Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: My FLHXCUSE  (Read 10461 times)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: My FLHXCUSE
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

Rich, thanks for the additional pictures showing more of the details of your terrific SESG2.

Carl

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »

Thanks, and I was very close to getting your 09 Ultra CVO, same color and all, but ended up with the street glide -- I love that paint job on the 09,

not much of a fan of the 2012s paint schemes.

the attached is the my all time favorite paint scheme.

2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

TheLoneWolfPack

• The Lone Wolf
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 08:10:44 PM »

I notice that you kept your HK head unit.  Was there any particular reason?  I see posts saying to replace this unit, but from my research, it does not seem there are no other head units that will handle the elements (i.e. rain) as well as the HK unit.  Was this a factor in your decision?

Again, what an outstanding job on your bike!
2011 FLHXSE2, 113 Torque Pounds, Screamin’ Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Vanc & Hines Power Chamber, Rinehart 4", Sundowner Seat, Standard Backrest, FLHX Passenger Floor Boards, Garmin 665 Weather/Nav, 10" Windshield, Fairing, Air Deflectors,

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2011, 12:00:30 AM »

One of the best looking bikes period!  Nice job!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: My FLHXCUSEO
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2011, 05:14:20 AM »

See?  It's a really pretty Ultra and a SG when you want one.    I know the O/B gets a lot of attention on here.   But I always liked this color the best in the 11s. You did an amazing job and the details are impeccable.  I don't think you could have made it better.   :2vrolijk_21:

rutterzcvo

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 08:57:40 AM »

Rich,
Outstanding job! Just one beautiful bike!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:59:23 AM by rutterzcvo »

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »

Rich,
Outstanding job! Just one beautiful bike!

Hey Mike ...

Just saw your pics ... AWESOME!
Looks like I may need to step mine up a bit!!

:) :) :)
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2011, 07:45:46 PM »

Seat, backrest, tourpak backrest all from 2010 FLHTCUSE5.
Polk 6.5" DXi650 speakers mounted in pods driven by Arc 125.2 in Tour Pak (all quick disconnects under seat)

TIF2 - what cabling did you use to supply the power for the lights in your Tour Pak? Does the CVO SG have the cabling already, or did you have to buy a H-D harness or make up your own wiring? If you made your own, would you mind sharing where you spliced into the wiring for the lights. My Tour Pak will have the side marker lights, but I am not sure what's the best way to supply the power to them.

Thanks!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

TD-SESG11

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »

Ken,

If all you want to do is the side marker lights there is a pig tail under the seat for that... should already be there up towards the tank.

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »

^^

Dunno, but you can call Gene and ask him. Just mention my bike and he will remember (may even whisper a curse under his breath - hahahaha).
Here is his website - I would highly recommend him for CVO color matching and any paint work:

http://www.bigfatys.com/

Ride safe ...
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 09:47:32 AM »

You've certainly raised the bar for the Street Glide owners.  However, my pocket book can't keep up.  :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2011, 10:01:46 AM »

Dang Richy

That is one fine bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »

Ken,

If all you want to do is the side marker lights there is a pig tail under the seat for that... should already be there up towards the tank.

Thanks, Rich!

I found the little three-wire Tour Pak connector wire under the left side cover, but I am having to buy the actual harness that plugs into that to run back to the Tour Pak. I am getting the Ultra harness that also has the wiring in it for the rear lights in case I ever want to add them. I will also have to drill a hole in the TP for the harness to enter it... this TP came with no holes anywhere, not even on the back where an antenna would normally mount... I like that.

The paint on this Tour Pak is really nice, and would look KILLER with the Ultra light bar back there that you have, painted to match the TP. That will have to wait, though... that little beauty is $400, then I'd need to have your painter match it to the Hot Citrus since I can't get it from the MoCo in my color, and then everyone would think I'm trying to copy you anyway!

The back side of this TP looks far too plain though... no graphics or anything... Just a vast expanse of Hot Citrus that begs for something to be done with it. So I want to do something, but I don't want the standard light bar back there. I am thinking maybe the chrome one that comes on the CVO Ultras now, but that's probably even more $$$! Oh well, in this economy I guess we all need to do our part to keep the MoCo operating, huh?   :nervous:

Let me say again that your FLHXCUSE is STUNNING!

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

Thanks, Rich!

I found the little three-wire Tour Pak connector wire under the left side cover, but I am having to buy the actual harness that plugs into that to run back to the Tour Pak. I am getting the Ultra harness that also has the wiring in it for the rear lights in case I ever want to add them. I will also have to drill a hole in the TP for the harness to enter it... this TP came with no holes anywhere, not even on the back where an antenna would normally mount... I like that.

The paint on this Tour Pak is really nice, and would look KILLER with the Ultra light bar back there that you have, painted to match the TP. That will have to wait, though... that little beauty is $400, then I'd need to have your painter match it to the Hot Citrus since I can't get it from the MoCo in my color, and then everyone would think I'm trying to copy you anyway!
The back side of this TP looks far too plain though... no graphics or anything... Just a vast expanse of Hot Citrus that begs for something to be done with it. So I want to do something, but I don't want the standard light bar back there. I am thinking maybe the chrome one that comes on the CVO Ultras now, but that's probably even more $$$! Oh well, in this economy I guess we all need to do our part to keep the MoCo operating, huh?   :nervous:

Let me say again that your FLHXCUSE is STUNNING!

Such a complament. :2vrolijk_21:

I was pretty much the first with a 10 SESG to get everything done at once and a lot of the guys followed suit....that's what it's all about. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »

Such a complament. :2vrolijk_21:

I was pretty much the first with a 10 SESG to get everything done at once and a lot of the guys followed suit....that's what it's all about. :2vrolijk_21:

That IS what it's all about, JC. No one ever seems to copy me though... maybe I make decisions about what to do to the bike that no one else seems to like very much! Buy hey, we each have to make our bike our OWN, right? That's the beauty of Harleys... there's so much you CAN do to them...

But what Rich has done with his bike is far beyond the normal bolt-on stuff that any of us can do fairly easily, given deep enough pockets. He's created a completely unique rolling work of art, and in so doing he's unfortunately set the bar quite high for the rest of us! Sort of... "Yeah, mine's nice... but Rich's is friggin' RIDICULOUSLY cool!!!"

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.