Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Average Age of Tourer Owners? Guessing 10% under 40, 40% forties 50% over 50?  (Read 6550 times)

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

When I was young, used to say: "Only Cops and Old Men rode Dressers"... Then had a look in the mirror forty years later, not a cop, but YIKES!   :lolk:

Now, I want to say that I thing a Full Dresser is cool and smart.  But I must admit riding in the freezing cold or rain on a stripped down Harley has lost its charm a bit.  I remember riding with black ice on the road in the early 70's on a 66 Shovelhead jammed into a raked neck 57 Rigid frame, 10 over wide glide front end sitting level, with peanut tank, suicide clutch, and jockey shifter......  Now I know back then how STUPID I WAS... ....But looked real cool... heh he..  

Anyway I remember riding home late one night, slipping a little on black ice, and by the time I got home my fingers were numb and locked up a bit in the Gauntlet gloves.. I remember warming my hands on the heads of the shovelhead a bit with the gloves still on, til I got enough feeling to fish the keys out of my pocket, and darn near ruined the gloves...  Dumb, real Dumb...

Now I would like to think of myself as a lot smarter, to have moved into Baggers in my 50's, and now leaning on 60 have a CVO Ultra Bagger coming, my second Ultra Classic only now the top of the line..  How about you Guys?  I mean I think we ARE SMARTER...  And more experienced.   ;)

Any young fellas with Baggers?  What is your age if you can tell and and are not shy....  :-\

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG

FLHS @ 52 and my kids made fun of me.  Doc
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:49:12 PM by grandpadoc »

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor

First bagger at 41. Not sure if it's smarter, but for me it's just more comfortable. After years of doing pretty much anything that can get you hurt I need comfort now.

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme

37 and got a springer and an ultra.  Take and ride what fits the day/ride best.  Sometimes I feel like being in the wind fighting against nature and other times I enjoy having the radio, gps, and all the other goodies I won't put on the springer.

The best part, I can leave the car behind now when I go to the grocery store.  I find that the bagger's got enough room for what I want to buy.  Any excuse I can find to take a ride, and I'm off.  ;D
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

SmileMaker

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
    • CVO2: 97 FLSTS Blue & White

I was 32 when I bought my first electraglide (1987) now 55 with an FLHTCUSE3 & a 97 FLSTS (geezer glide) :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black

Got a bagger (2011 CVO SESG) and a softtail (2009 FatBoy) best of both worlds. Ride the bagger on long rides and the softtail around town.

crazybob

• 2018 Limited CVO Utra SCREAMIN EAGLE !!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Let's go RIDE!!!!!
    • MD

Had my first dresser in 07, I was 35. Would not have it any other way.LOL..Now 38 and have 2  2011 cvo baggers
18 CVO Ultra limited just picked up!!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

First bagger was a new 88 Electra Glide Classic at 34.
After that a 91 Classic, a 95 Classic, a 98 Ultra, a 2000 Classic, a 2003 Classic, another 2003 Classic, a 2005 SEEG, a 2007 Frontier, another 2005 SEEG, a 2001 SERG, another 2005 SEEG, a 2009 SEUC and now a 2011.5 SEUC.
Has been a great ride for the past 23 years.
The 01 SERG, the 03 Classic and the 05 SEEG are part of the family.
Hopefully I can say the same about the 11.5 someday?
Time will tell.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

wxdude

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6

Got my first bagger at 27, then my seuc6 at 28.  No other way to ride imo.   :orange:
2011 FLHTCUSE6:

Straight stock so far...

ordlord11

• Full CVO Member
  • IYAOYAS I.B.N.F.E Local 8251

• CVO1: 2013 SERK Burgundy Red
    • CVO2: 2009 SEUC Silver/Blue
    • CVO3: non CVO 2007 Road King Classic

My 1st bagger when I was 38
Rinehart TD, SE AC, SERT Dyno Tune, clearview recurve shield

slsecvorg110

• Full CVO Member
  • FLTRSE3 CV0

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3

52 for my first bagger. My 24 year old son told me it was an old mans bike. I recall stopping many times for him to climb off his crotch rocket cause he needed a break. I tried to tell him....oh well...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!

Bagger is the only way to ride!
Orange you glad you got one?  I am!
TTS Mastertune with Fullsac Map. K&N Element.
Fullsac 2" Baffles, Gutted Cat. Bosch Iridium Plugs. 440 Progressive shocks, Passenger floor boards with angle spacers, Driver boards spaced 1". LePera Sorrento Seat. ClearView Re curve wind shield. Mini Beast air horn. Pulsing brake light module. Hyper white head lamps. Detach Chopped Tour Pack. George Anderson Tour Pack Relocator. Wild one 517 bars.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor

First bagger was a new 88 Electra Glide Classic at 34.
After that a 91 Classic, a 95 Classic, a 98 Ultra, a 2000 Classic, a 2003 Classic, another 2003 Classic, a 2005 SEEG, a 2007 Frontier, another 2005 SEEG, a 2001 SERG, another 2005 SEEG, a 2009 SEUC and now a 2011.5 SEUC.

MY HERO  :huepfenjump3:

So what's up with the 2011.5  Mods? Impressions so far ? :nixweiss:

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Very Cool Guys....

"Smilemaker"   I used get "Granny Glide" comments on my Ultra. No "Geezer Glide" calls in Australia, the common one is "Granny Glide" when I had my standard 103 Ultra.

What is funny is: The young ones would ask to sit on it, and make comments on how comfortable it was, but when asked they would exclaim NO WAY Granny Glide... heh he..  I think in truth they were often envious...  ;)

Actually, great responses, and I am stunned by the number of you that have two (or more) Harleys, even two CVOs.... Two Toes, Crazy Bog, SBB,   I was feeling guilty about keeping two but inclined to do it now, so Brothers could fly in and have a scooter to ride... Besides I like my SESG A LOT!!  When I got my 110 cu.in. CVO Street Glide, and just flat blew their doors off, their 74s, 88s, 96s, and 103s, I have not heard a peep of late since my December introduction of the the SESG...  I put the same Hiway Lights on the front, CVO style, but mum is the word:  Not one ribbing of "Granny Glide" on this baby, too fast..   heh he..

Cowboy

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800

I was 36 when I purchased my first Harley Softail Heritage Classic... Love that bike and still ride it occasionally.

I was 43 when I purchased my Ultra and for touring would not use anything else, unless of course it was a CVO Ultra which I now ride most often, when I'm not riding my SEEG.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:09:03 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

HD Kid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Scarlet Red & Charcoal Slate VRSCSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO2: Kryptonite FLHXSE2

25 and LOVING my first bagger, a 2011 kryptonite/black SESG!  Wish i could have afforded to keep my 06 vrscse2, but after getting used to having all this storage space, awesome sound system, comfort, tons of torque, and killer classic good looks, i really dont know when i would ride a second bike. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 20 queries.