Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac Schmullsac!  (Read 7661 times)

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
Re: Fullsac Schmullsac!
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »

Ahh, Just havin' a little fun. I'm bored. It's been raining here forever

After being on this site for some time I'm beginning to regret my decision of not getting the Fullsac stuff. You never know...there could be a Fullsac 2-1-2 header in my future.

Wheelies aside, I could have at least saved myself a bunch of cash.

For those of you with inquiring minds I have V&H Dresser Duals with V&H Hi-Outputs. Good power, runs cool but a little loud at cruise. With just a little touch the of throttle and they really crack. Put on the V&H Quite Baffels (Another $70 bucks). Much better sound and runs much more even on take off.

Yup should have gone with the Fullsac X-pipe, cores and TTS mastertune with Steve's(Fullsac) custom map to match your bike and his parts you bought. It is plug and play, no extra dyno work, and your bike runs much better.

As for the rain, I don't blame you there, I'm stuck in Michigan trying to figure out how to get the Austin TX without riding through hail, tornados, and a bunch of rain. Northern Michigan up by Petosky had a light dusting of snow earlier this week. Today was the first day without rain this week. Still the temp only in the high 50s.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 07:12:17 PM »

Yup should have gone with the Fullsac X-pipe, cores and TTS mastertune with Steve's(Fullsac) custom map to match your bike and his parts you bought. It is plug and play, no extra dyno work, and your bike runs much better.

As for the rain, I don't blame you there, I'm stuck in Michigan trying to figure out how to get the Austin TX without riding through hail, tornados, and a bunch of rain. Northern Michigan up by Petosky had a light dusting of snow earlier this week. Today was the first day without rain this week. Still the temp only in the high 50s.

Hehe...   I think your only hope is to set your compass to north and start driving...  In about a week, you'll hit the southern Texas border!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

MC88

• Junior CVO Member
  • CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 CVO2:2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »

My 2 inch baffles are due to arrive this week..

And my dealer also rang and said the high outputs are in as well so I plan to run the full sac first then the high outputs. Most likely sell the high outputs or keep them for those loud times and have the fullsacs for the long trips.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:47:55 PM by MC88 »

scj

• CVO1: '11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 10:13:59 PM »

Installed my 2" Full Sac cores this evening then took it for the first unrestricted ride; the sound is exactly what I was looking for and the performance increase was nice as well.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 10:26:51 PM »

I kind of did the opposite. I was kind of bored with the Fullsac 2.25" cores, so I just installed some 4" Rineharts tonight.

Don't get me wrong- the Fullsac's did sound nice, and have a good medium volume (IMO), but I don't know, I just wanted something more agressive sounding.

I haven't ridden it yet, but will tomorrow (finally a nice day  :divers009:).

Not sure how much improvement I'll find- the Rineharts definitely sound deeper at idle, and do sound really good with probably the same volume (which is good- I didn't want quieter). I revved it up a but, but it spit out a couple chunks of RTV silicone stuff I put on, so I didn't run it much after- figure I'll let the stuff dry, and wait until tomorrow.

The baffles are almost identical looking (louvered and spiralled), so I really hope there is a noticable difference in sound. Actually, the Rinehart baffles look like a bigger diameter just by eye (they come with the 2.25"), so I wonder if my Fullsac's weren't actually the 2.25" like the previous owner told me?

Dunno, but really looking forward to riding tomorrow- I'll post a review then.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Harley Guy 5

• Full CVO Member
  • Hard Work will get you everything
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 11:17:37 PM »

I was coming home the other night, was behind a car doing about 50mph, had a rice burner be hide me.  I could see he was wanting to hammer around us.
we came up on a area where we could go around the cage, I had the jump on him and i was pulling away from him up to about a 100 when i shut her down. He follow me into town and when we came to the stop light he ask what i had in this thing and those were the best sounding pipes (fullsec 2.25 with X pipe) he ever heard :)  dam its nice to be king of the road :)
2011 FLHTCUSE6
Do I Need To Say More
Aspen Classic Camp Trailer
Bushtec Turbo II
Looking Forward To Counting the White Lines

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »

I was coming home the other night, was behind a car doing about 50mph, had a rice burner be hide me.  I could see he was wanting to hammer around us.
we came up on a area where we could go around the cage, I had the jump on him and i was pulling away from him up to about a 100 when i shut her down. He follow me into town and when we came to the stop light he ask what i had in this thing and those were the best sounding pipes (fullsec 2.25 with X pipe) he ever heard :)  dam its nice to be king of the road :)

Tell him you had a "Fullsac" not a Half-sac   :P

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

I was ready to jump on the "Willy band-wagon".
I was riding with only a "Halfsac", and just by chance was in Laughlin yesterday. Just happened to hear a buddy say that Steve was there and had a booth!
Perfect, this was my opportunity to really unload on him, and tell him his product(s) suck.
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »

Part 2:
Well, after talking to him for a few hours, and him trying to bribe me with a cold, half-eaten burger, free t-shirt, and too many beers, I have to say I'm a believer!
I can be had easy (ask my wife!).
There will be some new videos soon (be patient Willy),
I can't believe how patient this guy can be talking to potential customers at the booth! You know how the general public can be~!!

