Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *NOW INSTALLED!!!* Ordered Fullsac CVO 110 Stage 1 today................  (Read 1317 times)

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member

for my FLHTCUSE6, it should all be here next Tues/Wed.  I ordered the X-pipe B, 2.0" baffles and TTS.  Fullsac was gracious to give the 10% discount for being a member of this forum.

I've got ~650 miles on her, and I've decided to run Mobil 1 20W50 in the engine, and Redline in the tranny & primary when I do the 1k service in the next week or so.  I've had good results w/Mobil 1 in previous 2 WG's, so thats almost a no brainer for me.  If I need to add oil while on the road, I can always use Mobil 1 15W50 for autos if I can't find the V Twin 20W50 (this is covered on the Mobil 1 FAQ's, and they replied "yes, it's OK to do that").  In fact, I know several guys who use the 15W50 instead of the 20W50, because it is cheaper and easier to find.  Previous 2 WG's, I've used BelRay in the tranny and primary, so switching to synthetic Redline in tranny/primary is different for me, but I'm all studied up on Redline, and ready to try it.  I'm sure the Redline engine oil is good, I'm just not convinced I can find it on the road as easy as Mobil 1.  I may even switch the current WG over to Redline in the tranny & primary.

OK, I just need to concentrate on riding to pass the time until the Fullsac stuff gets here!!!

Hurry up UPS truck!!!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:50:43 PM by wideglidejoe »
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
NOW INSTALLED!!!! Re: Ordered Fullsac CVO 110 Stage 1 today................
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »

Everything arrived on Tues as scheduled.  Work and family commitments didn't allow installation until Sat.

Sat 3rd; I removed stock slip-ons, removed the stock baffles, and installed the Fullsac 2.0" baffles; about an hour total for both of them.  I can't believe how restrictive those stock baffles must be after looking at them!

Removed heat shields and stock header; installed X "B" pipe, reinstalled slip-ons and heat shields, less than 2 hrs.  Started it up long enough to hear exhaust note, but not ridden, map not installed yet. 

Then out of town for family commitment.

Monday 5th; downloaded everything to laptop, hooked up laptop to bike, saved original settings and downloaded map from Steve onto bike; about an hour total, and I'm not an IT guru by any means!

Short road trip, about 6 miles; 3 miles out into rural area and back home.  Off to a family cookout in the cage...........

I'm very pleased!  I can't say enough good things about Fullsac!!  Everything on the installation went perfect!  They are great folks!

Tues, I'll put some real miles on her to/from work.  I may have to take the long way home?!?!?!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:51:58 PM by wideglidejoe »
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
Re: *NOW INSTALLED!!!* Ordered Fullsac CVO 110 Stage 1 today................
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:53:27 PM »

Did the same thing with my FLHXSE2 - and cannot say enough good things about Fullsac and this set-up - too easy to install and sounds GREAT!!!

Enjoy!
Sparky

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.