Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: My New "Toy" - 2012 FLHXSE3  (Read 10530 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: My New "Toy" - 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »

Congrats on the new bike :bananarock:

Mike

fatboy63

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTFSE
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 05:08:05 PM »

Congratulations looks stunning.....we won't see one of those in the UK until next year...

Only a biker truely understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window :-)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 05:14:30 PM »

Congrats on the new bike :bananarock:

Mike

Thanks Mike.  The MoCo finally came out with a color combo that I just had to have.  I loved my Spiced Rum, but this color combo blows it away.  

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 05:19:59 PM »

Thanks NGH.  I'm loving it!!  The sound system rocks on this thing too!!!  Never thought I'd get a $33K ghetto blaster!  Definitely pumps out the tunes.

Oh Yeah! My wife is alarmed amused at my love affair with this thing - which I've had for a total of 10 days now. I've already spent a BOATLOAD on extras for it - Fullsac Stage 1 and 2, color-matched Tour-Pak with the CVO graphics and a matching spoiler for trips, detachable mount, lock, liner, smoked side lights, passenger boards with Rumble inserts to match the rider boards, highway peg mounts, and another seat with some decent padding and SUPPORT that I can use a backrest with.

This affair is busting me! I have to keep reminding my wife that's still cheaper than playing golf would be... and I SUCK at that game anyway...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »

Oh Yeah! My wife is alarmed amused at my love affair with this thing - which I've had for a total of 10 days now. I've already spent a BOATLOAD on extras for it - Fullsac Stage 1 and 2, color-matched Tour-Pak with the CVO graphics and a matching spoiler for trips, detachable mount, lock, liner, smoked side lights, passenger boards with Rumble inserts to match the rider boards, highway peg mounts, and another seat with some decent padding and SUPPORT that I can use a backrest with.

This affair is busting me! I have to keep reminding my wife that's still cheaper than playing golf would be... and I SUCK at that game anyway...

I'm not going to do a lot to this one.  Just a few minor appearance things and new headers and mufflers.  I really like the way it looks as is.  The wife would kill me if I got a tour pak for the SESG.  Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that because I have the SERGU when we go two-up riding.  That's why I'll probably move the rear pegs forward to the crash bar, because the SESG will strictly be my "solo" ride.

2012 FLHXSE3

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »

Harley did such an awesome job on that bike  :2vrolijk_21:  They really went all out with the paint, equipment, etc.  Just outstanding!

Enjoy it in good health.
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »

That's one good looking machine you have there, each time I look at the Hot Citrus and Ruby Red the Citrus keeps standing out.
More Custom and a unique color combo.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011, 06:38:49 PM »

That's one good looking machine you have there, each time I look at the Hot Citrus and Ruby Red the Citrus keeps standing out.
More Custom and a unique color combo.

Harley did such an awesome job on that bike  :2vrolijk_21:  They really went all out with the paint, equipment, etc.  Just outstanding!

Enjoy it in good health.

Thanks guys.  I definitely agree.  I think the MoCo hit a home run with this years SESG; especially the Hot Citrus.  The red one looks really nice, but, IMO, doesn't stand out, and the black is, well, black!  I think all three will sell with no problem.  There are going fast here, with a lot of them spoken for before they even come in.

2012 FLHXSE3

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »

I'm not going to do a lot to this one.  Just a few minor appearance things and new headers and mufflers.  I really like the way it looks as is.  The wife would kill me if I got a tour pak for the SESG.  Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that because I have the SERGU when we go two-up riding.  That's why I'll probably move the rear pegs forward to the crash bar, because the SESG will strictly be my "solo" ride.

Must be nice to have two SEs! Yeah, the Tour Pak will only be on the bike for road trips - so the SG can do double duty then. I can't stand having to strap a bunch of crap on the bike when I'm on the road... ruins the looks of it, and it's much easier to have a carry-out bag in the TP for all the chit.

RE: Exhaust... I like the Fullsac X-Pipe because it uses the stock heat shields, so everything looks like it came from the factory. The baffles go in the stock cans, too. I have V&H True Duals on the old FLHTP... but on this bike it's important to have the crossover. I would never put true dual headers on this engine.

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 06:53:39 PM »

Thanks guys.  I definitely agree.  I think the MoCo hit a home run with this years SESG; especially the Hot Citrus.  The red one looks really nice, but, IMO, doesn't stand out, and the black is, well, black!  I think all three will sell with no problem.  There are going fast here, with a lot of them spoken for before they even come in.

X2... you hit the nail right on the head!   8) :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »

Home Run indeed! I like all of the CVOs this year - the CVO RG Skunk Bike is beautiful and the Ruby Red SG is gorgeous - but the Hot Citrus SG is just amazing, and the kick-ass 8-speaker audio setup is just more icing on an already delicious cake!

