Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Newbie - 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO Street Glide - Diamond Black/Crimson Tag  (Read 7879 times)

naptownharleyguy

Hello, everyone.  I've came here because I want some expert peer group help!

It's official, the 2011 CVO Street Glide is purchased, awaiting delivery in the next 30 or so days.  I am trading out of a 2009 Road King Classic that I totally loved.  It was a 96CI with ABS, security and rush slip on mufflers, pretty basic but a great bike.

Now I've taken a step up and joined the big boys club.  One of the main reasons I bought this bike is because it has 98% of the things I want in a bike already completed by the factory (not to mention it's a head turner).

The dealer is suggesting I ride it with stock pipes and claims I may not need to do anything to it.  At the most, they recommend slip ons and not going full true duals, etc.  In general, I'm curious what "must purchase" mods you'd all recommend?  Chrome to pipes to paint protection, let me know your thoughts.  I value opinions of those who have traveled the road before me.  I think pipes are probably a given at some time, but who knows.  Same with paint protection of some kind.  I want to keep this thing looking show room new.  Accessories are good too.  From what I'm reading extended warranty and tire/wheel seems like a must.  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you all might have.  I appreciate it.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: Newbie - 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO Street Glide - Diamond Black/Crimson Tag
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »

Welcome from Virginia...
Bill

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »

Congratulations and WELCOME aboard.

Fulsac head pipe, mufflers or Fulsac muffler cores, TTS tuner.............................

I can't wait to see where the suggestions go on this one,lol   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »

Welcome to the site from Alabama
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »

Nice. :2vrolijk_21:.

Welcome from Toronto, Canada. :bananarock:.

I say ride it first then decide if you want to change the pipes. It is a real joy to ride the way it is stock. Just enough noise and will not drown out the music.

naptownharleyguy

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »

Wow thanks for the quick welcomes and the advice already starting to flow.  Glad to see someone else bought one and hasn't changed pipes and is pleased! :)  Interested to keep hearing more :)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »

Congrats and welcome to the site.  Exhaust is a very personal choice....some will not ride stock at all, some want a little rumble and some want loud. Fullsac Performance is popular on this site..you can go with their headpipe and they have 3 different muffler cores 1.75", 2" and 2.25" each getting a little louder--but none are really loud--in my opinion. TTS is a popular tuner which will help the bike run better and cooler since the heat this thing puts out when stock will fry your right leg. Steve at Fullsac is very customer service oriented and can supply a map for the TTS so the bike will run good on install. IF you are looking for every last bit of power that will require a dyno tune. www.fullsac.com

Personally I got tired of dyno tuning everytime I made a switch, so I went with Fullsac muffler cores and the new Revolution EMS which once installed does not require any tuning. You will need to go with an 09 style catless headpipe--by that I mean 2009 style larger O2 sensors since that is what the kit comes with. FUllsac can supply that pipe as well, but you need to buy the tuner from Revolution or a reseller. A little bit more more initially, but no dyno tunes ever--just install and ride. http://www.revperf.com/Precision/index.html

The exhaust choices are endless.....Vance & hines, Reinhardt, Samson, etc......when you hear a bike that you like the sound, just find out what exhaust it has--or trial and error which gets expensive quickly.

Extended warranty with tire and wheel--if you have the money--absolutley--plenty of people on here who have made that money back if something big breaks.

Good Luck!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »

Hello, everyone.  I've came here because I want some expert peer group help!

It's official, the 2011 CVO Street Glide is purchased, awaiting delivery in the next 30 or so days.  I am trading out of a 2009 Road King Classic that I totally loved.  It was a 96CI with ABS, security and rush slip on mufflers, pretty basic but a great bike.

Now I've taken a step up and joined the big boys club.  One of the main reasons I bought this bike is because it has 98% of the things I want in a bike already completed by the factory (not to mention it's a head turner).

The dealer is suggesting I ride it with stock pipes and claims I may not need to do anything to it.  At the most, they recommend slip ons and not going full true duals, etc.  In general, I'm curious what "must purchase" mods you'd all recommend?  Chrome to pipes to paint protection, let me know your thoughts.  I value opinions of those who have traveled the road before me.  I think pipes are probably a given at some time, but who knows.  Same with paint protection of some kind.  I want to keep this thing looking show room new.  Accessories are good too.  From what I'm reading extended warranty and tire/wheel seems like a must.  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you all might have.  I appreciate it.
Welcome to the site from Tennessee!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »

I can't believe your dealer is not pushing to sell you more accessories than just slip-on pipes. However riding it "stock" and chosing your accessories wisely is smart and could save you some $$. The first thing you should be ready for is how much quieter you SESG will be from your 09RKC with Rush pipes. My old 03RKC that my wife is currently riding has Rush pipes and it is a whole lot louder than my SEUC with 2.25" Fullsac baffles. I can hear my motor and the XM radio unless I am following her then I have to crank up the volumn. You may like it the way it is. Time will tell. Food for thought, you have until the last day of your factory warranty before you need to purchase ESP.  P.S. I would not wait til the last day. See how your bike does during the next two years of riding. Then if you decide or feel you need to purchase the ESP you will save yourself a lot of money if you buy it from "Jenni @ Fosters HD in Tuscumbia, Alabama". I called about 15 other dealers about the ESP and nobody had a better deal. Probably almost all the knowledge you seek can be found on this site. Since your bike will not arrive for 30 days or more i suggest doing some searches and a lot of reading. Some mods have more than one solution, it will be up to you to decide which is best for you. Happy reading. Waiting sucks, HUH.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 08:32:55 PM »

