Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: California Ride  (Read 2875 times)

cigarmike

Re: California Ride
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 01:57:45 PM »

Was visiting Dron's yesterday and was informed that the service manager in question has resigned.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Good, Then Im only looking at 1 charge of felony aggragated asphalt instead of 2 now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:58:44 AM by cigarmike »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 05:49:33 PM »

Was visiting Dron's yesterday and was informed that the service manager in question has resigned.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Ohh.....he must read this site. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]   I heard Mike's wife say he's just a big ol' teddy bear. [smiley=nervous.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 02:59:34 AM »

YES !!! Cigar Mike has made a difference in Oakland [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] !!Hope to make at least the welcoming committee as well.
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 01:06:26 AM »

Hey! bigdog
Sounds like a good excuse for a ride, Hope to make it there also. If your still interested in the Eureka area I can help you there I used to work up there for a number of years.

Don    ( ISelBulls )

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »

Thanks Don
 I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. I guess we won't be able to make it to Yosemite till late in the day so there goes our tour guide. How far is it to Yosemite from Oakland time wise?
 The Redwoods should be quite a site I'm told. I visited Muir Woods last time out and those were pretty neat.

Bob

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 12:51:10 PM »

Thanks Don
 I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. I guess we won't be able to make it to Yosemite till late in the day so there goes our tour guide. How far is it to Yosemite from Oakland time wise?
 The Redwoods should be quite a site I'm told. I visited Muir Woods last time out and those were pretty neat.

Bob

Yosemite from Bob Droan's is roughly about three to three and a half hours.  I'd suggest riding in and going straight up to Glacier Point.  Be sure to take the little walking trail and walk out on the point.......you can look straight down the side of a sheer granite wall into the Yosemite Valley below.

Sounds like you're going to have quite the little welcoming party when you get to Droans. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 03:10:18 PM »

Packing for the trip- Should we bring heavy jackets or will a light medium jacket be OK? Does it get cold? Living in Florida you get used to 90 with 90 humidity everyday. Oh and it's going to rain at some point almost everyday.

I'm trying to keep my wife from packing too much  ::) Yea that'll happen.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 03:15:41 PM »

[highlight]Living in Florida you get used to 90 with 90 humidity everyday[/highlight]

You're gonna freeze in Frisco Dude.   [smiley=nervous.gif]

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 12:46:22 PM »

Yea I've been there it does get cold. How about farther north- Eureka area? Do I have to worry to much? I don't need alot of cover but the wife freezes here.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 08:22:14 PM »

Yea I've been there it does get cold. How about farther north- Eureka area? Do I have to worry to much? I don't need alot of cover but the wife freezes here.

That depends on if you're riding inland (the Sacramento valley) or along the coast.  The coast can be foggy and cold.  San Francisco is pretty consistent between a low of about 60 and a high of about 80.  There are exceptions to that but not too often.

West Coast GTG   

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 10:22:05 PM »

Dog,
JC is right, if you're going up the coast line, bring some warm(er) clothing and definitely layering is in. It gets chilly and foggy even in the summer in places. Let me know if you want some local 'cultural' recommendations up in the Eureka area, have a brother that lives in that area and can help steer you in the right direction.
Joe

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 10:30:46 PM »

That depends on if you're riding inland (the Sacramento valley) or along the coast.  The coast can be foggy and cold.  San Francisco is pretty consistent between a low of about 60 and a high of about 80.  There are exceptions to that but not too often.

80 ??????????  when is that ?  every fourth year on a wednesday at 2PM in August ! 2PM Saturday May 27th Sittin in bright sunshine at SFSU about 10 miles inland The temp ? A whoppin 68  yee freakin ha  and if your right on the water - - - - - - -  there's an old saying about San Francisco that goes something like this. "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco " Nuff said !

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 06:01:25 PM »

Thanks for the info. We are planning on Yosemite  JC then head north. We do plan on hitting the coast on the way back to Oakland so I'll bring my jacket.

Joe that would be great. We don't really know where to stay or where to go so any info is appreciated.

Hope to meet some of you in Oakland and on rides in the future.

LOL Spider

Bob

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 01:30:22 AM »

[highlight]Joe that would be great. We don't really know where to stay or where to go so any info is appreciated[/highlight]

Bob,
Sent you PM, my brother is returning home (Eureka area) later this week and I'll get update from him on best places up that direction, etc. Mendocino, Redwoods, and coastline are some starters.

Joe

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 06:34:32 PM »

Thanks Joe,
 I also wondered if there are alot of places to get lodging? One of my buddies is worried we won't find any and wants to book rooms. I like to ride and where I end up I look for a room, don't have to worry about a schedule that way just go and enjoy the ride.

I noticed on pashnit a ride from 5 west on 36 that looks pretty nice. Anybody have feedback on this route?

Bob (Bigdog)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.