Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: I'm ok. Twolane  (Read 8830 times)

harleydiva

Re: I'm ok. Twolane
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »

Don, I'm sure it's taking time to adjust to the surreal changes in Joplin.  It is heartwarming that people are coming together to help each other.  People from all over the U.S. came to Sweet Home Alabama to help and now our Southerners are returning the kind gestures.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2011, 11:21:13 AM »

Don, I'm sure it's taking time to adjust to the surreal changes in Joplin.  It is heartwarming that people are coming together to help each other.  People from all over the U.S. came to Sweet Home Alabama to help and now our Southerners are returning the kind gestures.

Thanks Diva.  And it's true, volunteers and other assistance from all over the country.  Just today the nut jobs from the Westboro Baptist Church and President Obama are coming to visit.  Quite frankly I could do without the posturing of either one.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »

I wonder if WBC is coming with a trailer of free generators and a truck full of ice?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »

Thanks Diva.  And it's true, volunteers and other assistance from all over the country.  Just today the nut jobs from the Westboro Baptist Church and President Obama are coming to visit.  Quite frankly I could do without the posturing of either one.

What he really said.

Thanks Diva.  And it's true, volunteers and other assistance from all over the country.  Just today the nut jobs , Westboro Baptist Church and President Obama, are coming to visit.  Quite frankly I could do without the posturing of either one.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »

Well Don looks like Joplin's problems are solved OBAMA made it....

Hopefully he will fund some money that way.....
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2011, 04:00:25 PM »

Well Don looks like Joplin's problems are solved OBAMA made it....

Hopefully he will fund some money that way.....
I heard Congress wasn't going to let him have any more $$$$..  ???  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2011, 04:18:09 PM »

I heard Congress wasn't going to let him have any more $$$$..  ???  spyder

That would be a shame....... There is a lot of volunteers there helping now, but that's only going to last so long, it will take years to rebuild.

My heart go out for the ones that are affected by this tragedy.

Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »

That would be a shame....... There is a lot of volunteers there helping now, but that's only going to last so long, it will take years to rebuild.

My heart go out for the ones that are affected by this tragedy.

Screw the longer term and larger scale rebuilding.  That's always a much more individual effort anyway.

Charlie can speak to this better than anyone else.  But from what I've read and speaking with a couple buddies that are Committee staffers on the Hill FEMA will likely need additional funding just to handle current support and mass demolition efforts for the ongoing incidents around the country.  And that's without even addressing the upcoming hurricane season or other emergencies that might occur.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »

Screw the longer term and larger scale rebuilding.  That's always a much more individual effort anyway.

Charlie can speak to this better than anyone else.  But from what I've read and speaking with a couple buddies that are Committee staffers on the Hill FEMA will likely need additional funding just to handle current support and mass demolition efforts for the ongoing incidents around the country.  And that's without even addressing the upcoming hurricane season or other emergencies that might occur.
You're right Don.  With the spring floodings and the tornados in AL, MO, MS, and OK, the Disaster Relief Fund, which is set by law at $1B, has been pretty much used up already.  Fortunately, Congress has never let us down and have replenished the fund in the past.  Hurricane season starts in 2 days, I hope the spring weather isn't a sign of what's to come.   :-\

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2011, 10:39:51 PM »

You're right Don.  With the spring floodings and the tornados in AL, MO, MS, and OK, the Disaster Relief Fund, which is set by law at $1B, has been pretty much used up already.  Fortunately, Congress has never let us down and have replenished the fund in the past.  Hurricane season starts in 2 days, I hope the spring weather isn't a sign of what's to come.   :-\

Read a CR piece suggesting the House would pull the next FEMA funding from a DOE program.  Everyone says the White House isn't going to submit a supplemental though.  This will be a time we could really stand for hurricanes and the western wildfires to take a year off.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2011, 06:05:34 PM »

Read a CR piece suggesting the House would pull the next FEMA funding from a DOE program.  Everyone says the White House isn't going to submit a supplemental though.  This will be a time we could really stand for hurricanes and the western wildfires to take a year off.

Fortunately, we've dodged the bullet for the last two hurricane seasons, it's been very quiet from a FEMA standpoint.  I don't know how much longer our luck can hold out.  With the way the weather has been this spring, I'm hoping that's not a sign of things to come.

2012 FLHXSE3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2011, 11:03:15 PM »

Fortunately, we've dodged the bullet for the last two hurricane seasons, it's been very quiet from a FEMA standpoint.  I don't know how much longer our luck can hold out.  With the way the weather has been this spring, I'm hoping that's not a sign of things to come.

Amen to that Charlie.  It's an odd homage to Calvin Coolidge, but it's true: What's good for FEMA is good for America :2vrolijk_21: .

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »

Amen to that Charlie.  It's an odd homage to Calvin Coolidge, but it's true: What's good for FEMA is good for America :2vrolijk_21: .

You got that right Don.  If we're not busy, that's a good thing.  Things must be starting to stabilize in Joplin, I noticed that we're moving assets around.  That's usually a good sign.

2012 FLHXSE3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

You got that right Don.  If we're not busy, that's a good thing.  Things must be starting to stabilize in Joplin, I noticed that we're moving assets around.  That's usually a good sign.

Have noticed the same here Charlie.  Looks like Prepositioned sets have started arriving.  The Corps announced a contract with Weston for larger scale demo efforts too.  Seeing the landscape begin to really change will be a good thing.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »

Have noticed the same here Charlie.  Looks like Prepositioned sets have started arriving.  The Corps announced a contract with Weston for larger scale demo efforts too.  Seeing the landscape begin to really change will be a good thing.

Fortunately, much can be rebuilt or replaced, it's only lives that can't be...that's always the part that's the hardest to take when you're in this business.

2012 FLHXSE3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 20 queries.