Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Few Irritating things about the CVO's  (Read 19976 times)

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Few Irritating things about the CVO's
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2013, 11:05:15 AM »

why too much chrome

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »

2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2013, 03:01:49 PM »

2) Clutch Hydraulic Hose Running through he Inner Fairing? Can't it be ran like the Front Brake Hose, though the Handle Bar Opening?

I agree with this and actually have my clutch routed like the brake.  Looks better... more symmetrical.  I left the hole in the fairing for now and actually routed my GPS connection thru it.  Also agree with the chrome calipers.  Have those and they look much better.  I do have to say that overall I love this bike. Wish I had gotten a CVO sooner!!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:40:59 PM by JustDennis »
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

Chief2505

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Ultra Tribal Orange (sold 2020)
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Limited two tone silver
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »

After reading this entire thread and chuckling a number of times I have this to add.

My 2013 CVO Ultra clutch hose does not go through the fairing. BUT instead of casting a new inner fairing without the clutch cable hole for the CVO's the MOCO in their divine wisdom simply sticks a color matched plug in the hole.

The cheap TP hinges and latches.
Poor quality sound system.
Love the LED headlamp that is now stock on the CVO.

I have not had any problems with the gas tank filler, not on my 08 Ultra or my 13 CVO but I too put the kickstand down, then sit on the bike and balance it as I fill the tank. I always go slow and really? how long can it take to pump 5 gallons of gas? Like someone else posted, I can swipe the card, fill the tank and grab the receipt without ever leaving the bike. I am just more comfortable doing it that way than trying to look into the tank at an angle and fight the handle bars and keep my legs off the hot exhaust!

I actually am loving this bike, unlike the 2012 that I had with the 103 that sounded like a diesel! Couldn't drown out that engine noise even with loud pipes and HOG tunes sound system. My dealer told me oh they all do that.

When I traded the 12 for the 13 CVO the dealer told me that he was shipping my 12 bike off, he was not going to resale it. Which told me that he knew it was bad but would not do anything about it. I was at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and the salesman says to me the guy that bought your 12 really likes it, we had to do some work to it to get it running right and he is very happy with it!

Needless to say after 5 new bikes and having my service work performed at this dealer the past 10 years I am done. As for HD customer service, non-existent.

But I do love the bike! LOL

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2013, 11:54:35 PM »

X2 on the front brake calipers. I don't have the parts book in front of me, but I think they are close to $850.00 plus installation. If HD would have spent  just a little more money we could have had them as original equipment. I know chrome plating has gone up, but that is a crazy price. I put the chrome hinges on my 09 tourpak and they seem to be a lot stronger then the whimpy originals. Not too expensive and pretty easy to install. CAHDBIKER

I could care less about the tour pack hinges and don't have floorboards.....but they sure should have chrome brake calipers. :2vrolijk_21:

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »

Smart Siren so we can use the remote monitor. CVO'S just have the dumb siren in them WTF???
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 20 queries.