me that they are doing as much as possible from this end.
So far so good

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »

I gotta say... I'm really enjoying reading this thread!

Misery loves company and it's great to see I've got lots of company with me!!! :huepfenjump3:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 21 queries.