Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: .  (Read 2330 times)

egultrac

« on: May 13, 2011, 04:34:12 PM »

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:10:45 PM by egultrac »
08 FLHTCUSE3, 09 FLHTCUSE4, 15 FLTRUSE, 17 FLHTKSE, 19 FLHTKSE, 19 FLTRXSE.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Problems with power saddle bag locks.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:23:21 PM »

You are doing better than me,
my tour packs locks by itself when I ride and the saddle bags rarely lock at all

I know that the latch paw on the tour pack is loose,
so it drops down all of the time
and those pesky little wiring connectors behind the saddle bags always come loose.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

highwayking

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHTCUSE2 - Red
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:33:48 AM »

Make sure the connectors are tight.  They should click when you connect them to the wiring harness ends. 

dadof2

• MS
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »

Could the vibration of the bike be causing the cable from the actuator and locking mechanism to gradually retract? Don't really know proper terms but I'm still trying to figure these locks out. The locks on my 10cuse only have 1 notch for the key. I can insert the key and turn it , but it has to come back to original position to remove it. How are we to manually operate these locks if there is a malfunction? 

dadof2

• MS
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »

Thanks egaltrac, I'll try that.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:04:11 PM »

Could the vibration of the bike be causing the cable from the actuator and locking mechanism to gradually retract? Don't really know proper terms but I'm still trying to figure these locks out. The locks on my 10cuse only have 1 notch for the key. I can insert the key and turn it , but it has to come back to original position to remove it. How are we to manually operate these locks if there is a malfunction? 

Regardless of whether the power locks are working or not, you can always manually lock or unlock the saddle bags or tour pack, unless the locking mechanisms are broken.  Manual locking is independent of the power locks.  Don't ask me how I know.   ::)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »

Regardless of whether the power locks are working or not, you can always manually lock or unlock the saddle bags or tour pack, unless the locking mechanisms are broken.  Manual locking is independent of the power locks.  Don't ask me how I know.   ::):devil:
OK- if he wont Charlie I will.  Hope thats not something in any near furture. How you doing you Ole Devil  :2vrolijk_21:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 05:29:30 PM »

OK- if he wont Charlie I will.  Hope thats not something in any near furture. How you doing you Ole Devil  :2vrolijk_21:

Doing great Greg...haven't seen you around here for awhile, what ya been up to?  I know about the locks through some of my own actions, or in-actions as the case may be.   :-[

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.