Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: It's 07' rumor time ya'll...  (Read 13626 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: It's 07' rumor time ya'll...
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2006, 01:21:32 PM »

Why all these negative comments about HD?  If you guys really think the're that bad, why don't you buy a Honda?????

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »

Back in the winter, before the CVO OCD set in on me, I was looking at a Street Glide, and was going to have the 95 kit put on....I think they said it would be about 1500 parts and labor...IF I'm remembering correctly.  Then I saw a SEUC, and the Glide quickly took a backseat. A LOT of people have this done, apparently, particularly on the baggers, so just adding 12 or 15 hundred to a new bike would not be a big deal, and they could toot their horn a bit about the "new displacement" engines from the factory.  They should've been coming that way for the last couple of years anyway, as the 88 is pretty weak to be pushing an 800 lb bike around.  So, I could see that happening for sure, then the stealers could push for the 103 mods, and make even more money!!!  Instead of a 1500 add-on, they could get into the 3-5 K range...they're probably foaming at the mouth... ;D :o
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »

[highlight]It's amazing what some folks consider to be "significant new technology[/highlight]".  Since when is throwing existing jugs and pistons on an engine to increase displacement by 7 cubic inches "new", "significant", or even "technology"????  That's old tech in my book.

The reason I didn't give the 95 inch rumors much credence in the past had to do with the huge amount of money H-D would have lost on the P&A side of the business.  They sell large numbers of the 95 inch kits, and if they make it standard they just have to come up with a new way to bang us for additional cash to make up the shortfall in revenues.  

Jerry
Hey Jerry, you gotta know that those 'salespersons'  (brokers) know very little about anything, esp. technology/motors/cycles/etc.......they're just parroting what came in the company's qtry. report in most cases......which is a polished up sales pitch, at best.  Maybe, just maybe, they'll keep on making the V-Twin and realize that it is what sets them apart from all the more technically advanced metric scooters out there and is what gives them their 'appeal'.  jmho.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2006, 02:38:33 PM »

Spyd...I agree, it is what sets HD apart from the rest, and a few other intangibles.  However, I do see a water cooled Vrod based engine for touring in the future...they've already got it, it's just a matter of figuring out design...personally, I hope they put it out as another option, as in a different model line...perhaps sort of a Sport Touring line?  That way, the people who want what we have can still have it, and those who are used to Wings, Beemers, Honda ST's and such, will have a good reason to change over...after all, none of those are V's, and NONE of them SOUND like V's either.  

It's the rawness (is that a word?) of the A/C VTWIN that is the appeal, I think.  Thank goodness HD has not tried to cover everything up like some of the others.  There's a loyal following of Ducatis for the same reason..most of them are "raw"....dry clutch makes a hell of a lot of racket, but I like it.

I just hope that the air cooled engine doesn't go the way of the VW one of these days.  
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »

Yeah, TC.....I don't have any problem w/ the MOCO making the more 'modern' machines to appeal to the younger crowd, just hate to see 'um abandon the ole school scoots.  Remember to always dance with the one who brung 'u or something like that.  har!  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2006, 11:17:13 PM »

And if 95 was the new standard, dealers could then market 103 upgrades the way they do 95's now.  More profit on parts due to (inevitably) higher prices for 103 stuff over 95..

It's easy to upgrade a bike from 88 to 95 - but go stroke it to 103 and it's a bit more cost intensive...  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2006, 12:28:19 PM »

Why all these negative comments about HD?  If you guys really think the're that bad, why don't you buy a Honda?????

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hey Dude, chill !  

This is a Harley-Davidson website. We come here to talk about all things H-D. Good, bad and in between. Just because you love something doesn't mean you are blind to it's faults. For a lot of us, we are daydreaming in our posts of " if only " as well as venting a bit of frustration at times. I think we also hope that maybe the MoCo checks up on websites like this and perhaps some of what we say will find it's way back to Juneau Ave. The 2007 model is upcoming and to my way of thinking, we have not seen any significant changes in technology since the CVO 103 was introduced in 2003. There are a lot of reugulational changes coming from EPA and other organizations which should require some technological changes from the MoCo. Dissing an 07 model year offering of a 95 " motor as not being a technological advancement is not worthy of challenging someone's commitment to the brand.

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2006, 07:16:01 PM »

Hey spyder, I will pretend I didn't see that...

(you gotta know that those 'salespersons'  (brokers) know very little about anything, esp. technology/motors/cycles/etc.......they're just parroting)...

You know what I'm doing part-time, right?  Seriously though, you're right.  It's funny how many of my co-workers know NOTHING about the product. SERIOUSLY.  I did hear something interesting tonight here at the ol' H-D dealer... Harley corporate told the owner something to the effect of "you better get rid of everything ASAP.  Once the 07's come out, all in-stock will be OBSOLETE and you'll eat it"  

What exactly could that mean?  Certainly something significant.  I'm guessing 95"/6 speeds, and all sporty's fuel injected (2007 is the 50th anniversary).   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »

Hey spyder, [highlight]I will pretend I didn't see that... [/highlight]

(you gotta know that those 'salespersons'  [highlight](brokers)[/highlight] know very little about anything, esp. technology/motors/cycles/etc.......they're just parroting)...

