Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide  (Read 56714 times)

Rhodsman

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2009 Custom Rocker
Re: 100 watt amplifier problem on 2011 Screaming Eagle Stree Glide
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »

Hey Mano and others

No, I have not installed the ARC Amp and Focal Speakers. They are being shipped now. Here is a link to the stereo kits available through Eastside Harley:
http://www.harleystereo.com/eshopitems_cat_7412-86065.EHD_Signature_Series_Stereos.htm

I will create a post to share once the install is done.

glank

• My Rides
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »

They have been going out on a bunch of SE2's. I just put in the 500W J&M with the 7.25"'s in the upper and lower fairing. I am so happy with this setup. WOW!!!!
1984 Wide Glide Shovel - Red (the last of the Shovels-Paid 5000 sold 7500 after 6 years)
1998 Fat Boy - Black
2002 Fat Boy - Silver Custom
2007 Street Glide - Black
2011 CVO Street Glide - Black Crimson

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »

It seems that no one can get adequate resolution to the AMP issues and the persistent poor sound / cutting out. Harley does not have any answers and several members have gone through 2-3 amps and wasted weeks of riding time trying to resolve these issues.

I have opted to go with an ARC 125.4 Amp and Focal speakers to remedy this issue and improve sound performance.

When we spend this much cash on an elite motorcycle, we should not have to go buy expensive aftermarket audio parts. Boo Harley... But, I am excited for the new sound system.

Are you installing the AMP in the fairing?  I am going to attempt the same thing, but my install guy said there may be a heat issue.  He is calling the ARC rep -- the 125.2 is designed to mitigate heat better, and was designed for the fairing (based on what I have been told and read).

2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2011, 05:03:56 PM »

DO NOT LET HD OFF!  Go through the motions, get three work orders for the audio system repairs, and after the third failure, replace your sound system with aftermarket.  Then sue HD in small claims court -- your damages are the cost of your knew sound system.  I don't know about other states, but in Cal, small claims court works fast and very user friendly. In most large counties it can be filed online and served by the Sheriff.

On another note, my blown tweeter is on back order (again) -- it seems this is a major issue too.
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »

Well after a 5 week wait the radio came in and guess what...It was not the radio ...NO SURPRISE...... Now I am 4th in line for a new AMP even after I showed them all these posts they still kept sayin" the error codes shows it to be the radio"

I give up Guess the radio and stero system tha was such a selling point SUCKS

Back to my Ipod with earplugs

Sure would have liked to listen to the Packer Game on my way home from Tomahawk >:( :(

nbomar

« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »

Haven't heard a word from my dealer. They were supposed to call Harley on Monday and let me know what the moco says...

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »

Hey Mano and others

No, I have not installed the ARC Amp and Focal Speakers. They are being shipped now. Here is a link to the stereo kits available through Eastside Harley:
http://www.harleystereo.com/eshopitems_cat_7412-86065.EHD_Signature_Series_Stereos.htm

I will create a post to share once the install is done.

Will be looking forward to see and hear how this install goes Rhodsman. I have found a dealer that sells this stuff here but for now i will play the game with HD. I just don;t like the idea of letting them off the hook that easy. When the original system was working it did sound good.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2011, 06:14:36 PM »

Harness has arrived and will be going to get it installed on Thursday. They will re and re it while i wait. I do not think this will solve the problem but i guess i have to go through the motions.

Had to reschedule. They ordered the whole harness and the tank has to be removed. They need the bike for the day meaning i have to take it in the night before to pick it up the next day...ish.

And yes....I do not think this will solve the problem. I am now totally convinced that it is the amp. With the cooler temperatures it is not cutting in and out as much as it was 2 weeks ago.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:27:55 PM by Mano »

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »

Taking my bike in tomorrow to the local dealer, he reckons HD Australia have exchange amps and have been expecting this issue to start as the SESG2,s get a few K,s (Miles) up on them.Mine has about 9,000 and as we head into our best riding weather it will get a heap more over the next 8 months.
Hope this fixes the prob. Ill keep you posted.
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »

Still waiting on an AMP.  First it was a 6 week wait on the radio.  Now its the AMP. It will be another 3 weeks.  So far the big selling point(the stereo) has not worked for 25% of the time that I have owned the bike and COUNTING

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2011, 02:30:41 PM »

Add mine to the list of SESG2s that have amps that have quit working. FWIW, I emailed my dealer guy with this thread, told him I am having the same symptoms, but want to deal with it over the winter. He told me he has replaced one other, but it was due to a bad wire...

What about a class-action lawsuit? I'm agreement that for the hype and money, the MOCO shouldn't be let off the hook so easily by going to an aftermarket amp. But I also don't want to go through the hassle of replacement after replacement.

If I did go to an aftermarket, what are the specs I need to be aware of?

I'll make a decision closer to next spring.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

andreaswolter

• Street Glide CVO
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »

I have immediately sold whole 2011 CVO Street Glide and have bought to myself the new 2010th CVO Street Glide. There everything functions perfectly!

nbomar

« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »

Dealer decided yesterday after having my bike in there for the past few days for other issues it is going to put a new amp in my bike. We will see if it changes anything. Kind of confused how they say they already replaced that and it did the same thing and now they want to replace it again.... Peculiar...

Kirk

« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »

New to the site today and the proud owner of a 2011 Autumn Haze and just love the look and the ride.......with 1235 miles on the clock...the amp blew.  I have been waiting for over a month on the new amp.  This is crazy that I spend this type of money and am researching a new sound system. I am looking forward to being a member of this site and learning more about the CVO Harley family.   
1989 FLHS
1992 Fat Boy
2000 Road King
2003 Ultra
2008 Street Glide
2011 SESG

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2011, 07:26:40 PM »

New to the site today and the proud owner of a 2011 Autumn Haze and just love the look and the ride.......with 1235 miles on the clock...the amp blew.  I have been waiting for over a month on the new amp.  This is crazy that I spend this type of money and am researching a new sound system. I am looking forward to being a member of this site and learning more about the CVO Harley family.   

Hey Kirk.

Sorry to hear about your amp too. There is a lot of information about this topic on this thread.

Check out the new member section too and say hello to everyone. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.