Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: '12 Last Year for Air Cooled  (Read 5601 times)

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
Re: '12 Last Year for Air Cooled
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »

2013 seems like a great year to make major changes....  :behead:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 12:47:43 PM »

No more first year for me. I will let others test it for a couple of years first.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »

No more first year for me. I will let others test it for a couple of years first.

I'm with you terry, what ?, at least 3 yrs ?
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 04:21:50 AM »

:'(  Great, another fluid to leak.  Another opportunity for the dealers to say you'll void the warranty if you use anybody elses' water.  Cooling fans that fail after two years; New bearings (or a "water pump support plate") to go out.  Screamin' Eagle high performance thermostat upgrade!  Chrome radiator overflow tank covers by Kuryakin.  Ported and polished water jacket holes.  Coolant in the oil.  Oil in the coolant.  The inevitable after-market supplemental radiator because the stock one will still run hot.  Water pump shaft runout.  The coolant tank will be behind the fairing and require partial disassembly to flush it.  It will be four years before they eliminate some ugly black rubber hose in plain view.  A performance enhancement to re-wire the fan to come on with the ignition switch.  And no temp gauge unless you put one in yourself.
Something tells me you are the prophet of things to come!!  Good job!
Let's see: also threads upon threads of various synthetic water additives to improve cooling efficiency and dyno curves for low drag water pumps!

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

Water cooling will happen on a larger number of bikes in the lineup with the market demands it. I don't see that anytime in the near term. Touring bikes are selling like hot cakes and don't think for a minute Harley is going to make any major changes if they don't have to. Harley helped the EPA draft the regulations and they will be able to meet them for the forseseable future. I believe they will continue to use oil cooling more in the future before going to water cooling and in better ways.

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »

After my 2008 Duracell left me sitting in NYC this past Saturday, I would welcome anything that runs cooler.......my thighs have blisters...scoot got so hot it shut down.  Could'nt start it for an hour......

But enjoyed the ride anyway!!!!

napalm
napalm

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »

After my 2008 Duracell left me sitting in NYC this past Saturday, I would welcome anything that runs cooler.......my thighs have blisters...scoot got so hot it shut down.  Could'nt start it for an hour......

But enjoyed the ride anyway!!!!

napalm
If you enjoyed the ride anyway, you must have only quoted to us the low points.........blistered thighs, NYC traffic on a big motor fairing bike, and stranded on the roadside.?????  Relate the high points please !!!  :drink: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

tomjetty

• Tom is Dreaming

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »

It's about time. Although I'll wait a few years for the bugs to be worked out. I bought my 09 CVO Road glide with the intention of leaving it 100% stock. Ha Ha!!  :soapbox: It ran so hot at times that the top end sounded like I had no oil!

Thanks to Fullsac I can ride it on a hot day now

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »

It's about time. Although I'll wait a few years for the bugs to be worked out. I bought my 09 CVO Road glide with the intention of leaving it 100% stock. Ha Ha!!  :soapbox: It ran so hot at times that the top end sounded like I had no oil!

Thanks to Fullsac I can ride it on a hot day now
And just think, your 09 had benefited from HD's efforts to cool the motor compared to the 08 and 07 models!

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:46 PM »

I can't imagine how hot your feet will get with the radiators in the lowers like that?

Added benefit !  it will help keep those new lower fairing speakers dry...   ???

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 11:24:21 PM »

If you enjoyed the ride anyway, you must have only quoted to us the low points.........blistered thighs, NYC traffic on a big motor fairing bike, and stranded on the roadside.?????  Relate the high points please !!!  :drink: har.  spyder

Har spyder   :oops:

See my post in Ride Report Americas 911 Ride
napalm
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.