Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What happened to us?  (Read 4977 times)

Fattbaggernknox

• Full CVO Member
Re: What happened to us?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »

I've taken mt 11serg & my wifes 10 deluxe to (strokerjlk) for a tune & cam swap for her. I swapped my V&h pro pipe for a RB Black Hole spyder 2-1 & getting them both tuned. I can't wait to get them back as we have some fairly good riding days year round & I'm sure he will squeeze every hp/tq out of it possible!
2011 fltruse FBI wheels& hidden axle 574 Fuelling cams & lifters.J&M rocker series speakers & amp, Rb Racing black hole spyder 2-1, Aim-vpc92,SE 58MM TB, HPI 5.3 inj. Tuned by Strokerjlk 112.76/118.99 sae 115.42/121.85 std

Manvessel

• CVO1: '11 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 12:27:28 PM »

To dlhovland:

I don't know how cold it is where you are, but I live outside DC (Virginia side of the Beltway).  I rode yesterday (12/29).  It was 39 when I started (12:00hrs) and 41 when I finished at about 15:00.  I've ridden as low as 35 degrees.  I wear the FXRG jacket and pants, no heated gear needed even at highway speeds.  Gerbling Hybrid gloves (either theirs or HD's they are both the same) set at mid-range heat (I use the batteries rather than tethering to the electrical PTO of the bike).  H-D riding boots with wool socks from K-Mart and a 3/4 hybrid helmet with the visor down and front vent closed.  Oh, don't forget some Chapstick.  Didn't need to use the heated seats just made sure the baffles on the lowers were closed and the wind deflectors behind the shark nose were in place.  This allows the engine to warm the seat and keep your back-side toasty.  Was a GREAT RIDE!!!  Planning on a Polar Bear on Monday the 2nd with some other riders.

Ain't no fun looking at my scoot in the garage, when I know I could be riding.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »

We can all talk about the best oil again!!!!! :P

Craig

dlhovland

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »

You are tougher than me.LOL Thanks for the reply. Happy new year to you.
2011 road glide ultra CVO

Chris4444

• CVO1: 07 cvo ultra blue / sold
    • CVO2: 08 cvo ulta duracell / sold
    • CVO3: 2011 cvo road glide ultra
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 02:31:55 PM »

I rode to the west coast of scotland last week, thought about taking my Cvo Roadglide but wimped out and used my BMW r1200rt some how the BM seems  more suited to cold winter riding but its diffucult to say why , both have good weather protection Good tyres ABS and Heated seats and grips

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 03:28:31 PM »

I rode to the west coast of scotland last week, thought about taking my Cvo Roadglide but wimped out and used my BMW r1200rt some how the BM seems  more suited to cold winter riding but its diffucult to say why , both have good weather protection Good tyres ABS and Heated seats and grips

I know why...if you would have hit a bad patch of ice or weather and wiped out the bike, you wouldn't feel so bad wiping out the Beemer as you would the CVO.  I know I wouldn't.... :huepfenlol2:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chris4444

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »

Or i would only spend 10 mins with a hose pipe cleaning my BMW and Half a day cleaning the Harley

CTcvorider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2010 R1200RT
    • CVO3: 1985 Ducati MHR Mille
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 04:51:13 PM »

I also own a CVO Road Glide Ultra and a BMW R1200RT.  The  BMW actually has better wind protection than the Harley.  There's less wind on the upper arms and shoulders with the BMW and less wind on the legs.  I like the BMW better in the cold even though both have heated grips and seats. 

Chris4444

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »

I love them both there  so different, most weekends in 2011  i rode a 600 mile return  trip to scotland to work on an old boat, sometimes it very diffucult to decide which bike to use, in the end if it was wet i would use the BM , and it was usually raining
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.