Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Blew my wad on a new table lift right or wrong  (Read 21709 times)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
Re: Blew my wad on a new table lift right or wrong
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »

Where's the weenie emoticon when you need it?    :pineapple:

JC kicked the weenie off that jacked this thread!! It was Trol Jacked!!!!
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »

really like the flush with floor lift .. BUT  who woulda thought there is 4" plus concrete keepin ya from doin it .. and talk about dust .. yeow.. better havin jus the wheel vice stickin up trhan to have the whole table sittin thee in the way .. jus sayin .. :2vrolijk_21:

mark

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2011, 11:10:40 AM »

Flush with floor lift....I thought this was cool, but was concerned about losing lifting height.  If a retracted lift is 7" tall, that means it must sit 7" deep into the floor to be flush.  When fully extended upward, your lift will be 7" lower than it was when sitting on the garage floor.  Example: Handy lifts raise up 30", so subtract 7", leaving a lifting height of 23".  Just something to consider.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2011, 08:58:34 PM »

I believe yo math is spot on ... Why would i wanna have to stand up allll the time ?? Not to mention ya cant reach the tank top , dash, windsheild and such ..Ya  jus gotta weigh it out .. not to mention its a helluva lot work to flush mount the lift .. Me ??? im likin it .. bsides ... Im thinkin them handy lifts was made for lawnmowers .. it jus happens to work out for MCs as well ... LOL

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2011, 08:01:24 AM »

Hey guys I know nobody here knows me, been lurking for a while, names Randy the O'l lady is Sue or Pinke on this site, we live west of Indy, just wondering how faceracer likes his lift now that he's had it to use a littlewhile, I see you [faceracer] ordered a wheeldock I guess its easier than the vice ? kinda lookin for a lift too   thanks  Randy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 08:51:10 AM by DaBigNuttedMan »
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »

really like the flush with floor lift .. BUT  who woulda thought there is 4" plus concrete keepin ya from doin it .. and talk about dust .. yeow.. better havin jus the wheel vice stickin up trhan to have the whole table sittin thee in the way .. jus sayin .. :2vrolijk_21:

Are you sure you dont have 'other plans' with that coffin shaped hole  :o    :nervous:

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »

Hey guys I know nobody here knows me, been lurking for a while, names Randy the O'l lady is Sue or Pinke on this site, we live west of Indy, just wondering how faceracer likes his lift now that he's had it to use a littlewhile, I see you [faceracer] ordered a wheeldock I guess its easier than the vice ? kinda lookin for a lift too   thanks  Randy

I have not had much chance to use it. work is out of control!!! The wheel dock is still sitting in the box. I hope to get it setup before the end of the year. I have to work 12 hour days 7 days a week for the frist 5 weeks of 2012! I am thrilled!
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

DaBigNuttedMan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »

I have not had much chance to use it. work is out of control!!! The wheel dock is still sitting in the box. I hope to get it setup before the end of the year. I have to work 12 hour days 7 days a week for the frist 5 weeks of 2012! I am thrilled!
[/quote     
     ok we'll I'll be watching to see how it goes, I guess busy at work is a gift these days thanks Randy
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »

The wheel dock is mounted. I just got it all done. Ready for some wrenching on my bike. I used two 1/2" stove bolts in the base under the tire and I used two 3/8" bolts thru the cross member into exisiting holes in my lift. It is rock solid! In and Out of the wheel dock is easy however I still cannot get the back wheel over the lift by myself. I had to get the BSR involved. I think I need a longer approach ramp. Next project!!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:53:36 PM by faceracer »
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2011, 04:52:15 PM »

Another view...
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »

Last one...
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
1985 Candy Red FXRS

DaBigNuttedMan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2011, 06:15:29 PM »

Thanks for gettin back looks nice, am ordering a wheeldock ez up centerstand pretty quick here, going to buy a lift soon could darn well be that one you got there, any problems let us know thanks Randy

kerb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »

The wheel dock is mounted. I just got it all done. Ready for some wrenching on my bike. I used two 1/2" stove bolts in the base under the tire and I used two 3/8" bolts thru the cross member into exisiting holes in my lift. It is rock solid! In and Out of the wheel dock is easy however I still cannot get the back wheel over the lift by myself. I had to get the BSR involved. I think I need a longer approach ramp. Next project!!!!!!

My lift is different.  But I just ride my bike on.  Let the motor do the work.
Mine stays parked on the lift when it is in the garage.  Ride on, step off.  Been doing that c couple of years now.
It gets exciting when it's been raining out, the lift tends to get a little slick.  Pucker factor 4.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »

Mine stays parked on the lift when it is in the garage.  Ride on, step off.  Been doing that c couple of years now.
It gets exciting when it's been raining out, the lift tends to get a little slick.  Pucker factor 4.

:worthless:lets see a pic of different lift ..

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »

x2 - That reminds me to get some of that stair traction tape I keep meaning to get.  It does get a little wild sometimes when the tires are wet!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.