Steve: I hope your first time in a booth works for you, tell Cammy she was great company. Thanks for the goodies. Glad you had good weather and don't worry about trying to "break even" on the booth, this is just advertising, you know!
I'll try to get Susie out your way soon, she can do the entertaining, and we can talk bikes!
Need some pics of your rat rod.

PS: bike ran awesome with the trailer, in the wind, up hill, on cruise, averaged about 33-39 MPG...pretty damn good at the speed limit.
I can't think of anything else to do with the bike, except, need a thermometer to replace the one I took out.
That oil temp gauge works pretty good, I'm happy, just have to calibrate it to my test probe one of these days.

Mike 8)
HOGMIKE

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »

I kind of did the opposite. I was kind of bored with the Fullsac 2.25" cores, so I just installed some 4" Rineharts tonight.

Don't get me wrong- the Fullsac's did sound nice, and have a good medium volume (IMO), but I don't know, I just wanted something more agressive sounding.

I haven't ridden it yet, but will tomorrow (finally a nice day  :divers009:).

The baffles are almost identical looking (louvered and spiralled), so I really hope there is a noticable difference in sound. Actually, the Rinehart baffles look like a bigger diameter just by eye (they come with the 2.25"), so I wonder if my Fullsac's weren't actually the 2.25" like the previous owner told me?

Dunno, but really looking forward to riding tomorrow- I'll post a review then.

North Star, Ive run both and to my old ears and eyes the fullsac baffles and rineharts ave virtually identical in looks and sound, there is a surprising difference in volume between the 2 in and the 2 1/4 in it sound like you had the 2 in fullsacs.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:42:49 AM by dartman »

MC88

• Junior CVO Member
  • CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 CVO2:2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 06:30:50 AM »

I got my 2 inch baffles this week and at the same time the dealer rang and said he had my  Hi outputs  as well,

First the V&H went on , nice deep rumble  resonably loud and sets off car alarms in my car park.

Second on was the fullsacs , BTW im also running the V&H power duals and the sound is great at idle and  a nice mellow tone through the rev range. No alarms set off in the car park.

So it looks like they will stay on for now , i really like the stock ends of the pipes with the black tips ,.

So its another  :2vrolijk_21: for Steve.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 12:16:31 PM »

Part 2:
Well, after talking to him for a few hours, and him trying to bribe me with a cold, half-eaten burger, free t-shirt, and too many beers, I have to say I'm a believer!
I can be had easy (ask my wife!).
There will be some new videos soon (be patient Willy),
I can't believe how patient this guy can be talking to potential customers at the booth! You know how the general public can be~!!

Steve: I hope your first time in a booth works for you, tell Cammy she was great company. Thanks for the goodies. Glad you had good weather and don't worry about trying to "break even" on the booth, this is just advertising, you know!
I'll try to get Susie out your way soon, she can do the entertaining, and we can talk bikes!
Need some pics of your rat rod.

PS: bike ran awesome with the trailer, in the wind, up hill, on cruise, averaged about 33-39 MPG...pretty damn good at the speed limit.
I can't think of anything else to do with the bike, except, need a thermometer to replace the one I took out.
That oil temp gauge works pretty good, I'm happy, just have to calibrate it to my test probe one of these days.

Mike 8)
Thanks for bringing the cold ones Mike. Laughlin had its moments. Overall the event has dwindled down to a stand off between the cops and
the Bikers. Attendance was way down for a once thriving ralley. Talked to a whole bunch of guys with older bikes and complete obliviation
to cataletic converters and TTS programmers. The old bikes are still alive. My Mustang seat drew considerable attention?
Met a handfull of cool customers, got a vist from Steve @ GMR. Saw some freaks, drank some beers. Good times!

Steve
Fullsac Performance

Thanks Willey for starting this thread!
Just for the record, I have been wheelieing with my girlfriend on the back of my bike since High School.
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

SEgle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3. Deweys Pro Street Heads, Fueling 574 Reaper cam, Smith Bros Adj Push Rods, Woods directional Night Prowler Lifters, Cometic 0.03" Head gasket, D & D Low Cat, SEST, SE Clutch Spring & AIM VPC92T Clutch kit.
    • CVO2: '76 FXE LIberty
    • CVO3: '68 GTO
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 08:24:31 AM »

I Guess every Willy could do with a Fullsac, he he ;D

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 09:17:15 PM »

Thanks for bringing the cold ones Mike. Laughlin had its moments. Overall the event has dwindled down to a stand off between the cops and
the Bikers. Attendance was way down for a once thriving ralley. Talked to a whole bunch of guys with older bikes and complete obliviation
to cataletic converters and TTS programmers. The old bikes are still alive. My Mustang seat drew considerable attention?
Met a handfull of cool customers, got a vist from Steve @ GMR. Saw some freaks, drank some beers. Good times!

Steve
Fullsac Performance

Thanks Willey for starting this thread!
Just for the record, I have been wheelieing with my girlfriend on the back of my bike since High School.
Obviously you've built a great product with a big following. To bad I'm in so deep with V&H Hi-outputs but maybe soon there will be a Fullsac 2-1-2 header in my future.

Keep the wheelies coming!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.