Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Self Inflicted Wounds  (Read 24291 times)

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
Re: Self Inflicted Wounds
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 06:13:02 PM »

:coolblue:few years back i was on my buddys katana (crotchrocket) did not know wife watered front lawn came
haulin ass across the grass showin off in front of freinds and neighbors slid sideways 20ft and surfed the bike another 10 ft as it was on its side  My buddy just looked at me like what an Ahole  I said i was sorry bought him a blinker washed it and we were GOOD not much damage  except to my EGO  I still get pissed when he brings it up :-\

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »

Wow, what timing. Well, no it wasn't me, but my son. Working on one of his Hot Rods yesterday hit the front fender of the Jalapeno with the floor jack, scratch and dent. I want to kill, but I like the kid, and that really is more important.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »

Some great stories here! Hope you feel better now.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 08:09:04 PM »

Lost mental capability once for a second, and laid my boke down. Got my adrenilin pumping, so rushed to get it stood back up. I strained every muscle in my body getting it back up....and was helpless as it fell over the other way.  :o
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »

Lost mental capability once for a second, and laid my boke down. Got my adrenilin pumping, so rushed to get it stood back up. I strained every muscle in my body getting it back up....and was helpless as it fell over the other way.  :o

May have lost your mental capability for another second there...

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:18 PM »

I think this one is winning!

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 08:27:08 PM »

Thats what happens when you have cold beer in the cooler and  ribs on the pit..
Letz Ride

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 08:35:47 PM »

We all have these stories... I have broken off bolts and had to drill them out, rounded off bolt heads, etc. But my worst was when I scratched up the tank on Big Bertha the Evo when I had the front end apart. The bars were laying down on the tank - on several thicknesses of towels - but I moved the forks without thinking, and the towels worked their way out from under the bars... and then a 2" SCRAAAAAATCH right through a good portion of the clear coat on the upper right front of the tank. Still need to get that fixed...   :-[

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »

I think this one is winning!
X2 He is winning!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 09:18:45 PM »

500 years ago had a Honda 750 custom. Put my aunt on the back (all 250 of her) didn't even notice rear tire was on mud. Next thing I know my Aunt is under the bike muddy as all hell. No real damage if you dont count the beating she gave me.

BMAC III

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 10:05:44 PM »

Finished washing the bike off in a hotel parking lot after a very long day, took a quick shower, jumped on the bike to blow the water off, forgot the stupid disk wheel lock. One nearly full revolution of the front tire later, we went down in a heap, half a dozen buddies standing by to observe and critique...  I chucked the disk lock into the field next door and went to the lounge for the evening.. Good times!

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 09:32:53 AM »

I am pretty sure I will be the winner here.  In 2005 I brought home my brand new Dyna Super Glide.  Rode to a car dealership to show some salesman buddies.  Started it up for them standing next to the bike but forgot to check to see if in neutral.  Was not in neutral.  Started right up and proceded to take off on its own and crash into a pole.  I still can't believe that happened.  The hardest thing was explaining to my wife why the bike was back at the Harley dealer being repaired .  She told me she had a bad feeling about this already! :oops:

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 09:43:58 AM »

I am pretty sure I will be the winner here.  In 2005 I brought home my brand new Dyna Super Glide.  Rode to a car dealership to show some salesman buddies.  Started it up for them standing next to the bike but forgot to check to see if in neutral.  Was not in neutral.  Started right up and proceded to take off on its own and crash into a pole.  I still can't believe that happened.  The hardest thing was explaining to my wife why the bike was back at the Harley dealer being repaired .  She told me she had a bad feeling about this already! :oops:

You're right, you win!

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »

This entry is proof that winning all contest is not good. ;D

Mark you do get honorable mention for being as thoughtless as myself with the water pressure.

Hogbreath you just gotta laugh at going over on  both sides.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 10:18:14 AM »

Dale's post reminded me of my most recent bone headed move.

Two days before leaving for the Sturgis Rally, I stopped by a neighbors to chat for a bit. His driveway has more than a slight incline but it's not a hill. Parked the bike in the driveway, got off and started walking into his garage. Took 5 steps towards my buddy and his eyes get big and he says "you left your bike in neutral!" Turned around to see my bike begin rolling backwards down the driveway.

Had time to say "this isn't going to end well" as I ran back towards the bike. Front tire was turned in towards the kickstand side so the bike begins to turn as it rolls backwards and is headed towards a high side tip over. Figured if I could grab the bars and seat and get some weight on the low side, I might be able to stop the tip over. The bike rolled a good 25 feet, angled off the driveway with the rear wheel ending up in the grass and the front wheel on concrete. It didn't tip! Wish I had a video, I cold post it under "things idiots do".

Can't believe the bike didn't end up on the air cleaner side on the concrete with more scratches than an old LP!

I'm always reminding myself I have to be tuned up mentally at all times on the bike. That includes the parking part as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.