Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Ride Like A Pro West Coast...  (Read 19493 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Ride Like A Pro West Coast...
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »

JC, sorry to hear about Terrie's mishap! Hope she recovers quickly. Will this incident lead you to remove the throttle boss, change glove types or take any other action? I have throttle boss's on all 3 bikes and could see this happening after you described it? Trying to decide if I'm going to change anything.

She's already told me that she's changing gloves.....something with a velcro wrist to secure any loose flap.  We've also talked about removing the throttle boss from both bikes.  I don't think that will be necessary as long as she changes gloves and they sure are convienent on the long haul rides.

Interestingly, Jon (jonga) rode her bike back from LA on Thurs.  He said that when he stopped for gas it happened to him, also. 

Sat morning I left the house at 6:30 a.m. to run down to Eagles Nest HD in Lathrop to get my LED tail light changed out.  When I left there, I had my shorty gloves on and left the sleeve unzipped on my leather Screamin Eagle jacket.  As I left their drive way, I twisted the wick pretty good, but when I left off the throttle, it just kept right on going......my jacket sleeve caught on it.  She and I have had those things for a couple of years and neither of us has ever had any problems and now we both experience it in the same week. :nixweiss:    Sure makes you think about the things that we take for granted (gloves, jacket sleeves, etc.).  I used to wonder why the hell they'd put velcro on the sleeves of shorty (no gauntlet) gloves.......now we know. :o
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »

Uh-ohhh.  Terrie's doctor just called.  Said the radiologist found a couple broken ribs after all. :nervous:

Now who said she was milkin it? ???

I stand by my "Hardcore" comment...DAMN!

Get Healin' Girl...I fully expect to see ya riding then...All the Best...

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »

Terrie,

I hope that you are feeling better and that you heal up real fast!  As for the throttle bosses, get them the f$%* off of the bikes before one of you gets really hurt!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2011, 10:17:59 PM »

Terrie......Hope you are on the mend quickly......all our best.....Russ and Vivianne
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »

:oops:Wow, these doctors kill me.....glad they got it right finally so you know to let yourself heal properly. Never forget when I learned why they call it practicing medicine......because its the truth. Hope you are feeling bettter and wishing you a speedy recovery. Take Care....... Jon

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 07:27:48 AM »

I know from Terrie's message to me that she is feeling better...but two broken ribs...yikes!! That's gotta hurt! Keep gettin' better Terrie!!! Looking forward to seeing you in Solvang!!!

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 07:31:58 AM »

Terrie

Paula and I are hoping you feel better real soon :)

See you in Solvang

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 08:35:11 AM »

Terrie, heal up fast! Wish we were gonna see you in Solvang..

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »

Terrie sorry to hear of your mishap. Hope you can heal real fast.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »

Terrie, 

Hope you heal up fast!   ;D  Sorry about your pain.   :(

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011, 10:48:34 PM »

Sorry, just now discovered this post!

MARK'S CLASS WAS GREAT. A REAL HANDS-ON PERSPECTIVE OF WHAT AND WHAT NOT TO DO. KNOW SOME INSTRUCTION I NEED TO GET PLASTICIZED INTO MY BRAIN AND WORKING ON HABITS TO FORGET. (front breaking at low speeds)

Terrie is a great rider and sometimes great riders have mis-haps. I was sitting on my rental waiting my turn watching Terrie and Susan doing the Iron Cross counter clockwise when the bike started to go down. Terrie in her calm and controlled way grabbed the bike and stopped it from going down further. She didn't look frustrated but had her little annoyed snicker on her lips. As she lifted up it pulled away pulling the bike down to the ground with her landing on top and then it shot away flipping over to the other side. Happened really fast.

I think she showed grit, stamina and love for her bike in grabbing it. Most would have.

Terrie, Here's hope for a speedy recovery and sorry for your pain. Looking forward to riding with you soon.

JC had a lot of concern for Terrie's welfare. (He was shook-up a bit.)

It was great of everybody to help, but I'm not surprised knowing who was there to step up.

Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 12:11:39 AM »

Sometimes it takes a mishap like that to see what we are made of. What got to me was the way we all pulled together like the family we are. Susan rode in the ambulance with Terry, JC saw to it that everything came together, Jonga and the others gave Teris bike a good look over and checked it mechanically. The most entertaining part was watching Jonga piece meal together a riding outfit out of leftover womens clothes,.... Now that is a sign of love.

Can't wait to see you all at Solvang.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011, 12:34:41 AM »

Sometimes it takes a mishap like that to see what we are made of. What got to me was the way we all pulled together like the family we are. Susan rode in the ambulance with Terry, JC saw to it that everything came together, Jonga and the others gave Teris bike a good look over and checked it mechanically. The most entertaining part was watching Jonga piece meal together a riding outfit out of leftover womens clothes,.... Now that is a sign of love.

Can't wait to see you all at Solvang.

Oh no......did Mark just say that? :o          :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »

I haven't seen any pictures yet so I'm gonna have to say ,"prove it" . I will admit wearing a helmet for 6 hours thats trying to crawl off your head really sucks. But for friends like these I'd do anytime they needed it. Was happpy it was such a nice day the day I rode home...... :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »

I haven't seen any pictures yet so I'm gonna have to say ,"prove it" . I will admit wearing a helmet for 6 hours thats trying to crawl off your head really sucks. But for friends like these I'd do anytime they needed it. Was happpy it was such a nice day the day I rode home...... :2vrolijk_21:

Come on Jon.....you've known me longer than anybody else on this forum.....how many times you seen me witout a camera?  I believe I could probably dig up a few pics.....even in the middle of an emergency I'm ready. ;D

Seriously, Mark made a good point.  I appreciate everybody stepping up and helping the way they did.....even the guys from the fire dept. offered to keep her bike till I could get back down their to pick it up.  The fire captain said "we can keep it at the station for a couple weeks....we have a place inside".  Just incredable support from all.  Marty & Paula for keeping it in their garage for a few days......Jon for riding it 400 miles back to our garage.  I really, really appreciate it all guys! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 26 queries.