Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac Stage I install on a 2011 FLTRUSE - Packing Material Question  (Read 1647 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens

Successfully installed the Fullsac Stage I kit with 2.0" cores. Major relief from engine heat ......yessssss! Seat-of-pants increase in power .........yesssssss! But a bit noisier than I'd like after a full days ride ..........hmmmm! Possible solutions include switching to 1.75" cores ........installing "mo bettah" acoustical packing around the muffler screens ......or both. Ordered TechMat & SilcoSoft from Bruce in North Carolina and have started the install. Pulling the muffler screens out of the cans, I was surprised to how much they had broken down/burned. Only 5600 miles on the bike!

There's a thin layer of stringy material (fiberglass?) installed directly on the screen. The factory packing material is wrapped over that. Anyone know if that stringy fiberglass material is necessary to prevent harm to the packing?? Should I leave it and wrap the new material over it? Appreciate anyones experience with this/
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Re: Fullsac Stage I install on a 2011 FLTRUSE - Packing Material Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »

The 2 installs i've done, i used TechMat as my packing around the FullSac baffle  :2vrolijk_21:
the only thing i did re use from the Oe set up was the metal mesh, i scrapped the "spaghetti" looking baffle insulation, cheap stuff IMO
Very pleased with the TechMat product and Bruce is a gentleman to deal with too

Ride On
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

slate

• Slate

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra / Slate
    • CVO2: 2003 Road King / Black (Sold)
    • CVO3: 1998 Honda VFR800 Intercepter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »

Successfully installed the Fullsac Stage I kit with 2.0" cores. Major relief from engine heat ......yessssss! Seat-of-pants increase in power .........yesssssss! But a bit noisier than I'd like after a full days ride ..........hmmmm! Possible solutions include switching to 1.75" cores ........installing "mo bettah" acoustical packing around the muffler screens ......or both. Ordered TechMat & SilcoSoft from Bruce in North Carolina and have started the install. Pulling the muffler screens out of the cans, I was surprised to how much they had broken down/burned. Only 5600 miles on the bike!

There's a thin layer of stringy material (fiberglass?) installed directly on the screen. The factory packing material is wrapped over that. Anyone know if that stringy fiberglass material is necessary to prevent harm to the packing?? Should I leave it and wrap the new material over it? Appreciate anyones experience with this/

Just curious,  what did you end up doing and were you happy with the result.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:13:17 PM »

Hi Slate,
Never received a satisfactory answer on the stringy fiberglas stuff but have concluded it was there to protect the acoustical material from the very strong exhaust pulses within the stock muffler. I left this material in place to protect the 0.5" Techmat material which did help to mellow the sound .........although still a bit on the loud side. Tried the 1.75" cores ......however the sound is a bit too "tame" for a "Harley".

The 110" CVO motor has a distinctive "hammering" sound ..........especially when goiing through the gears ........which can be tough on the senses after a day's ride. I've mostly solved that problem by installing bolts through the certer of the 2 inch cores:

I see that you are in Germany ........my wife and I will be riding the Rhine area and the Alps August-September. Very excited about our one month European tour on our CVO.
Aloha,
Dennis
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 25 queries.