Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: 77 miles and already had first accident...  (Read 3962 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: 77 miles and already had first accident...
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »

Welcome to the site.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

gmills

• Full CVO Member
  • from the new jersey shore
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:12 AM »

I had a mishap the first 20 miles, had about $4,000 in replacing parts plus labor,
If you get a bid from the dealer turn that into Insurance, they will pay you on that.
Then go to the parts counter and ask for 20% off on the parts, and install your own parts if you are handy with fixing things
I save enough to buy more chrome :)

would not put that in a general message it's insurance fraud
moose aka glenn at the New Jersey Shore

fast96

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Mako Shark
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »

well at least the first scratch is out of the way and you didnt get hurt! Welcome to the site from Sunny Scottsdale AZ! :coolblue:
Any day Racin or Ridin is better than workin!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about your mishap at DD... welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jiml53

• 1K CVO Member
  • Silent Service

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 blk #535
    • CVO2: '02 FXDX-T
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »

Sorry about your mishap...but welcome to the site from Southern Indiana.    :jalapeno:

jim   :coolblue:
Deep Silent Fast Deadly

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »

Sorry to hear about your accident but you're OK! Welcome to the Forum from Indy! Happy Memorial Day to everyone!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Zee110

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »

Its allways the first dings that hurt the most   :(  WELCOME TO THE SITE FROM ALBERTA  :2vrolijk_21:

Tweet

• Tweet
  • 1K CVO Member
    • WY

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 10:49:34 AM »

Welcome to site from Wyoming! Glad you were not hurt in the accident. :2vrolijk_21:

Mount'nman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: FXSBSE (2014)
    • Family Web Site
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 12:02:28 AM »

Howdy From Colorado
Bike... and family protected by Ruger

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 07:32:28 AM »

Welcome to the site from South Louisiana...Laisse-Les-Bon-Temps-Roulee...      :2vrolijk_21:

oldrocker

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 FLTRUSE Fullsac X-pipe, Andrews 54 Cams, Fu
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 07:35:13 AM »

Too many idiots in this world Mogulbumm! I feel your pain! I had a 85 Wideglide that got taken out by a two time DUI cager. After I got put back together and the bike got put back together (both of which took about a year), i was out riding and stopped at a 7-11, I came out just in time to see a lady in a Cadillac back out of a parking spot straight back and nail my bike. It went down really hard. I had purposely parked in a remote corner but she found me anyways. She starts driving away without even getting out to look at the damage she caused. I got her stopped by beating on the side and window of her car and spewing loud profanity. Fortunately, there was an off duty cop that had just driven in that saw the whole thing and he intervened before the episode escalated into a murder scene. Her reply to the cop was "I didn't hit it that hard so I didn't think there would be any damage."  I'm glad you weren't hurt which is the improtant thing but I still feel your pain!!! I wish you incident free riding from here on out.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »

Too many idiots in this world Mogulbumm! I feel your pain! I had a 85 Wideglide that got taken out by a two time DUI cager. After I got put back together and the bike got put back together (both of which took about a year), i was out riding and stopped at a 7-11, I came out just in time to see a lady in a Cadillac back out of a parking spot straight back and nail my bike. It went down really hard. I had purposely parked in a remote corner but she found me anyways. She starts driving away without even getting out to look at the damage she caused. I got her stopped by beating on the side and window of her car and spewing loud profanity. Fortunately, there was an off duty cop that had just driven in that saw the whole thing and he intervened before the episode escalated into a murder scene. Her reply to the cop was "I didn't hit it that hard so I didn't think there would be any damage."  I'm glad you weren't hurt which is the improtant thing but I still feel your pain!!! I wish you incident free riding from here on out.
Good Grief, OldRocker.  And I'm sure that the 'lady' that mowed down the scooter just got a safe moving violation and her insurance premiems maybe went up for a few years.  No real consequences (since the off-duty LEO saved her and you).  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

oldrocker

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 FLTRUSE Fullsac X-pipe, Andrews 54 Cams, Fu
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

Well Spyder it went like this. She was ticketed for failure to have insurance (it had lapsed and she didn't renew). I got stuck with the deductable ($500.00). When all was said and done, I lost and she had to pay a fine. Her car was towed to the police pound until she could show proof of insurance. Hey, at least it wasn't a CVO!

John

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2011, 10:42:09 AM »

Well Spyder it went like this. She was ticketed for failure to have insurance (it had lapsed and she didn't renew). I got stuck with the deductable ($500.00). When all was said and done, I lost and she had to pay a fine. Her car was towed to the police pound until she could show proof of insurance. Hey, at least it wasn't a CVO!

John
Well, you've got a much better attitude than I would have...I commend you for that.  Something is way wrong with our justice system in this country when it comes to vehicle operators.  :-[ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2011, 10:59:47 AM »

HillBilly hello from TN.

Pretty heavy and your a strong guy. Love it, me too I thought. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

The first time I let mine fall I was up front on a ride or 120 bikes and as it leaned over I held with all my might not letting it go over all the way. I could not get it back up but was glad I did not let it fall. When I gave up and let it fall I noticed that it did not go over any further. It was resting on the crash bar and I was not holding anything. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

My pride was devastated and I wished I could disappear. :nervous: Good to not be hurt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 25 queries.