Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Saddle Bag Lid Guards  (Read 6107 times)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Re: Saddle Bag Lid Guards
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 12:14:28 PM »

another with lites on

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »

Orrr . duck down and show em the dash .. They'll see ya .. LOL

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 12:29:30 PM »

Hey I didn't know the Kryptonite bike had greeen backlighting on the guages.  That is sick!
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »

Another vote for the color matched spoilers with LEDs.  I had them on my '11 RGC amd made them part of the deal for my RGC CVO.  Waiting for those to arrive with the Tour*pak.

Before:

After:

My wife opted for the saddle bag spoilers w/lights however, I opted to keep the clean lines of the Street Glide by keeping it clean back there. 

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 12:46:24 PM »

Hey I didn't know the Kryptonite bike had greeen backlighting on the guages.  That is sick!

I believe he had them done.  My wife has red lighted gauges (not sure why they look orange in this pic) and I have blue.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

JCZ. your lights are lookin good.. yall got the two colors that the law will give ya static about in my part of the country ..But .. it aint ez bein kool.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 01:04:39 PM »

here is a shot with gauges only with replacement dial faces

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »

another with lites on

How do the wires disconnect to remove the saddlebags ? Do you have to remove the seat to disconnect from the accessory  connector ?

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »

HD include connectors for ez disconnect.. When I did LEDs .. I put twowire connectors( much like the ones on a battery tender  connection ) where ever needed so as to be able to remove sbags, side covers and gas tank ..  :cucumber:

Sledge

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Black Ember, Rio Red
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »

Nice guages.

RE. wiring to lights: are you talking about the rubber covered pigtail connectors with the battery tender, the ones that are keyed so you can only plug them in right?  Now that would be a slick way to handle the connectors.  I kept my stock connectors and the extra slack under the seat but I guess you could use a watertight one like with the battery tender on the outside of the saddlebag where the wire exits.  Radio Shack anyone?  Would have to be 2 wire waterresistant plug and socket.

Important note here:  To anyone that has installed these lights (spoiler color matched).  NEVER pick up the saddlebag or open the lid by slipping your fingers under the led bar of the light to lift it.  A guy at a shop picked my saddlebag up (empty) that way and it cracked the internal mount for the led circuit board, leaving it feeling loose and it got worse over time.  I had to take it off and epoxy rig it so it would be tight again.  Looks like the rail mounted ones are built flush with the edge of the rail metal so they may not have this weakness.  The color matched ones have a gap between the fiberglass spoiler and led bar.  See above.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:05:17 PM by Sledge »
"I don't want a pickle, just want to ride on my motorsickle,
and I don't want to die, just want to ride on my motorcy...cle."
Arlo Guthrie

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 04:05:25 PM »

JCZ. your lights are lookin good.. yall got the two colors that the law will give ya static about in my part of the country ..But .. it aint ez bein kool.

Yea, and you sure wouldn't be to kewl with red or blue lights on your green. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Red dash lights are stock and legal in the US but the blue......definately illegal here in Cali and I can't hide em. :nixweiss:  Had a bicycle officer ride up next to me while I was stopped at a stop light downtown one night.  He told me "you can't have blue lights showing to the rear......it's illegal".  My reply "you don't see any blue lights showing to the rear....just the reflection from them.....my lights green and I'm holding up traffic, gotta go.....have a great evening". :)   

I've been running blue LED lights since late 03 on my blue and black SEEG and that's the only issue I've had.  I expected it from the CHP, not the city police. 

Had a CHP roll up next to me at a stop light.  You know how you try not to look but you can't help it.......I saw the window coming down.   Uh-ohhhh, here we go.......    He said "That thing looks really nice with that motor lit up like that".  I can only assume he was a rider also. :nixweiss:

I don't wear a white helmet, so they know I'm not trying to impersonate an officer. :)

By the way, back to your bike.......it's that little attention to detail (green dash lights) that really set em apart and what sets yours apart from all the other greens.  'Course you already know that and that's why you did it. :2vrolijk_21:

Some people just start dumpin crap on their bike because it's chrome......looks like they rode through PepBoys with a junk magnet. :nervous:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 24 queries.