Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detailing after Glare  (Read 1957 times)

Rickasha

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
Detailing after Glare
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »

Just applied Glare Polish to my bike, really liking the look it gives the bike!!! Wondering whats the best detailer to use for maintaining the look?

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Hi my name is Perry and I am the chemist for Glare. Please use our Rapid Action for maintaining the bike etc. Whatever you do please do not use any wax products over Glare as it will hinder the Gloss as wax melts in the Sun at low temperatures Glare is Heat Reistant to 650 degrees F. and can be put on in the Sun or Shade and exhaust pipes as well. We appreciate your business and your welcome to call anytime if you or any CVO Harley memeber has Questions I would be happy to  answer them!!

We are now giving a 15% Discount from today though June 1 on orders $90 and up, for Fathers day. Orders under $90 receive the usual 10% CVO HARLEY Discount. Please call us to order as our coupoun code on the website is still not working. Thank you all for being our valued customers.

Best Regards,
Perry Stevens
Chief Chemist
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:01:42 PM by Glare »

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

We are not giving a 15% Discount from today though June 1, for Fathers day. Please call us to order as our coupoun code on the website is still not working. Thank you all for being our valued customers.

Best Regards,
Perry Stevens
Chief Chemist

Thanks Perry.  Did you mean to say "are" rather than "are not?" 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Thanks Perry.  Did you mean to say "are" rather than "are not?"  

Attorneys......always cross examining.   :nervous:

Greg, I think he meant the code isn't working on their web site so if you want the discount you have to call them.  He's a chemist not an attorney.....so he didn't have all his t's dotted and eyes crossed.....or something like that. :zroflmao:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Detailing after Glare
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 02:08:43 PM »

Heck, my eyes are crossed alot!   ???   ???

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Thundercloud

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 05:35:57 PM »

Question for you guys, I just ordered Glare to use on my brand new CVO Road Glide and was wondering when applying it to a brand new bike, I know you need to wash with Dawn or something to remove the wax first, but do you need to do the first step they mention, or can you just apply it as you would normally wax a bike?????

Thanks in advance,
TC

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Thanks Perry.  Did you mean to say "are" rather than "are not?"  

Yes, sorry . I meant now and I typed not.  I did correct that in the previous post . Thanks for your correction to my erroneous error.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »

Question for you guys, I just ordered Glare to use on my brand new CVO Road Glide and was wondering when applying it to a brand new bike, I know you need to wash with Dawn or something to remove the wax first, but do you need to do the first step they mention, or can you just apply it as you would normally wax a bike?????

Thanks in advance,
TC
Just follow the instructions to the letter on the bottle.  The 1st step is the 'bonding' step and would be just as important on any 1st application regardless of the age of the paint.  I would prolly let the paint 'age' a bit before applying anything other than mild soap & water.  Paints cure at different rates depending on types, but I know that the paint on my CVO hardened for a few months it seemed and was quite 'soft' when I first got it.  My buddy had a couple of thumb prints in the clear of his '05 CVO when we 1st looked at it, but as it aged  they disappeared totally w/o doing anything to them other than mild washes.  That's my 'take' on it....others may have different opinions.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Thanks Perry.  Did you mean to say "are" rather than "are not?" 

Now should of been there in place of not. This has been corrected in my previous post. Thanks for bringing that mistake up.

mike5511

Hi my name is Perry and I am the chemist for Glare. Please use our Rapid Action for maintaining the bike etc. Whatever you do please do not use any wax products over Glare as it will hinder the Gloss as wax melts in the Sun at low temperatures Glare is Heat Reistant to 650 degrees F. and can be put on in the Sun or Shade and exhaust pipes as well. We appreciate your business and your welcome to call anytime if you or any CVO Harley memeber has Questions I would be happy to  answer them!!

We are now giving a 15% Discount from today though June 1 on orders $90 and up, for Fathers day. Orders under $90 receive the usual 10% CVO HARLEY Discount. Please call us to order as our coupoun code on the website is still not working. Thank you all for being our valued customers.

Best Regards,
Perry Stevens
Chief Chemist

How does Glare compare to Rejex?

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.