Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Vance and Hines -- Power Dual Header or ...  (Read 7077 times)

Desert Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Vance and Hines -- Power Dual Header or ...
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:33:04 PM »

This is a very thought provoking thread, and address one of the core issues I have with the '09 FLTRSE3.  Engine heat!   Here is my setup: Stock, ceramic coated, cat-less '09 head pipe, Fullsak 1.75" cores, dyno tuned for the midrange power curve, & thigh protection.  I live in So. NV and was riding yesterday in 85 degree + heat for the first time this season, and the bike was very warm to ride, and I have six more months of high heat in my future that I would like to better manage when on the bike if possible.

If I am understanding you all correctly, by going with the V & H Power duals, a re-tune, many have experienced a dramtic heat reduction, and a nice performance bump in the midrange. Was there any impact on your mileage by going with the V & H set up?  Also, need to understand from those who might be running the Fullsac X pipe their experience relative to heat reduction and overall performance.  Not excited about reworking the exhaust system again, but will seriously consider if these possible changes produce a favorable outcome.
2009 FLTRSE3 CVO - Black / Orange - Clear View 14" smoked windshield, Full size custom painted tour-pack. SERT, 1.75 inch Fullsacs. Wild 1 517's, lowers, RICOR rear shocks, and Intiminator's on the front.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 08:05:31 PM »

:confused5:
Desert D.....It was not clear to me that your setup included a re-tune of your engine on a dyno so as to re-adjust the air/fuel mix which is typically very lean.  Once that is done,  it should lower your engine temp noticeably,  (I'm assuming you are NOT riding around in shorts or cut-offs.........cause you indicate an '09 model which should place the cross-over pipe below the frame and be not nearly the headache........or I should say thigh heat that would be there on an '08 or earlier model).

If you have had the A/F ratio corrected,  and are not trying to ride from point A to point B in shorts,  then your (hot ride)is what it is.............Deal with it.

Desert Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 11:28:16 PM »

Hey MoScoot....Did the exhaust changes, and had the SERT map done by the local HD- SERT / tuner guru......Temps are better than the factory set up, but still runs hotter than I like, and I am dealing with it, just do not like it.  Just doing my due diligence to understand some of the new exhaust engineering that is now available to perhaps mitigate the issue. Living in the desert southwest, and being an avid rider is the motivation that drives my need to understand all the options available to help relieve this issue.
Best,

D2
2009 FLTRSE3 CVO - Black / Orange - Clear View 14" smoked windshield, Full size custom painted tour-pack. SERT, 1.75 inch Fullsacs. Wild 1 517's, lowers, RICOR rear shocks, and Intiminator's on the front.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »

I did the V&H power duals, heavy breather, SERT and dyno tune on my 09 SERG. Cooler and more power and I love the sound with the SE supertrapp slip ons. 98.5 peak HP/124.5 ft/lbs torque. Big improvement over stock.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »

:cherry:
Well DD......The only additional (potential) ways that come to mind that (may) help a little if you haven't done them already......might be to use syn. oil which should run a little cooler than dino oil and also use an oil cooler.   Oh and if you happen to ride an Ultra with the front fairing,  those optional little vents that go on each side of the fairing and are adjustable are very helpful.  If you rotate them open,  they throw up a strong breeze while you are riding.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.