Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: No. Orygun Coast  (Read 3348 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: No. Orygun Coast
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »

How do you tell if some is banned by reading their intro. I remember this guy getting kicked.........but it was way after I had posted a welcome. As far as running up a post count........how much does each post pay??
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »

When the word "guest" appears below their screen name, that's the first clue. :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 09:33:33 AM »

When the word "guest" appears below their screen name, that's the first clue. :2vrolijk_21:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:nervous:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 09:45:33 AM »

Spending a little time here will get you the rest of the clues. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »

Respectfully, how would a 'newbie' know if someone has been banned in the past?  Also, I find the above comments rather interesting, given the fact some of the one's making them have thousands of posts.  I'd bet many were made welcoming new members.

Quite frankly, I found it very nice to be welcomed when I joined in August and since try to read and respond to every one of the welcome posts. So speak for yourself friends.

While it entered my mind it was a good way to get post counts up, it is not without it's rewards because you get to welcome new members - riders from all over the world.  So far, I'm finding comments by a few jaded members who have been here for a long time a little condescending.  I'd bet other new members will too.  No one wants to be a 'newbie' forever, but when you're new and learning from all the 'more experienced' CVO owners, it stands to reason most of their posts would be in the welcome section...right? Just say-en...

I'm not feeling good about this at all.  Sorry guys...just calling it as I see it.  Pure BS.  Being on this site for a long time is not that great of an accomplishment.  It's just a freaking board.  :-\

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »

I'm not feeling good about this at all.  Sorry guys...just calling it as I see it.  Pure BS.  Being on this site for a long time is not that great of an accomplishment.  It's just a freaking board.  :-\

:2vrolijk_21: :pepper:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 10:31:29 AM »

Respectfully, how would a 'newbie' know if someone has been banned in the past?  Also, I find the above comments rather interesting, given the fact some of the one's making them have thousands of posts.  I'd bet many were made welcoming new members.

Quite frankly, I found it very nice to be welcomed when I joined in August and since try to read and respond to every one of the welcome posts. So speak for yourself friends.

While it entered my mind it was a good way to get post counts up, it is not without it's rewards because you get to welcome new members - riders from all over the world.  So far, I'm finding comments by a few jaded members who have been here for a long time a little condescending.  I'd bet other new members will too.  No one wants to be a 'newbie' forever, but when you're new and learning from all the 'more experienced' CVO owners, it stands to reason most of their posts would be in the welcome section...right? Just say-en...

I'm not feeling good about this at all.  Sorry guys...just calling it as I see it.  Pure BS.  Being on this site for a long time is not that great of an accomplishment.  It's just a freaking board.  :-\

Brian answered that question in Reply #46 above.

Nothing wrong with welcoming a newcomer, provided he's new and provided he's welcome here (not banned). :nixweiss:

The off handed humor by myself and others with "thousands of posts" are just that and not to be taken any other way.  Nothing wrong with welcoming new comers, wether you have ten posts or thousands......provided it's not somebody that's been here for much longer than the person welcoming them.....or provided it's not a member that's been banned and is no longer welcome here.  In other words.....if you're welcoming a member here, if you don't want to read the newbies original post (the first post of an introduction thread) at least take a half a second to look over at their avatar to be sure that you don't see "GUEST" under their username and to view the "Member since...." just to be sure that it's not somebody that's been here for years that you're welcoming.

Like Marty, I welcome people that are new and in Nor Cal.......or maybe places I've been or a location where I know and have met another member or members.  I'm pretty sure if you go into your introduction thread you'll see that I welcomed you and if I'm not mistaken, also sent you a PM welcoming you.  That coming from a person that has tens of thousands of posts.  I try to do it the way it was designed on this and all the other forums that I belong to. :nixweiss:

Lastly, please don't confuse off handed humor with condescending.  Speaking for myself and I believe the others that's been here for awhile......it's just not meant that way.  You're amongst a bunch of twisted people here and so our humor is a bit twisted. :2vrolijk_21:

I am sorry that you feel the way you state in your last paragraph.  I hope that you stick around long enough to be able to seperate the twisted humor from the literal and enjoy it as you go along.  It is a forum unlike any other on the net. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 10:44:39 AM »

Wow.  I was speaking for myself when I was just "say-en" that even after someone posted a reminder in this thread that the member who started this thread was banned, we still had members welcoming that banned, ex-member.  Obviously, those people and others who posted here after this guy got the boot, did not take time to read the introductory post and see that this guy is no longer here.  If you do, or did, great!

I could probably count the posts I've made in this section on one hand and this board didn't even exist when I showed up.  We made ourselves welcome by posting relevant information on topics in the various CVO boards.  Sorry if my comments made you feel bad. :bigcry:  I'm just calling it as I see it.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »

If I may

I feel that if you have a genuine reason for welcoming somebody , do it.  The welcome is to welcome the new member.

It's not to get a post count up , it's for the new member to feel welcomed.

just my opinion (not as a Mod) but as a person who happens to be a member of this board .

Marty

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »

Thanks, you Retreaded Uterus Baiter. 

Can we welcome this banned dude some more, or is that considered bad form?

Well, if Iski wants to welcome you some more then so do I!

Welcome to the forum from western NY!  I'm sorry you weren't welcome for very long. 
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »

Aw shucks, no wonder I couldn't PM him to hang out. He was so informative and opinionated, strong character, seemed like a real cool cat.  :zstupid: Well I guess this could be a farewell thread. And for all the dummys who didn't know what "guest" meant....don't feel bad I had no idea either so I PM'd a mod and got a very supportive response. It's not a dumb question if you don't know.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »

Lastly, please don't confuse off handed humor with condescending.  Speaking for myself and I believe the others that's been here for awhile......it's just not meant that way.  You're amongst a bunch of twisted people here and so our humor is a bit twisted. :2vrolijk_21:

Nail on the head!    :oops:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 10:10:10 AM »

Welcome to the Forum from Indy!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »

Here we go again.......ummmm mi ummmmm
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »

F it.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Welcome to the site from IL! :confused5:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 20 queries.