Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: CVO FATBOY TO CVO STREET GLIDE ?  (Read 5327 times)

fatboy63

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTFSE
CVO FATBOY TO CVO STREET GLIDE ?
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »

Hi,
I am trying to decide whether to trade my 2005 CVO Fatboy for 2011 Krypto Glide, the problem is I love my Fatboy and even after 4 years I still get a kick out of riding it. But on the other hand I am becoming increasingly attracted to the Street Glide especially as have started to do some more long distance European Rallies in the last 2 years PLUS I have found a new Krypto in dealers at £2,000 UNDER list...... Decisions Decisions....

Anybody else gone from a Fatty to a Glide ??

I SHOULD KEEP THE FB AND BUY THE GLIDE...
Only a biker truely understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window :-)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Re: CVO FATBOY TO CVO STREET GLIDE ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »

this would be a real easy choice for me .. Duh.. KRYPTONITE.. JUS MY OPINION

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:33:35 PM »

Easy choice... keep both!   

If you can only have one, get the SESG.  You'll love the fairing, windshield, stereo, new frame, etc.  If you really like to ride, you'll eventually get on a touring bike. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »

I went from a Fatboy to a SG. I was looking to move up but didn't want a full dresser, I wasn't ready to make such a bold move. Then I saw and rode the street glide with its aggressive looks and what I think is sporty handling. I traded my 07 FB for a 09 SG then a 10 SG and now a 11 Krypto SESG which I absolutely love! I still miss my Fatty (mostly because of the color) but to me the glide has so much more to offer, radio, cruise, antilock brakes, killer looks and a ride you cant even compare to a FB.  I love riding mine, love the looks and comments on my bike, I am very biased of my Krypto and plan to keep it for a couple years.  BUT I am going to Sturgis this year and will be checking out the 12s, soooooo  we will see.
You have to follow your gut instinct, take everyones comments with as we say "a grain of salt".  In my opinion you cant go wrong with the SESG.
Good luck
Wayne

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »

Had a 2000 FB, a few bikes later a 2008 Street Glide, now a 2011 SESG in MY opinion I would never go back! The SESG is the best of both worlds!! Now, if you don't need to sell the SEFB, that makes this very simple...... KEEP BOTH :2vrolijk_21: Ride safe!

pweber6

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 12:06:37 AM »

I have and kept both. Different rides, but the CVO street glide is very, very nice and if I had to pick one....SG wins.

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »

If you can afford too - easy decision & keep both - best of both worlds - amazing - here I am with my CVO SG & would like a fat boy also……….spooky!
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »

If you can afford it, keep your Fatboy and buy the Streetglide. I'll bet after a short while you'll figure out why you never ride the trusty old FB.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »

Been there done that, literally.

I'm sure the change to the Streetglide would make you happy for sure, but like you I would also miss the Fatty. My situation being a little different but kind of the same brought me to having an 04 seeg and an 05 sefb. In my case I sold 3 bikes getting down to now these two. I was intending to sell the sefb finding it holding no value hence selling my wife's 05 deluxe my BMW and a Suzuki. It was tough at the time with all the money I have rapped up in these two bikes but today I'm glad it worked out the way it did. For me the seeg has its purpose and the sefb has its purpose and I love both these bikes. Still modifying these bikes to get them to my liking these will most likely be with me till the day I'm pushing flowers......

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 09:00:50 PM »

Easy choice... keep both!   

If you can only have one, get the SESG.  You'll love the fairing, windshield, stereo, new frame, etc.  If you really like to ride, you'll eventually get on a touring bike. 
X2 Keep both! At least for six months or a year, you can always sell the Fatboy later if the need arises.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »

did the same thing myself,bought the SESG before Xmas and wasn't wanting to let go the 03  100 yr anniversary  Heritage so I decided to keep it for at least a year or so until I make up my mind completely if I want to sell or hang on to it.I still get a buzz out riding the old girl even after hoping of the amazing SG. If you can afford it hold on and enjoy the joys that both bikes give you.
I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 09:16:04 AM »

I agree with the other post. If you can afford both, do it. I have a Softail Deluxe and a SG. Love them both. The only problem I have is when I wake up in the morning I have to make a decision on which bike am I going to ride today. Mainly it is a distance decision. I use the SG for the longer trips and the softail for around town. If I had to choose and could only keep one, I would keep the CVO SG.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:21:11 AM by CUL8R »

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »

Keep both.

If money is not a problem and just put insurance on the one bike for now. When things get better you will still have both bikes. :bananarock:

fatboy63

• Full CVO Member

• CVO2: 2005 FLSTFSE
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »

Thanks guys for all your messages...

I agree with most of you that I should keep the FB and look to add the Street Glide to my garage, now the tricky part is getting away with it so my other half doesn't realise EXACTLY how much I am spending....epecially as I have been promising to replace the bathrooms in the house for the last 12 months :huepfenlol2:  I always say we can't afford it at the moment, hmm I will have to think of a cunning plan  :2vrolijk_21:

Only a biker truely understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window :-)

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

keep em all and just keep adding
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.