You know what I'm doing part-time, right?  Seriously though, you're right.  It's funny how many of my co-workers know NOTHING about the product. SERIOUSLY.  I did hear something interesting tonight here at the ol' H-D dealer... Harley corporate told the owner something to the effect of "you better get rid of everything ASAP.  Once the 07's come out, all in-stock will be OBSOLETE and you'll eat it"  

What exactly could that mean?  Certainly something significant.  I'm guessing 95"/6 speeds, and all sporty's fuel injected (2007 is the 50th anniversary).   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  
Hey Doc......you misread me there.....I was referring to the aforementioned post that was referencing a Wall St. [highlight]stock[/highlight] broker (I added salesperson, 'cause that's what I think they are) ...... wasn't referring to you very knowledgeable HD salesmen.  I would NEVER speak disparingly about the wonderful dealership employees who are, on the whole, very knowledgeable, helpful, kind, brave,thrifty and handsome.......well, maybe not in all cases.  You are probably on to something about the Sporty, don't know that the MOCO would obsolete the beloved V-Twin unless they had too......we'll see.  Good to hear from you again.....all work and no play .... you gotta get out more, dude!  [smiley=drink.gif] har!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] spyder

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2006, 07:35:45 PM »

Hey spyder, maybe I should READ and not SKIM the posts!  Can you say RE-TARD-ED?

[smiley=drink.gif] See ya in NC Spyder!

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2006, 11:47:11 PM »

Upgrade to 95's and 6-speeds but hampered by EPA emissions and cat's will create a bike with the same performance as today but less smog...

In Essence - 2007 will be a wash...  [smiley=nervous.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

05ChromeUltra

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2006, 05:33:27 PM »

Hmmm...I have a T-Shirt that shows a Harley V-Twin on it, and the words " Bigger IS Better" exclaimed...all the freakin' Japs and Limey's have more inches, Let's see here, Kawasaki at 125 cu.in, Triumpn Rocket III at 140 cu. in., Yamahahoo at 116-118 cu.in and Suzuki at 109 cu.in... I guess I can't wear my little t-shirt. I wish Harley would get a big motor out there on the market, let's START at 150 cu.in standard, with upgrades to a 175 and or a 200 cu.in...now your'e talkin...
BTW Biggest V-Twin I have ever seen was a 350 cu.in. (5700 cc's) yes, a V-Twin, a British dude found an old WW II V-12 or V-16 Bomber engine and cut off two cylinders, built a frame around it, and all of the rest of the crap to fit (2 Honda 750 gas tanks end to end, mounted in a Harley layout, one hell'uva V-Twin.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2006, 05:39:55 PM »

Mmmmmmm......I bet that behemoth was as ugly as most of those other large motor bikes mentioned.....big ain't everything!  jmho.  :-?  spyder

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »

Guess all our CVO questions for 2007 will be answered on August 7th in Sturgis.  Just got an HD eMail inviting all CVO owners to this gala affair! [smiley=drink.gif].

Sure wish I could go!

Who is going to be our on-site reporter?

Here is the text: [smiley=vrolijk_30.gif]

Join us at the 2006 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, where we’ll open the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center doors early just for CVO owners. Get the first look at the 2007 CVO vehicles at the indoor show and rub elbows with H-D executives and members of the CVO team. Then join up with your fellow CVO owners for a self-guided ride through the Black Hills to the Sturgis Dragway.

Space is limited, so be sure to RSVP by August 1, 2006.
We hope to see you in Sturgis!

Bob Farchione
General Manager
Parts, Accessories, and Custom Vehicle Operations

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2006, 06:11:21 PM »

Guess all our CVO questions for 2007 will be answered on August 7th in Sturgis.  Just got an HD eMail inviting all CVO owners to this gala affair! [smiley=drink.gif].

Sure wish I could go!

Who is going to be our on-site reporter?

Here is the text: [smiley=vrolijk_30.gif]

Join us at the 2006 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, where we’ll open the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center doors early just for CVO owners. Get the first look at the 2007 CVO vehicles at the indoor show and rub elbows with H-D executives and members of the CVO team. Then join up with your fellow CVO owners for a self-guided ride through the Black Hills to the Sturgis Dragway.

Space is limited, so be sure to RSVP by August 1, 2006.
We hope to see you in Sturgis!

Bob Farchione
General Manager
Parts, Accessories, and Custom Vehicle Operations

You must be VIP because I have two CVO and I haven't received that message..... :o
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 24 queries.