Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56681 times)

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:37 PM »

Dealing with H&H at this point, still havn't got an answer yet however they ashore me that they are doing as much as possible from this end.

Sure hope they fix the problem for the 2012's

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2011, 09:44:53 PM »

Sure hope they fix the problem for the 2012's

they fix one and cheapen  other  parts and  the customer gets to sort it all out for them.. lots of frustration to be had with Harley anymore

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2011, 02:04:57 AM »

Report back on amp replacement:  Got my bike back today with the new amp, sounded great as it did when I first bought it -- road it about 1.3 miles, and the left totally cut-out for a second, and came back on only partially.  The lower left speaker works and right side works completely fine.  Question:  If the speakers are run in series, why would my upper left fairing two-way and tweeter speaker not be working, while my lower left fairing speaker works if it was just the amp?  Down just in time for the weekend.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:55:16 AM by TheLoneWolfPack »
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »

Report back on amp replacement:  Got my bike back today with the new amp, sounded great as it did when I first bought it -- road it about 1.3 miles, and the left totally cut-out for a second, and came back on only partially.  The lower left speaker works and right side works completely fine.  Question:  If the speakers are run in series, why would my upper left fairing two-way and tweeter speaker not be working, while my lower left fairing speaker works if it was just the amp?  Down just in time for the weekend.

I can not explain that but it is exactly what happened to me right before everything stopped working and the dealer ordered me a new radio head.    That was 5 weeks ago and I am still 4 th in line

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »

I can not explain that but it is exactly what happened to me right before everything stopped working and the dealer ordered me a new radio head.    That was 5 weeks ago and I am still 4 th in line

I had an HK in my 09 Ultra, and I never had a problem with it -- and i logged 38,000 miles on it.  So, i am tending to think its a combination of the speakers and amp as they are both "Boom" and in its just a big BOOM!
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

samule

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »

Had the new amp installed. It didnt even pass the road test by the tech. They called cust serv and they said bring it back and leave it so they can check each component under load and figure it out. We will see. All works well at times but it starts cutting out at higher volumes. Could ride all day at half or a little more and not cut out.
seems the amps cant push enough.

Welshman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »

Well got the new ampa and ..............This amp is cutting out like the other . At first it was just a few times thought it might be heat but no such luck . After rides last 3 weeks this is what I found below : -

Thing is it never cuts out on the RIGHT side it only happens on Left . Could it be the head unit ? 
1.   Only left side again cuts out , on radio , CD and I pod
2.   Seems to happen when volume goes over 2/3rds
3.   The amp also seems a lot quieter than the last
4.   I had a stock rental Ultra classic , and that was much louder than my bike !!! and never cut out at max volume , and its only 40W !!
5.   When I turn down volume left side speakers come back on
6.   On AVC 2,3 setting it immediately cuts out at ½ volume
7.   Also when I hit a bump it cuts out sometimes !!! again only on LHS
8.   When I unplug the sat nav it makes no difference , it still cuts out on left
9.   The cutting out with this amp is shorter spells than previous one

33K for this POS , it completely spoils the ride , wish I had kept my road king cvo at times .
I am ging to make an "executive complaint "to HD on , my dealer in Tampa is superb best ever but they are at a loss too its not fair on them .

THHIS IS GONNA BE MY LAST CVO IF THIS MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED .

Love everything else about the bike ,
Cymru am byth

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »

LoneWolf
You must have a left side wiring problem.  The wiring diagram in the 11 service manual shows the amp outputs are in parallel, all the left side components should stop working if it is a left side amp output problem.  I attached a scan of the wiring, 34 is right, 35 left. 34R & 35R are rear speaker outputs and not used on the 11s.

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »

LoneWolf
You must have a left side wiring problem.  The wiring diagram in the 11 service manual shows the amp outputs are in parallel, all the left side components should stop working if it is a left side amp output problem.  I attached a scan of the wiring, 34 is right, 35 left. 34R & 35R are rear speaker outputs and not used on the 11s.

Thanks Wayne, and that is what I was thinking too -- but when they replaced the amp, it worked fine for about a mile, then the left went you completely --- it happened a total of 3 times over about 100 miles.  Took it back and they said I had a blown tweeter, which did not answer the question of why the left cuts out.  I will let them do their thing this second time, and wait for the Amp to go out completely.

I guess what I am saying is that your right if I am getting only partial sound out of the left == and I will raise this issue when i take it in about the left tweeter.  Thanks for taking the time to address  the wiring issue.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »

Thanks Wayne, and that is what I was thinking too -- but when they replaced the amp, it worked fine for about a mile, then the left went you completely --- it happened a total of 3 times over about 100 miles.  Took it back and they said I had a blown tweeter, which did not answer the question of why the left cuts out.  I will let them do their thing this second time, and wait for the Amp to go out completely.

I guess what I am saying is that your right if I am getting only partial sound out of the left == and I will raise this issue when i take it in about the left tweeter.  Thanks for taking the time to address  the wiring issue.

The same thing is happening to me....if you read this thread you will see what i have been going through. My thoughts......cheap parts.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »

The same thing is happening to me....if you read this thread you will see what i have been going through. My thoughts......cheap parts.
[/quote

cheap in quality! cost wise is a rip.

nbomar

« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2011, 05:52:03 PM »

Well got the new ampa and ..............This amp is cutting out like the other . At first it was just a few times thought it might be heat but no such luck . After rides last 3 weeks this is what I found below : -

Thing is it never cuts out on the RIGHT side it only happens on Left . Could it be the head unit ? 
1.   Only left side again cuts out , on radio , CD and I pod
2.   Seems to happen when volume goes over 2/3rds
3.   The amp also seems a lot quieter than the last
4.   I had a stock rental Ultra classic , and that was much louder than my bike !!! and never cut out at max volume , and its only 40W !!
5.   When I turn down volume left side speakers come back on
6.   On AVC 2,3 setting it immediately cuts out at ½ volume
7.   Also when I hit a bump it cuts out sometimes !!! again only on LHS
8.   When I unplug the sat nav it makes no difference , it still cuts out on left
9.   The cutting out with this amp is shorter spells than previous one

33K for this POS , it completely spoils the ride , wish I had kept my road king cvo at times .
I am ging to make an "executive complaint "to HD on , my dealer in Tampa is superb best ever but they are at a loss too its not fair on them .

THHIS IS GONNA BE MY LAST CVO IF THIS MATTER IS NOT RESOLVED .

Love everything else about the bike ,

Mine is only the right side cutting out and it does it on cd, aux, or iPod, but not the radio...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »

Was at the dealership yesterday and soon as they seen me you could tell they where not surprised to see me. Before i could say anything they told me that they had the ipod harness on order........this is the last thing that has not been replaced and they are hoping this is it.......I think it is the amp.....again.

No harness yet and the cutting in and out is getting worse.......I say amp....again. >:(

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »

Still waiting for my replacement radio head etc....goin on 5 weeks now ....still #2 in line

There are now 6 others behind me....I will probably get it fixed the day the snow starts flying >:( :(

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »

Anyone had amp problems on a 2012 SG yet  :nervous:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 25 queries.