Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Harley Reps @ MV CVO Bikes?  (Read 10003 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Harley Reps @ MV CVO Bikes?
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »

You guys are great entertainment.  ;D Ya'll talk about stirring up chit, & flogging people. Buncha bad a$$ bikers..You people are candy weights. Ever read a religious forum? Those guys are brutal!

:2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »

You guys are great entertainment.  ;D Ya'll talk about stirring up chit, & flogging people. Buncha bad a$$ bikers..You people are candy weights. Ever read a religious forum? Those guys are brutal!

We missed you this year Ken, don't miss another!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 06:55:59 AM »

I want to weigh in on this.

First and as a lead in..... As for the MoCo representatives, after "I" figured out who they were I thoroughly enjoyed their company, small discussions and riding with them on Friday and dinner Friday night. They seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say (the small amount of us that said anything) and listened intently. I have dealt with factory reps numerous times for other venues and this was a different look. These guys weren't there to sell us anything or try and sell us any BS about any problems not really being problems. They, in my opinion, were there two fold.... One, to "listen", and two, to fit in and be part of the group, ride and enjoy, with emphasis on #one, listening. These guys aren't factory reps, per-say.... they are team leaders for the divisions of the bikes "we" ride. I appreciate it that they were there and hope they come back! I liked it that one of them (sorry I can't remember their individual names) was thoughtful enough of his buddy to take a picture of my bike so he could send it back to his buddy. He said, wow, I didn't think there would be one of those here and said I want a pic to send back to my buddy he built that bike. I also liked that, although bound by corporate rules, which everyone of us should understand and have no problem with, one of them did in fact offer that there "is" a problem with one of the paint colors. We all know about it but it was nice to hear it admitted by a real person.

Now, being relatively new to the site and this being our first GTG and the fact, that, at this point it's hard to separate subject matters. Also consider that I'm not used to keeping my mouth shut, however, I was trying hard to be mellow being our first. Looking back prior to the GTG and then thinking back during the GTG and then looking through the eyes of others that used this as their first GTG. I don't understand all the friggin mystery!! The ride, the MoCo guys, what was the big deal? Save us from ourselves? BS!! I saw way too much secretive BS going on which was all one sided and totally inappropriate. The ride was minor, if this empowered someone to keep this a secret good for you, but you really should pull up your big boy pants. As for the MoCo reps, it should have been announced prior to the GTG that they were "actually" coming. And, it should have been announced, somehow, to "everyone" that they were "actually" there. EVERYONE should have had a chance to meet these guys and make a choice to talk and ride with them. I got to meet them, ride and talk with them but only because I "happened" to meet them, by chance! Others that had no idea had no chance to mingle in any way, the more I think about this the more irritated I become with it. EVERYONE should have had this opportunity. There was only just so much time and to sit back and say that everone "could" have met them is BS. I tried my best to meet everyone from the site and I didn't get to everyone.

You know, if your going to do things as a group then everyone in the group should be treated and informed the same. How does one reserve the right to leave anyone hanging without the same info as another? The second part (after lunch) of my Friday ride was basically ruined, why? Because I and others were not informed of the fact that one of us was given the balance of the "secret" ride and they were going on the final leg by themselves. Did anyone think that maybe the rest of might have wanted to do the same? apparently we didn't matter, friggin BS!!! So, then.... three of us kept hanging back waiting for the one that was gone off in a totally different direction, but we didn't know that did we. So, instead of enjoying the ride back the three of us, including one of the MoCo boys rode uneasy thinking we had one lost, again I say BS. Now lets talk about being left behind, of the three of us that were hanging back neither had ever been to MV and did not know the area. Funny how the ride leader didn't give a chit that everyone wasn't accounted for including one of the MoCo boys. It got to the point that I actually had to pull over and wait for one at an intersection because I knew he would know where to exit. This was one of the MoCo guys and the gentleman that he was didn't want to leave someone behind even if it meant he might be lost. I figured I would just go until I couldn't figure it out and then pull up the GPS on my phone, shouldn't have had to though.

Yeah, I'm a big boy and I can find my way. I'm ranting because I have been stewing on this while attempting to make new friends and riding partners. Don't get me wrong though, I/we had an overall great time and will not hesitate to be part of the next that we can afford time for, I'll just bring the weed eater.

Rick

Niel, if you think this inappropriate or in the wrong spot don't hesitate to do with it as you wish.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:59:30 AM by Mr. Warlock »
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 07:35:08 AM »

In an effort to try to clear up some of the questions/speculations I'll try to answer as many concerns as I can...

I was contacted by the MoCo and had started this thread - What If @ Maggie Valley 2011.... in June regarding a possible MoCo presence at MV of which 76.8% of those that voted were interested in meeting someone from the MoCo. The MoCo then decided that they would like to send some reps to our event. As far as I know this is the first time there has been an "official" presence by them at any of our events. This site has over 15k members, is centered around a major company's product, and an elite line from that company... so it doesn't take a lot to figure out they would monitor the site (as I'm sure other company's monitor sites regarding their products). As for them publicly posting or making their presence known on the site they have the right to just read as any other member does. The fact that they want to at this time reach out to the site speaks a lot of what this site has grown to be. Many of us have had issues (myself included) with certain things on our bike's and believe me they (MoCo Reps) know there are issues. If everyone could swallow their negativity/pride for a minute and remember a simple rule... negative and a negative = negative.... positive and a negative = positive there may be something gained from both sides of the fence. 

The Reps only had a limited time (couple days) to attend the event so them being able to meet/speak (publically/privately) to everyone (just like any of us that's ever been to an event) it's going to be almost impossible to do. On that same note if they would have rolled in and jumped off their bikes and blurted out we are "so and so, and we are from the MoCo" many would have said they were a bunch of "arrogant @$$holes". They knew coming into this that they possible could have been stepping in the "wolves den" but the fact that they showed up (IMO) shows a lot on their behalf... they could have continued to monitor the site and be nameless/faceless members but they chose not to.

Is there a possibility they will attend events of ours in the future... I certainly hope so. :2vrolijk_21:

With all that said if any of you want to bash/b!tch/moan/groan at somebody for the Reps being there do it to me.... hell I'm used to it... you'll not get a "virgin" on that issue. ;) ;D ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
I've have explained above how the MoCo reps got to the MV event... it's plain and simple.

As for went on at MV I wasn't there and just like anything there are three sides to a story... his/hers, his/hers, and the truth. Therefore since I wasn't there and it appears people's emotional indifference are getting involved this thread is now locked and could possible get some "house cleaning".

I will address one more issue before I close. As for no one knowing the MoCo reps would be attending that was my choice. I was even asked by them to make a statement that they would attend of which I declined. My reason for doing that as I told them was simple because I didn't want to make a statement that I had no control over. As much as they wanted to be there in the end they had as much control over it as I did... at anytime the powers above them could have reassigned/cancelled their trip.

For those that feel they were kept in the dark it is no different from any other organization or business... there are going to be administrative things that you are not made aware of that is/will be a given.

So it's not misconstrued I'm not taking anyone's side other then the owner of this site and what he has created and what it has grown into. I would ask you all to respect "his" house and act like adults. If you have personal differences/indifference with other members utilize the PM feature of the site and don't make public posts that only reflect negatively on yourself and this site.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.