Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Becker's Bagger - 2010 Road Glide Paul Yaffe Built  (Read 7515 times)

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
Re: Becker's Bagger - 2010 Road Glide Paul Yaffe Built
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »

Never again on a CVO.

[/quote]

i can understand your woes... but the 35k you got out of a CVO that was two years old, is a heck of a lot better than what you'll get out of this one.  unless of course you plan on this being the last $50k you spend on a motorcycle, and your going to ride it for the net 15 years.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »

I turned down an Insane Choppers street glide and stuck with my CVO. The price was about the same with the extras I put into the cvo. I'm hopen it works out for me if not......lessen learned and then a full custom.

Nice bike....I met Paul quite a few years ago when he was just starting out. We talked for over an hour and not only about bikes, good guy.
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

kravmaga

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 11:49:51 PM »

You have a beautiful ride.  I've always thought Yaffe did good work - good, expensive, work.  I do think there are many other talented builders who can do the same for much less.  Custom Motorcycle Creations, Lake Ozark, MO.  1-573-365-5233.  three EZ rider cover bikes, 1 biker buildoff bike (mine) and tons others. 

km

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 08:35:58 AM »

This replaces my 2008 CVO Coppertop. (Sold that for 35K with 12k miles) I was into the 2008 for almost 50K by the time it sold.  Why am telling you all this?  Because for a bit more than what I had into the bike I turned this stock RG into something the blows away almost any CVO.

Never again on a CVO.

PS - Don't ask total price.  Call Paul Yaffe he will set you straight (excellent guy, and a talented team in his shop)

Saw this bike on his sit just the other day! congrats on a beautiful bike. One of a kind

HUBRIS

• CVO1: 2010 FLTRX - Paul Yaffe
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »

The point of my post --- a few of the guys on this board seem to have the money to sink into these bikes, so I wanted to share my joy.  After I did my first CVO, and had about 50K into it, and saw my "limited edition" custom bike everywhere I looked, it was really disappointing to see it again, and again, and again. Loved it, but love this more.

Second point -- Paul and his team did a hell of job, and were truly great to work with, so I figured I owed him at least some word of mouth.  Great people.

Hubris -- that was the name of my first harley.  It was play on words about how many people view these bikes.  Obviously true with all the quick-witted personal jabs from the overly proud on this board! :P

Let's just ride.  I agree with that.  I rode it from Phoenix to Chicago in three days, and loved every minute of it.

Nada Value, what these sell for, what we all sink into them, etc...  This is a drug habit -- simple as that.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:25:19 PM by HUBRIS »
If you need a helping hand, you can find one at the end of your arm.

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 07:39:25 PM »

The point of my post --- a few of the guys on this board seem to have the money to sink into these bikes, so I wanted to share my joy.  After I did my first CVO, and had about 50K into it, and saw my "limited edition" custom bike everywhere I looked, it was really disappointing to see it again, and again, and again. Loved it, but love this more.

Second point -- Paul and his team did a hell of job, and were truly great to work with, so I figured I owed him at least some word of mouth.  Great people.

Hubris -- that was the name of my first harley.  It was play on words about how many people view these bikes.  Obviously true with all the quick-witted personal jabs from the overly proud on this board! :P

Let's just ride.  I agree with that.  I rode it from Phoenix to Chicago in three days, and loved every minute of it.

Nada Value, what these sell for, what we all sink into them, etc...  This is a drug habit -- simple as that.

I'm sure everyone was just having a lil' fun Hubris!!!

Sweeeeeeeeeet ride! Holler if you're ever in my neck of the woods, I'd love to ride next to that bad A$$ scooter for a bit!!! Real head turner you've got there!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 11:03:27 PM »

This is a drug habit -- simple as that.

Amen to that.  I'm on doctor's orders not to ride for another week.  But it was gorgeous today and it had been a week.  So a couple tank fulls couldn't really hurt anything...  :huepfenlol2:

And the new bike does look exceptional.  The trailer behind it just extends that long sweeping look even more.  Do the narrow sidewalls make the ride a little hard?  Or does she still feel good?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 09:49:35 AM »

I like it.  Not saying I would spend that amt. of $$$ on it (if I could), but it is maxed out on the cool & different factor.  And that's what you were looking for so I'd say you got a winner.  Custom bikes should be one off to truly be 'custom', that's why we all spend add'l. $$$ and time to modify these Custom Vehicle Operations models that we purchase to personalize them and make them a bit different than all the hundreds of others with the same paint schemes, etc.  But, we don't do it as an 'investment' much caring about the NADA value for resale, now do we?  Very few custom bikes on this level are built by the owner, but rather a team of experienced craftsmen and they must charge accordingly for their work...hence the unbelieveable price tag.  Same with custom knives, guns, cars, etc.  I love to look at 'em in the bike shows and in a earlier time in my life would love to have had one to ride.  I'm just impressed that you rode it for 3 days back to Chicago instead of shipping it or trailering it.  :2vrolijk_21: Congrats !!!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

HUBRIS

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »

Amen to that.  I'm on doctor's orders not to ride for another week.  But it was gorgeous today and it had been a week.  So a couple tank fulls couldn't really hurt anything...  :huepfenlol2:

And the new bike does look exceptional.  The trailer behind it just extends that long sweeping look even more.  Do the narrow sidewalls make the ride a little hard?  Or does she still feel good?

With the trailer loaded right (weight over axle and rear tire, I was able to cruise about 75-80 without even knowing it was behind me.  That is with that 26" wheel out front, and all of the extra rake.  Having said that, through Texas - -the wind was brutal.  More like 65-70, but still stable.  It is heavy out front at low speeds, and the thin rubber out front is noticeable when you get some bumps.

The air system on it (platinum I think?) has a lower and upper air bag, so you put air under it, and then inflate the air bag over to keep down pressure -- really helps with the "pogo stick affect.

HUBRIS

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 03:51:01 PM »

Saw this bike on his sit just the other day! congrats on a beautiful bike. One of a kind

Link to web site for all the pics.

http://www.baggernation.com/1110-bb/

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »

Lots of gorgeous detail! Very well done!

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »

I like the GPS mount!   :2vrolijk_21:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 11:04:35 AM »

Go to this link for a lot of pix!!!!!!!

http://www.baggernation.com/1110-bb/

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »

Awesome.  Won't ever lose that bad boy in a sea of Harleys...

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »

Very nice!!!!  Congratulations on a beautiful scoot.....   :2vrolijk_21:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.