Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Xied question  (Read 1086 times)

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Xied question
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:02:48 PM »

Not being too mechanically inclined I thought I would ask all that know about this stuff.
I just installed a xied from night rider to help cool the the RG down. I have now thought that I might like just a tiny bit more rumble and the small amount of torque/hp I could get by opening up the stock exhaust. Would adding a full sac
Baffle or just drilling out the stock baffles re-lean the engine again or even overlean it?
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
Re: Xied question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:41:50 PM »

I'll try this one...

I put the ied's on my '04 RK, and had good results until i decided to make the real upgrades to a '95 with major work.  The engine ran great and was cooler with the ied's.  On my '08 RG, the xied's worked great until I did the 103 with all the associated work.

Bottom line - I think the xied's are a good $100 upgrade that will keep the engine cooler, and give better performance than an untouched 96/103.  There's always more to be done, but the xied's are a good start.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

dave29

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 04:50:05 PM »

I've got a 2009 CVO Ultra with no cat and Fullsac 2" baffles. Installed the XIED. Better throttle response, slightly cooler.
Works for me!

LARK

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »

Not being too mechanically inclined I thought I would ask all that know about this stuff.
I just installed a xied from night rider to help cool the the RG down. I have now thought that I might like just a tiny bit more rumble and the small amount of torque/hp I could get by opening up the stock exhaust. Would adding a full sac
Baffle or just drilling out the stock baffles re-lean the engine again or even overlean it?

It looks from you're photo you have a 2011 FLTRUSE. Same bike as I have. You already have the open air filter so the bike's computer is already programed for a free flowing intake. The bike can compensate for a free flowing exhaust and still keep the AFR in the 14.6 range in closed loop operations. I wanted to cool my bike down so I gutted the catalyst out of the head pipe. Kept the stock mufflers. It does sound deeper but without the noise a lot of after market mufflers bring. The bike ran perfect. I did later add the adjustable xied's to see if it would cool things down a bit more. I didn't want to effect the mpg so I set them at 14.1 AFR and called it good. I'm not sure they helped but I can still get 43 mpg on the highway running in the low to mid 70's and the bike runs and sounds like I think a stock Harley should.  I wouldn't worry about playing with your mufflers causing a lean condition.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.