Congrats and welcome to the site.  Exhaust is a very personal choice....some will not ride stock at all, some want a little rumble and some want loud. Fullsac Performance is popular on this site..you can go with their headpipe and they have 3 different muffler cores 1.75", 2" and 2.25" each getting a little louder--but none are really loud--in my opinion. TTS is a popular tuner which will help the bike run better and cooler since the heat this thing puts out when stock will fry your right leg. Steve at Fullsac is very customer service oriented and can supply a map for the TTS so the bike will run good on install. IF you are looking for every last bit of power that will require a dyno tune. www.fullsac.com

Extended warranty with tire and wheel--if you have the money--absolutley--plenty of people on here who have made that money back if something big breaks.

Good Luck!

X2  :2vrolijk_21:   Save your money.....you don't need slip ons and besides, our stock exhaust is very nice looking.  Just the Fullsac headpipe, Fullsac baffles and the TTS tuner.  Steve sends it all in the same package and the tuner will aready be dialed for the 110" motor with this set up so you'll not have the additional expense of dyno tuning. :2vrolijk_21:

By the way, welcome to the board.  Sounds like you may have a conservative dealership (that's not just trying to sell you anything they can) but before you go for anything that a dealership recommends, you might want to run it by these guys first.  Collectively, the members of this forum already have the experience to know what works and what doesn't and what looks good and works on the SESG and what doesn't. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:35:49 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 09:49:40 PM »

I have had my SESG for a little over 1 week now. I already had a good idea what I wanted to do and had the parts waiting. When I got the bike it was so restricted I couldn't believe it. It just felt like it didn't want to go. Attached is a picture of my head pipe with about 150 miles on it. Notice the severe bluing after only 150 miles. I added a Fullsac X pipe "B", 2.25" baffles (wanted more noise), and a TTS tuner. The bike is SO MUCH funner to ride!!! You give it the gas and it wants to go. It is a very mellow setup, still not what I would consider loud, it just breaths now. If you think about it, all I have done is unrestricted it. Very mild exhaust, a mellow tune, and it runs like it should. Personally I would do it right away, Steve at Fullsac sells 3 different baffles, medium, quiet, and quieter if you ask me. Like I said, this is my personal experience and opinion, I have to say this bike is a blast to ride now, runs very good all the way around.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 11:31:50 PM »

I have had my SESG for a little over 1 week now. I already had a good idea what I wanted to do and had the parts waiting. When I got the bike it was so restricted I couldn't believe it. It just felt like it didn't want to go. Attached is a picture of my head pipe with about 150 miles on it. Notice the severe bluing after only 150 miles. I added a Fullsac X pipe "B", 2.25" baffles (wanted more noise), and a TTS tuner. The bike is SO MUCH funner to ride!!! You give it the gas and it wants to go. It is a very mellow setup, still not what I would consider loud, it just breaths now. If you think about it, all I have done is unrestricted it. Very mild exhaust, a mellow tune, and it runs like it should. Personally I would do it right away, Steve at Fullsac sells 3 different baffles, medium, quiet, and quieter if you ask me. Like I said, this is my personal experience and opinion, I have to say this bike is a blast to ride now, runs very good all the way around.

and much cooler than it would have, had you rode it with the restricted exhaust in the summer months. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

olivier105

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 05:16:21 AM »

and much cooler than it would have, had you rode it with the restricted exhaust in the summer months. :2vrolijk_21:

just receive the fullsac X-pipe and the TTS.... but will wait the first review at 1600 Km to put it on... :bananarock:
then i'll realy see the difference... :orange: :orange:
my muffler are kess-tech...then can be quiet... or loud... just have to puch a button  :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 09:29:39 AM by olivier105 »

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »

You will love this bike.  I remain amazed at the nimbleness of the handling and love the ipod and cranking some tunes.  My bike is a twin to yours.  While my dealer told me to ride the stock bike as well, I did not listen.  My concern was the catalytic converter and the heat that is generated in order for HD to meet the emissions requirements of the government.  Therefore, I ordered the Fullsac head pipe, 1.75" baffles, and the TTS fuel map.  The bike sounds better, runs cooler, and you get the advantage of additional horsepower and torque.  Frankly, I cannot imagine riding the bike out of the box due to the heat generated by the motor.  My right leg still gets a little warm even with the mods.  Have considered the mid-frame heat deflectors but I just don't like the look of them.

The only other mod I made was to replace the factory windshield.  Found that I was getting buffeted at the eye level and helmet witht the factory shield.  Went with a Freedom Shields 7" in the dark gray.  I'm 5'11" and am happy with the change.

Enjoy and be safe.

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »

Welcome from Oz - good for you with the purchase - The bretheran here will set you straight with what you need.

Hope you've a fat wallet...lol

Cheers
Glen
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 25 queries.