Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is the pt # for the mustache engine guard in your parts manual?  (Read 971 times)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE

I recently needed to replace my mustache bar (warranty) and the dealer ordered in the new one as listed in their FLHXSE Parts Catalog. When it arrrived it was not the mustache bar but the regular bar. We both looked at the number on the box and the number in the book and they were the correct numbers. :confused5: 49184-09 is the part number listed in the 99433-10 FLHXSE Parts catalog for the engine guard, however when you go on the Harley web site and look up the part the number is 49155-09  :nixweiss:
So, if you are ordering from the FLHXSE Parts Catalog double check as it appears someone goofed when listing the parts on our motorcycles. :oops:
Hawg

gaphatty

Re: What is the pt # for the mustache engine guard in your parts manual?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »

Did you get it resolved or do you still need the engine guard?  I replaced mine when I purchased lowers, but have not gotten around to listing mine on eBay yet.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:09:41 PM »

I purchased one on ebay yesterday. Too bad I never thought of asking on this site.
Hawg

gaphatty

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »

You can't beat ebay for HD parts - a lot of dealers selling parts, as well as all of those take-offs.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 24 queries.