Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Bike in shop and guess what- needs compensator replaced - so SE or no? non CVO  (Read 4791 times)

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
  • Retired Army (ARMOR) CBT Vet

They can order the parts under a down bike and have the parts shipped next day .  Dealer does it for me.

I ask them about that one and it'd be another $45..since its raining through the end of the week, and i dont depend on it for commuting, I passed..maybe thats too much penny pinching, but its $45 I can use to pay for the SE comp!!

FYI, derby and gasket set I bought were MoCo items, 103 cover off 2011 bikes...aftermarket items I can understand why they wouldnt want to do it...

I would have thought that 'swapping' parts between regional stores would be a good thing...gets the customer back on the road sooner ( :bananarock:), frees up a mechanic and shop time (so they can make more green)...

The extra charge for the Se comp was $100...difference between the retail of the stock and the retail of the SE...was hoping for No Charge as a few others have received, but overall I have no problem with paying a HD ($100) for what I consider to be an upgrade...

They are also replacing the stator, rear brake switch, oil cooler gaskets...maybe I'll have it back by the end of next week :'(

gunlvr

If you are just getting some simple things done like changing tires or even the compensator then just say to hell with the dealer. I don't know about where you folks are from, but there are lots  of independant bike shops where I live that would gladly install tires or the compesator for a lot less than the dealer will charge. Dealerships are always way over inflated with their price. That is how they pay for their pristine showroom with leather couches for you to sit on while they rack up your hourly labor fee.

mastergunnera8

• Full CVO Member
  • Retired Army (ARMOR) CBT Vet

.All that stuff I was getting done with the comp was under warranty...I do support a local indy in Fredericksburg, VA...he started up his shop this year..I use him for all my fluids and anything else that isnt warranty/ESP related..
He's Awesome!!!

If you're around Northern VA, the shop is called Olde Towne cycles off Rt17 less than 1 mile off I95

Brian is an incredible guy, him and his wife run the place...

Here's a link:

http://oldetownecycle.com/

oneday0211

• CVO1: 2011 Ultra Classic Screaming Eagle

Mastegunner which dealer is your bike at? I know my local dealer whitts here in Manassas does the same no installed parts not bought from there parts department. I will have to check out olde towne cycle.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member

:cherry:
I have an '09 SE Ultra,  and had the SE comp put on mine during a recent 30T gear swap.  If you still believe the (stock) comp is all ya need,  have I got a deal for you......... :drink:

Finster101

• Full CVO Member

What's going on with these things?  I have 30K on my 08 RG.  The comp, primary bearings, clutch hub and primary chain are all being replaced.  Thankfully I have an extended warranty.  I did all my own work till I bought this bike.  I am a tech at a Cadillac dealership and decided I was just going to ride this one.  Glad I did.

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner

If you are just getting some simple things done like changing tires or even the compensator then just say to hell with the dealer. I don't know about where you folks are from, but there are lots  of independant bike shops where I live that would gladly install tires or the compesator for a lot less than the dealer will charge. Dealerships are always way over inflated with their price. That is how they pay for their pristine showroom with leather couches for you to sit on while they rack up your hourly labor fee.

I wouldn't let my local H-D dealer wash mine, much less wrench on it !
 :2vrolijk_21:
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept

Finster101

• Full CVO Member

Bike is still in the shop.  Clutch hub is on national backorder.  That tells me there is a problem.  Release date is the 27th so hopefully I will be up and running soon.  This sucks.  I ride every day,  I'm jonseing.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.