Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Klock Werks Windshields (Good, Bad or Indifferent)  (Read 16832 times)

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
Re: Klock Werks Windshields (Good, Bad or Indifferent)
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »

I am 6'01" and love the look of the stock shorty windshield on my 2010 Street Glide but didn't like the wind beating my head took.  Went with the 8.5" Klockwerks shield and loved it, until.........  cracked so badly around the mount bolts and after having it to dealer for service and they washed it, the center mount hole "blew out" all around the bolt from the cracks.  Not sure if they used air to dry the bike or hit the front with a power washer but since it was already cracked I didn't expect them to replace it.  I also bought it from e-bay to save some money and don't think Klock would warranty it because I didn't buy it from them.  Dealer did the right thing in my mind and offered 10% off new one and no labor charge installation - unfortunately don't have the $$ currently to buy a new one so back to the stock one for a while.

Sorry for rambling, answer to your question is I love the 8.5" Klock Werks shield.
[/quote

To anyone that can use it, I have an 8.5 Klockworks that I used for 1 day before I switched to a HD -2 1/2 clear. $100 plus shipping, paypal accepted. I switched because I needed a clear shield.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »

I strongly recommend looking into a Clearview sheild. IMHO they are the best built and do an excellent job. Also if you ever plan on using a windshield bag for glasses and such it WILL work.
I've heard a lot of good comments about ClearView. But my local HD dealer allows anyone to bolt on a selection of KlockWerks pieces to take them out for a test ride to see what height works best. Does anyone no of ClearView brand through a dealer offering this great service?
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »

save your money on the Klock... too much buffering for riding 2 up.

Invest your money on Clearview, they will give CVOHarley guy's 10% off.
Letz Ride

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 12:52:21 AM »

No one has mentioned Long Ride Shields...anyone try there Ultra with re-curve...

scorpionking

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 03:15:11 AM »

i use the klockwerks 8.5 and have fitted the harley windshield bags , works perfect for me

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 04:52:49 PM »

I've heard a lot of good comments about Freedomshields. But my local HD dealer allows anyone to bolt on a selection of KlockWerks pieces to take them out for a test ride to see what height works best. Does anyone no of ClearView brand through a dealer offering this great service?

Good question. Freedomshields allows you to try it on your bike and ride with it to check for the right height, as long as you leave the plastic shipping film on, and return it for a different size if necessary.
To measure for the right height have someone measure up from the top of your fairing to the bottom of your nose. I've done this several times for friends. Works perfect every time.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:18:01 PM by rayson56 »
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

green machine

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2011 FLHXSE2

• CVO1: 2020 FLHXSE gray smoke/black hole
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE dark slate candy/artic black
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE kryptonite/black ice
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 08:06:51 PM »

I went with the Klock Werks 6.5" dark smoke. Not only does it look super good on the bike, it works very well!!

fatboy63

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTFSE
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 12:44:51 PM »

I fitted the dark smoke Klockwerks 8.5" looks great and works, well better than the standard screen which is a joke!
Problem is at 5'11" my line of vision is just at the top of screen so I find myself having to sit to attention to see over which is uncomfortable, so thinking of trying the 6.5" screen instead.

Anyone in UK that's after a cheap 8.5" screen let me know.
 :cucumber:        :cucumber:       :cucumber:   
Only a biker truely understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window :-)

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

• CVO1: FLHXSESG2
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »

Got the 8.5" & love it, that stock Harley screen is a joke !!!

Guthrie52

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »

Didn't get out of my neighborhood before turning around with the 6.5 KW on my 2009 Street Glide.  Whistled at 15 mph... I am 5'8".  When I called to send it back, I was lectured on the features of the shield being designed to push the front end down at high speeds and all the wind tunnel testing they had done.  I was just hoping to get out of my sub-division....

After some heated conversation, they took it back less a 20% stocking fee.   This was 2 years ago so maybe things are different...

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 01:09:39 AM »

I fitted the dark smoke Klockwerks 8.5" looks great and works, well better than the standard screen which is a joke!
Problem is at 5'11" my line of vision is just at the top of screen so I find myself having to sit to attention to see over which is uncomfortable, so thinking of trying the 6.5" screen instead.

Anyone in UK that's after a cheap 8.5" screen let me know.
 :cucumber:        :cucumber:       :cucumber:   
Might be interested if it's still available, mine is black opaque & you can't see anything through it, but I can easily see over it, can you actually see through the dark smoke ? Cheers, Paul  :cucumber:

CVO King

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »

Got the 8" model and it puts a bubble of calm air over rider and passenger. Also can utilize the "T" Bags on it. A great plus.

fatboy63

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTFSE
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 05:59:06 AM »

Might be interested if it's still available, mine is black opaque & you can't see anything through it, but I can easily see over it, can you actually see through the dark smoke ? Cheers, Paul  :cucumber:

Hi Paul,
You can see through it, but for me at my height looking through the curve is distorted and quite a strange feeling especially when pulling up as I can't quite see properly.
I am going to order the 6.5" from Westend and that should be better, once I have the new screen I will let you know if you are still interested in the 8.5"

Regards
Simon
Only a biker truely understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window :-)

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 03:36:38 PM »

Hi Paul,
You can see through it, but for me at my height looking through the curve is distorted and quite a strange feeling especially when pulling up as I can't quite see properly.
I am going to order the 6.5" from Westend and that should be better, once I have the new screen I will let you know if you are still interested in the 8.5"

Regards
Simon
Thanks for that Simon, just let me know, Paul.

plasmadaddy

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite & Black Diamond Street Glide
    • The Rhythm Patrol
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 02:35:11 AM »

I've got an 8.5" dark smoke - used once, sitting round doing nothing if anyones interested........
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.