I was at the dealer where I bought it again this weekend, and they told me that my timing in buying this bike - the very day they got it -  was perfect. The owner took it for the test ride himself, and then took a bunch of pics of it, which he normally doesn't do, to send to people. They had traded a CVO RG in the Maple Metallic to another dealer for this bike because it had sat on their floor for 3 weeks, and the other dealer had a buyer for it. I had originally wanted the Maple RG, which is why I had called them in the first place... but when I saw this bike on the website, I bought it before I even went to the dealership. They have another Hot Citrus SG on order for another customer, with a late Oct delivery date...

The Wizard's Tune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »

Must be nice to have two SEs! Yeah, the Tour Pak will only be on the bike for road trips - so the SG can do double duty then. I can't stand having to strap a bunch of crap on the bike when I'm on the road... ruins the looks of it, and it's much easier to have a carry-out bag in the TP for all the chit.

RE: Exhaust... I like the Fullsac X-Pipe because it uses the stock heat shields, so everything looks like it came from the factory. The baffles go in the stock cans, too. I have V&H True Duals on the old FLHTP... but on this bike it's important to have the crossover. I would never put true dual headers on this engine.

I had the true duals on my 07 SEUC.  Loved the idle sound that true duals give, but stuck with the 2 into 1 into 2, for the rest of my 110 bikes.  I'm not so much into number chasing as far as HP goes, but I noticed that my "seat of the pants" dyno felt more "pull" with the 2-1-2 headers than the true duals.  Just felt better, and that's all that matters. :)

2012 FLHXSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 07:50:25 PM »

Home Run indeed! I like all of the CVOs this year - the CVO RG Skunk Bike is beautiful and the Ruby Red SG is gorgeous - but the Hot Citrus SG is just amazing, and the kick-ass 8-speaker audio setup is just more icing on an already delicious cake!

I was at the dealer where I bought it again this weekend, and they told me that my timing in buying this bike - the very day they got it -  was perfect. The owner took it for the test ride himself, and then took a bunch of pics of it, which he normally doesn't do, to send to people. They had traded a CVO RG in the Maple Metallic to another dealer for this bike because it had sat on their floor for 3 weeks, and the other dealer had a buyer for it. I had originally wanted the Maple RG, which is why I had called them in the first place... but when I saw this bike on the website, I bought it before I even went to the dealership. They have another Hot Citrus SG on order for another customer, with a late Oct delivery date...

I have to agree with you...the SERGCs are winners also.  I saw the "Skunk" at my dealership, and even though it didn't do anything for me, it was a beautiful bike.  I like the root beer version of the SERGC, I think that's a huge winner for a color.  Now if they had put all of the SESG things, i.e., the stereo system, on the SERGC, I might have gone that route, but to be honest, none of the SERGC colors does to me what the Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock does...definitely no regrets getting this beauty...!!!!

2012 FLHXSE3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 07:53:56 PM »

Nice bike Charlie.  Congrats on the new toy.  Miles of smiles sir :2vrolijk_21: !

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 08:15:31 PM »

I have to agree with you...the SERGCs are winners also.  I saw the "Skunk" at my dealership, and even though it didn't do anything for me, it was a beautiful bike.  I like the root beer version of the SERGC, I think that's a huge winner for a color.  Now if they had put all of the SESG things, i.e., the stereo system, on the SERGC, I might have gone that route, but to be honest, none of the SERGC colors does to me what the Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock does...definitely no regrets getting this beauty...!!!!

Yeah - I'm glad I got this one! Being an old fart now... this is my last chance to feel young and outrageous before I fade into Geezer-Glide land forever! My back is already there... screaming for an Ultra seat with a backrest! I'm giving it a standard SG seat and backrest... but that's as far as I will go right now... it will just have to make do!
The CVO RGCs are very nice - I have always loved the Shark Nose frame-mounted fairing. I like the SE forward facing A/C on the RGCs a LOT (won't fit on our SGs though, because of the lower speakers :oops:) - but they are not outfitted quite as lavishly as the SGs are. The Maple Metallic on the RGC must look gorgeous in the sun - haven't seen on in the flesh yet... only pics. They really should have put the SG audio system on the RGCs as well... but they are $2000 less expensive than the SGs. The RGCs have the big 6" x 9" speakers in the fairing and 200 watts - but they can't surround you like the SG audio system does.

I guess the MoCo has their reasons - mysterious as they are... probably a "market segmentation" thing dreamed up by the brainiacs with Ivy League Marketing degrees in Milwaukee...  :book2:

The Wizard's Tune
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.